Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See you guys later. My eldest is booting me off the computer, and I'm hankering to add more hair to Maximus.

This is all I could do for today. I have to get ready now for my office Christmas party. I still have to work on the right side of his hair and also the facial hair/beard...but he's getting there.

max002.jpg

max003.jpg
max001.jpg

Last night with dinner I had a margarita and a full glass of red wine, which is one drink too many for me. I never believed why Zira in Escape would feel so sleepy after a few glasses of wine, but OMG I was feeling the same way! I zonked out when we got home and felt really drugged...probably fell asleep with a smile on my face...It was the deepest sleep I ever had in such a long while...and then....I woke up at 2:30 and couldn't get back to sleep!!!

I got up to sculpt around 4AM but the room felt a little unstable. Don't know if that was from lack of sleep or I was still drunk...Thank goodness I am not at work today.

I wanted to extend an offer to all the members that post on the thread. I have a few SDCC gift cards (ranging from $50 to $15) that I'm not going to use by the time they expire at the end of this year. They are ONLY good towards any of the items on the following list:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/giftcard/

Not much there for the Ape fan, I know. But they do have some brown Buck bodies (with stands) available. Maybe you need a body for some customizing? A few Buffy and Star Wars 12"ers are available as well. Also they are offering their stunning hardback cataloge that has some great photos of all of their lines including the Ape line.

Anyway, look over the list. If you see an item that you want some help purchasing, I've got the gift cards. PM me and I'll sent you the redemption code. First come first served.

Last edited:
Here's what I have done tonight. The Apoxie is not drying fast enough and I am really in the mood to sculpt...so I am working on both Honorious and Virgil.
Honorious:
dec2008038.jpg
dec2008039.jpg

dec2008.jpg

Virgil. The dark areas of his face are from a blunt pencil. Of course, I never know where my tools are so I just grab whatever is nearest at hand.
dec2008040.jpg
dec2008041.jpg

Last edited:
OMG! I am still in a mood to sculpt, but I can't work on Honorious and Virgil until that Apoxie dries...I'm going now for a gorilla! Maybe I'm going to try my hand at Julius! YEAH! OK...I'm going to dig through my box of humans and find a suitable Julius...

Dammit...I don't have any screen references of Julius...so I'm going to have go try to sculpt Ursus. This guy was not good enough for MacDonald from Conquest, so he will have to make do for Ursus:
dec2008043-1.jpg

Of course, I want to make sure that Angel's wonderful helmet fits this guy...AND IT DOES!! So...if I add any hair, I want to make sure it fits underneath the helmet!!

dec2008044.jpg

dec2008045.jpg

That is great work, Jessica! :rock

So... what is the consensus choice amongst APES fans for the next Premium Format figures? I'd think Zira and/or Cornelius would be the most popular. And I too would like either of those. But, personally, my most-wanted would be Caesar from the end of CONQUEST, followed by Ursus from BENEATH with his fist raised in hatred of all things human.

What say you guys?

Thanks, Irish Jedi! I have read that practice makes better...so I am trying to get as much sculpting done to improve and hopefully can someday sculpt from scratch. It may take years, but I am not going anywhere.

I said it before and I will say it again...I would move mountains to get Cornelius and Zira. If it was based only on the first film, then definitely Zira followed by Cornelius (but that's just me). If you move into the second film, PLEASE GOD LET IT BE URSUS. Really, I would love Ursus to come before Zira and Cornelius because he is just good eye candy...but seeing Dr. Zaius come first and noticing that he is from the original movie...hopefully Zira AND Cornelius.

Just bring on some more apes!!!!!

Back