Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a re-do of Burke's hair, which was done in Super Sculpey. The nice thing about it is not having to feel pressured to complete the sculpt before it cures (like Apoxie). His face still needs sanding to smooth it out. I toasted it but it's not solid all the way through (didn't want to fire up the oven for this tiny head, and wasn't sure how the plastic would be in the oven)..so I grilled it in my toaster oven, constantly turning it around. At least the curls are solid enough to make a cast of. I think it's smoother than the first one I tried out...but does he still look like Burke? He was looking a lot like Bill Bixby to me last night.
IMG_5318.jpg

IMG_5319.jpg

IMG_5320.jpg

IMG_5321.jpg

Last edited:
I mentioned their flag a couple of threads ago. Can't remember if it's on this thread or another... :D

I want you to be excited for this line Jessica. I know we are all going to be very happy with them, I just hope I can afford them in my budget.

Wow Jess, you are really good at doing hair. were you once a cake decorator? :lol

Your skills are getting better every day.

Maybe in a past life!! :lol Hey! I just remembered that I did take cake decorating in 6th grade.

I want to see how Hot Toys handles Zira and Cornelius. If they totally rock, I have to get them, although I am very happy with Sideshow's versions.

Last edited:
I want you to be excited for this line Jessica. I know we are all going to be very happy with them, I just hope I can afford them in my budget.

A Libra, talking about a budget? Sticks, what's that???

Lack of funding is where the trepidation lies...:monkey1:monkey1:monkey1

Last edited:
OMG!! Scary thought guys...that these new Hot Toys apes are going to be like Hasbro apes...with their wigs. Hot Toys, please quell my fears!!!

OMG!! Scary thought guys...that these new Hot Toys apes are going to be like Hasbro apes...with their wigs. Hot Toys, please quell my fears!!!

Lets quiet those fears together. I think your are going to lose yourself after you see the offerings. I can't wait to see the full prototype. These are going to be fun. I really like the length of the manes.

I think you'll be pretty wowed, from what I've heard they're pretty cool

Let me assure you (in case you didn't see it in our newsletter) that Sideshow WILL be distributing these figures - full preview should be coming early in 2009. And Hot Toys is able to do this license partly on account of their relationship with Sideshow, so, even though we aren't continuing the Apes line ourselves, be assured that the powers that be heard the Apes fans' cries and helped sway Hot Toys to produce them - see what writing letters and petitions can get you... sometimes Now, POTA Fans unite and prove there's still tons of collector love for these classic films!!

I heart Dusty.

I can tell just from the tiny sliver of pictures that the HT ape hair is nothing at all like that bristly, icky, "toilet brush" hair that Hasbro put on their apes. I wouldn't worry.

Jess, Burke looks good, but you'll really seehow good after a decent paint up. A lot of heads look like someone else before that crucial step. And to echo what has been said, Hot Toys will not be doing Hasbro hair.
Sticks, I heard there might be better pics before 2009. I can only hope it is so.

Ironman, do you know what head that Burke stand-in is from, who makes it? I'm going to make a mold of it and a cast, so that I could give the cast a nosejob. I think I can tweak his nose with a dremel, but I don't want to ruin the original. (I have very steady hands)...

Good morning all.

Jess, I think that that head sculpt you have is a Dragon DML Headsculpt. I may be wrong and IM would know, but it looks like one from the German WWII MG34 two pack.

Morning, Sticks! These new ape sculpts are getting me quite nervous! I really want them to be fantastic. I just don't want to expend so much energy in building up my hopes. (Too many shattered dreams...) I know that the gorillas had beautiful wavy hair. I want to see the new gorilla with the same such hairdo...I don't want to see something that looks like frizz after you straightened out the kinks kind of hair.

I took my sewing machine in yesterday to get it repaired. The one that I've been using since highschool was going to cost $90 to fix the timing. The Singer from the 70s had a broken gear and was going to cost $145 to fix. I traded in my highschool sewing machine towards getting a new machine and got $20 off, so I spent $175 yesterday to get a new sewing machine. I've tried it out already and it's so quiet compared to the Monkey Wards one I had been using.

I'm currently sewing a small stretch outfit for a Mego. It's so good to have a sewing machine again...it's so much neater than hand sewing.

OK...see you guys later. I'm going to forage for some food now, finish up that Mego outfit, and get cracking on painting that Mego head. My girlfriend tried her hand at painting, and it went horribly wrong.

Back