Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Yeah, the only humans (including Mutants) I have are Taylor and Nova... and that's fine with me.

I think I might pick up some more Soldiers and make bashes for Zira & Cornelius Apenauts and I'll be good with Sideshow 12" POTA.

Looking forward to more PFs, though. :rock

After looking at photo references, I decided to sand down Virgil's browridges:

before:
dec2008059.jpg

after:
dec2008065.jpg
dec2008064.jpg

Just kitbashed a gorilla soldier today. Maybe I'll make him my gorilla jailer. I'll post pics tomorrow and you'll have to let me know what you think.

Hmm I wonder what a blue eyed orangutan would look like. Hmmmm I could use one of them for my story.

Virgil,
before sanding his brow ridges:
dec2008059.jpg

after resculpting his brow ridges and eyebrows, with final touches to his hair:
dec2008073.jpg
dec2008071.jpg

Last edited:
This is the new victim...his head refused to budge off the body, so I went at it with some gardening shears. It's also quite small compared to the other heads I have sculpted and looks pretty goofy on the body I removed him from. I decided that I would sculpt over whatever human I pulled out of the box, and it happened to be him.
dec2008068.jpg

He is now on his way to being Lucius, just because the size of the head is so small. I may re-do his nose. I just didn't have great photo references to work off of.
dec2008069.jpg
dec2008070.jpg

Last edited:
Jess, you are absolutely rockin' thru the apes library of characters!!

I really want to improve my sculpting, that's why I'm chugging through these characters. It's better to try to sculpt them myself...that way I won't have to shell out the sculpting commission fee!!

Tonight I will finish Dr. Honorious and add some more to Lucius. I hope I find better photo references.

Last edited:
Angel if you are around, can you send me screencaptures of Lucius? Especially the back of his head and closeups of his face...???

Hey, Hasslein!! I didn't know you were a member of the Forum of the Apes! I saw your name there...

Yeah, I wanted to join in on some of the discussions, but I'm not big on introducing myself, and I haven't done that yet, I can't post until I do... or so it says...

Back