Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is great work, Jessica! :rock

So... what is the consensus choice amongst APES fans for the next Premium Format figures? I'd think Zira and/or Cornelius would be the most popular. And I too would like either of those. But, personally, my most-wanted would be Caesar from the end of CONQUEST, followed by Ursus from BENEATH with his fist raised in hatred of all things human.

What say you guys?

I'd like to see a Zira PF then a Cornelius.

Everyone knows that I'm always down for the Gorillas, so giving us the General would be my vote!

Jessica, you're coming along so well so quickly. Please keep those shots coming. It looks like you're really getting the hang of it. Your ape army will be bigger than all of ours soon. :horror

The sculpts look great between Angel and Jess! I think that we need a primo painter for the Orangutan and Chimpanzee sculpts. Any ideas people?:confused:

Jessica's artistic talents are exploding all over the place with those sculpts. I really love them!:D

Thanks guys. As Angel once said to me, if they don't exist, MAKE EM.

If anybody has any screenshots of apes from the TV series, please share them with me. I am also looking for screenshots of Julius and Lucius from the first movie...but any screen references of apes will do.

Slowly but surely the apes are coming to Ape City.

Here are the three apes I am working on...
dec2008055.jpg
dec2008056.jpg

dec2008057.jpg
dec2008059.jpg

Love the new ape sculpts!! I'm not sure I like the small helmet on Ursus though. If you cast him, will he have a full head or be like the Sideshow half head version?
Email with what pix you migh need and I'll send you whatever i have to help you out.

Love the new ape sculpts!! I'm not sure I like the small helmet on Ursus though. If you cast him, will he have a full head or be like the Sideshow half head version?
Email with what pix you migh need and I'll send you whatever i have to help you out.

Hmmm....just re-read your comment. I was hoping I wouldn't have to sculpt that helmet! Dangnabit!!! But you are right...Angel's helmet will look awkward once I fluff up the hair. At least I still have the open-mouth SS Ursus that will wear Angel's helmet, what it was meant for. I was just trying to cut corners.

Last edited:
Hmmm....just re-read your comment. I was hoping I wouldn't have to sculpt that helmet! Dangnabit!!! But you are right...Angel's helmet will look awkward once I fluff up the hair. At least I still have the open-mouth SS Ursus that will wear Angel's helmet, what it was meant for. I was just trying to cut corners.

Maybe a Hasbro Ursus helmet may work? Aren't they larger?

Maybe a Hasbro Ursus helmet may work? Aren't they larger?

I don't know. I've sculpted one for my Mego...I can sculpt another. Plus, this is a bigger scale so it's not as difficult to reproduce the hieroglyphs.

Last edited:
IM--can I borrow your Hasbro helmet? I want to make sure that whatever hair I add on it will work with the helmet.

I added a 12" Caesar to my Sideshow collection today! :rock Great figure! Can't believe I never bothered to pick him up until now, especially considering he's my favorite POTA character. :pow

That brings my humble SSC POTA collection to:

12" Gorilla Soldier
12' General Ursus
12" Zira
12" Cornelius
12" Slave Taylor
12" Slave Nova
12" Forbidden Zone Zaius
12" Caesar

Lawgiver Statue

And I have the Zaius PF on pre-order.

Am I allowed in the club? :lol

Congrats, IrishJedi!! I think I have at least one of all the apes that Sideshow made. No humans though except for my Robert Patrick doll, and the box of humans I'm converting to apes slowly.

Back