Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, they did only mention the first film, but I hope to see at least a couple of different gorillas, maybe an accurate Ursus even though he's from Beneath). This IS the news that those of us persevering and sticking with this thread, keeping it on the front page longer than any other, have been waiting for. It has been a long, tiring battle. And, while we didn't truly get Sideshow to back down and honor us with either their presence here or with another 1:6 figure, we now have Hot Toys to look forward to. Hopefully in an affordable way. If not, we take what we can from them and rejoice that we still have talented artisans like Jessica, Snicks and Angel to fill our empty voids.

Taylor in astronaut suit, Dr. Zaius, Cornelius, Zira, and a Gorilla soldier
That is quite frankly all I would want, with Taylor and the chimps the absolute 'must haves'. I could go for the chimps in space suits as well... I mean, monkeys and space suits... whats not to like!

And yes I know they're great apes before a pedant picks me up!

That is quite frankly all I would want, with Taylor and the chimps the absolute 'must haves'. I could go for the chimps in space suits as well... I mean, monkeys and space suits... whats not to like!

And yes I know they're great apes before a pedant picks me up!

That was Space Chimps. :rotfl

I'm now thinking that the PF was just a last minute ploy to get a few more $'s from fans before HT took over the license. I do not celebrate the mis-scaled PF. I celebrate Hot Toys acknowledging something SS did not.

I'm now thinking that the PF was just a last minute ploy to get a few more $'s from fans before HT took over the license. I do not celebrate the mis-scaled PF. I celebrate Hot Toys acknowledging something SS did not.

:rock :rock :rock :rock

Spoken like a true Ape! Rekognize Sideshows ultimate weakness!

Hmmm...so does this mean no hope of General Ursus, Cornelius or Zira in PF format?

Oh, there you are! We posted at the same time! :lol

And, I actually don't think this will affect the potential of future POTA PFs... especially is Zaius sales are healthy. (that matters more than anything)

I don't know how Hot Toys could improve on the SS Planet of the Apes figures (with the exception of the gorilla and Ursus sculpts), but if the apes look killer, I'm buying!!

I can't believe I am riding the crest of this ape wave. I'm usually two years too late!!

Oh, there you are! We posted at the same time! :lol

And, I actually don't think this will affect the potential of future POTA PFs... especially is Zaius sales are healthy. (that matters more than anything)

I can't tell if the Zaius PF sales are healthy or not. I hear grumblings from both sides...

I don't know how Hot Toys could improve on the SS Planet of the Apes figures (with the exception of the gorilla and Ursus sculpts), but if the apes look killer, I'm buying!!

I can't believe I am riding the crest of this ape wave. I'm usually two years too late!!

There is always room for improvement. Ursus, Brent, Nova and the gorilla soldier primarily but I think whatever they produce will be a homerun!! :banana

I can't tell if the Zaius PF sales are healthy or not. I hear grumblings from both sides...

Well, even though it has a low Edition Size (200) the Exclusive Edition sold out and went to Wait List status relatively quickly. That's always a good sign.

HT doesnt make many mis-steps but this could be one of them.

I have to think that, after seeing what Sideshow did and didn't do with the license, that they put sufficient thought into what they hoped to accomplish. And researched whether it was going to be feasible, marketable and profitable enough for them before they made the announcement.

It's also doubtful that a cable network would dedicate 4 straight days over a holiday weekend to nothing but POTA programming if there was not still a healthy market for it out there.

Back