Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK. Sorry that took forever. I had to sneak all the Xmas presents from my van into the 1969 Peugeot in the garage...

Here he is. What do you think?
MacDonald003-1.jpg

I have to put the Apoxie on in layers and let it dry as I build up the hair and must be patient. That way, when I add the final layer of hair, there is no chance of putting a dent in the overall shape. I will probably be complete with Dr. Maximus by tomorrow if I keep going at him at this rate...and then onto Dr. Honorious. What do you guys think...should I make Virgil and be done with all the orangutans first or should I make a gorilla next?

There is still Julius, Urko (I know you already have on, Ironman....just need to practice sculpting), and Ursus.

Then there is Lisa and Dr. Milo. Am I missing any of the main players? Oh yes..and Lucius, even though I have Angel's wonderful sculpts. I was going to purchase an enlarged Medicom from Dr. Enlarger but he's been MIA and I need me some apes NOW.

Maximus001.jpg
Maximus002.jpg

Maximus003.jpg

Last edited:
I was kind of feeling sad...it seemed like there wasn't that many apes left for to make...and then I remembered the TV series. How could I forget? There are a myriad of characters there that need to be done and need to populate Ape City.

No apes left? :lol
I would love to see Dr. Shrinker/Enlarger enable us to have ALL those Medicoms as 1:6 heads.
I would love to see Virgil, watching battle so many times over that 4 day weekend, really peaked my interest in him again. Julius would just plain ROCK. Urko, yes I have one but you forget how much I like VARIETY!!! Milo would be a wonderful, and long overdue, addition. A true James Gregory Ursus? I'm first in line!!
Yes!! The TV series is rich with characters, both simian and human. Here's a few of both that I would die to have:
Jonesy
Tolar
Dalton
Zako
Prefect Barlow
Farrow
Jason
Arno
Bandor
Aboro
and thats just off the top of my head.
MORE 1:6 APES!!!!

IM--what do you think of the new soldier I just got for $10? With added hair, and a repaint, wouldn't he look like MacDonald?

I definitely am going to start sculpting more apes!!! They are so fun. Someday maybe I'll be good enough to make them from scratch. Definitely I want to be able to sculpt some humans too but I still am not good enough. I just need more practice!!

IM--what do you think of the new soldier I just got for $10? With added hair, and a repaint, wouldn't he look like MacDonald?

I definitely am going to start sculpting more apes!!! They are so fun. Someday maybe I'll be good enough to make them from scratch. Definitely I want to be able to sculpt some humans too but I still am not good enough. I just need more practice!!

I don't know. If I say something wrong I might get mooned and sworn at again.
Yes, with the proper hair and a repaint I think he could come cloe to MacDonald. As for sculpting apes seeing what you have done made me get out a concersion ape I started quite some time ago. You can see him in the lower left in the first and last pic I posted of Burke & Virdon. Its light years behind what you and Angel accomplish, but, it may work for a background ape.

IM--I think with proper hair (and he's already bald!!...no need to sand anything down...!!) and a repaint, he looks like MacDonald...better than the other guy I first dug up. oh...Who is that guy on the lower right in front of Cornelius? Can I get a closeup of his face? The guy with painted hair? To me he looks like Virdon.

IM--this I think is the only way to build up Ape City...doing it yourself. Cheaper, too. Those artists are wacky. Brilliant but wacky.

Those mocassins look wonderful on your figures, Ironman. You should put Burke's belt under his vest. I bought a cheapo head I am going to redo for Virdon. It's at work. He needs a chin implant and I need to fix his hair.

Those mocassins look wonderful on your figures, Ironman. You should put Burke's belt under his vest. I bought a cheapo head I am going to redo for Virdon. It's at work. He needs a chin implant and I need to fix his hair.

Burke is still a work in progress. I noticed he started off with the belt around the vest. Then it was no vest at all. And I need to darken the belt so that it matches the tv version. I also still want to redo Dragon's Laars and see how much Virdon is hiding in the sculpt.
I was also trying to find the listing I had for a guy who was selling POTA sculpted jewelry on ebay. Stuff was real nice but I can't find the link anymore.

Is that what you have now on Virdon? The Dragon's Laars? Is that the one Angel is re-hairing?

I didn't know somebody was selling POTA jewelry!!

I'm going to forage for some food (lunch now since I waited too long)...and then I'm going to finish up Dr. Maximus, and root through my box of naked humans to see who would work as Honorious. I don't have any screencaptures of Virgil, but I have some of Honorious.

Is that what you have now on Virdon? The Dragon's Laars? Is that the one Angel is re-hairing?

I didn't know somebody was selling POTA jewelry!!
Mmy Virdon is a Benjamin Lauth Kick-O-Mania figure from Revell. Angel is rehairing a Dragon Erich with Ada -like hair.
I'm going to forage for some food (lunch now since I waited too long)...and then I'm going to finish up Dr. Maximus, and root through my box of naked humans to see who would work as Honorious. I don't have any screencaptures of Virgil, but I have some of Honorious.

Virgil huh?

Last edited:
I want to learn how to sculpt Ada-like hair. I just have to keep at it. Thanks for the Virgil shots. I already cut off the head from the body, and I'm going to cut off the one for Honorious in a few minutes and I'll post their mug shots.

Back