Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why? Because you're not into POTA?

A few reasons:
I just dont get the vibe that the collectible base is that big world wide.
Especially a base that is willing to throw more money at higher priced
figures in this economy that may have been covered "adequately" by Sideshow?
Also, I dont see a secondary market for parted out pieces on ebay which
has been huge for HT up to this point. All the character designs from the movies are pretty bare bones.
Personally, Id love a few great Heston sculpts from Yulli but who needs loose Ape bodies?

Sad were the days of the great conflict between the Apes and the Crusaders...Many lives were lost and freindships strained...But glorious is this day...For the two most powerful factions have joined forces!!

The Great Ape Army...So wise and respected...

The Crusaders...Young, but very powerful indeed...

Together we shall form and alliance of Ape and Man.....

Unstopable we will be...

Stand clear and be warned, for a new day has dawned....

Look forth to the skies and see the sun rise...We stand as brothers ready to meet a new day....

Ps...I wont hijack again, I just couldn't help myself....

:monkey2

The good old days........posted over 2 years ago :horror

Still spelled Krusade was a "C" :lol

:monkey2

The good old days........posted over 2 years ago :horror

Still spelled Krusade was a "C" :lol

It reads like an excerpt from one of the 13 sacred scrolls.

Spartan Rex, as for parting out? Every site that I am aware of that parted the POTA figures out is sold out. I personally, bought out the stock on a couple of sites. If you know anywhere that is still parting out in stock POTA items please let me know.

Spartan Rex, as for parting out? Every site that I am aware of that parted the POTA figures out is sold out. I personally, bought out the stock on a couple of sites. If you know anywhere that is still parting out in stock POTA items please let me know.

Ironman, you're crazy! Ape crazy! Me likes that.

Er...yeah you kinda prove my point.
You, a single hardcore POTA fan bought up the bulk of the loose items...
How much of the HT loose items is your wallet going to allow you too suck up?
Not nearly enough I'll wager.

Toy Anxiety parted out the figures a few times and remember the pieces
didnt move anywhere near as fast as other lines.

Why are we framing the commercial viability of Hot Toys POTA over whether or not figures pieces will be parted out en masse? That's a bit of a short-sighted way of looking at it. :lol

Sad were the days of the great conflict between the Apes and the Crusaders...Many lives were lost and freindships strained...But glorious is this day...For the two most powerful factions have joined forces!!

The Great Ape Army...So wise and respected...

The Crusaders...Young, but very powerful indeed...

Together we shall form and alliance of Ape and Man.....

Unstopable we will be...

Stand clear and be warned, for a new day has dawned....

Look forth to the skies and see the sun rise...We stand as brothers ready to meet a new day....

Ps...I wont hijack again, I just couldn't help myself....

Wow...this...makes me want to FIGHT LIKE APES!! :banana

PZ--I just stumbled on your post #663 with EXCELLENT photo references of Julius...I may try resculpting him again...but perhaps on a different head so I could get two versions! :banana

I hope they do figures from the TV series.

If not, I say we hire Jess to make them. jess, your sculpts are amazing! They are look so much like the actual movie! OUTSTANDING work!

Angel, the Caesar statue is awesome! For somereason I didn't know he was 1/6 scale. Very nice!:monkey5

And the AWESOMEST!!!!!:rock

I Concur!

Finally back after a week of no internet! Wow that was rough.

Hot Toys huh? This sounds nice, I'll have to see their offerings before I comment. I have the James Dean and Marlo Brando figures. The only thing I've noticed is, HT is off on their flesh tone. The figures I have seem very pale so hopefully they can fix this.

Kudos to you, I-man, for the "Save the Planet" Campaign. I don't know how much this thread has influenced Hot Toys in their decision to take over the Ape Line. It certainly didn't hurt. I guess, we'll never know.

I'm sure you and the rest of us are enjoying this victory anyway. It has been many years since the last 1/6th figure from Sideshow. This news is most welcome. Of course the price point will be high and with the economy the way it is... I will pick and choose from their offerings. I do not think I will replace my Sideshow apes with Hot Toys duplicates. I'll be buying the characters Sideshow never got to. Unless Hot Toys figures really blow away Sideshow's.

That being said...

Prediction...

Ape-onauts will be the first figures released.

Thanks, I-man for starting this whole thing. From Mission Impossible to Mission Accomplished.

Er...yeah you kinda prove my point.
You, a single hardcore POTA fan bought up the bulk of the loose items...
How much of the HT loose items is your wallet going to allow you too suck up?
Not nearly enough I'll wager.

Toy Anxiety parted out the figures a few times and remember the pieces
didnt move anywhere near as fast as other lines.
Its really not about buying them parted out. However, I only bought all that they had as the pickings were slim and I had not known of the site. When I found it, I bought all that I could. One can't really have a naked army or garrison.

Sounds great Jess! Gotta love Urko!:monkey5
You do realize the picture you posted was General Aldo, right? :D

Kudos to you, I-man, for the "Save the Planet" Campaign. I don't know how much this thread has influenced Hot Toys in their decision to take over the Ape Line. It certainly didn't hurt. I guess, we'll never know.

I'm sure you and the rest of us are enjoying this victory anyway. It has been many years since the last 1/6th figure from Sideshow. This news is most welcome. Of course the price point will be high and with the economy the way it is... I will pick and choose from their offerings. I do not think I will replace my Sideshow apes with Hot Toys duplicates. I'll be buying the characters Sideshow never got to. Unless Hot Toys figures really blow away Sideshow's.

That being said...

Prediction...

Ape-onauts will be the first figures released.

Thanks, I-man for starting this whole thing. From Mission Impossible to Mission Accomplished.

Thanks Jungle, that was very nice of you. I think that, if this thread had any brearing on Hot Toys decision, it was due to all of us. The perseverence, the staying in the front page, the wonderful customs here that show how much could be done, and should be done.
As much as I would like to see the ape-o-nauts I don't think they will be first. They specifically mentiioned doing something for the 40th anniversary and I think we're going to see something from the first film. I'd prefer some TV series figures and some simian variety but let's just see how this rolls.
And, thanks to everyone that has joined in this thread, shared your customs and your fondness for this franchise and kept it alive, even if only for those of us here.

Anyone else gonna pick this book up?

display_thumbnail.php

To celebrate the 40th anniversary of Planet of the Apes, Hasslein Books announces an extensive chronology by author Rich Handley. Every film, episode, novel, comic book and more is covered, from 1968 to the present—including several unpublished works. This comprehensive volume offers insightful notes throughout, citing inconsistencies, discontinuities and other fascinating trivia.

https://www.lulu.com/content/4923702

That;s "General" Aldo! That's what I meant! Thanks for pointing that out IM!
By the way, I think that Hot Toys will have a more detailed look such as tunics for the gorillas. I am referring to the horizontal ridges that go across the tunics. Possibly more accurate coloring for the shirt and pants for the gorillas also. I would also like to have a Landon, Dodge, and Taylor with more detail to their faces. Two versions, one with their astro suits and the other with the hunt scene tatters.:gun

As far as the instigator that has invaded this thread! The Sideshow Gorillas are always pricey on ebay. Explain that one? Also, more buyers have the Sideshow Apes than dealers. Sideshow has been long sold out of everyone, so go bother someone else Who gives a S__t!:horror

Back