Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just pre-ordered General Ursus (his description translates as "Generals of monkey") and the gorilla soldier. The soldier's description translates as "gorilla sergeants of monkey." Sergeant? Either a mistake or an explanation for his more elaborate bandolier.

The release date is in late June so I have a lot of time to save the cash. The prices were 14,400 yen each, marked down from 18,800. So I'm paying roughly $159 US. That could change a million times between now and June with the economy flux!

I'm happy! Soon I will possess a magnificent planet. A planet... of the apes!

Congratulations on your preorder.

The Hot Toys General Ursus will definitely generate a ton of interest. I still think he should have been the first POTA PF or the next one. :rolleyes:

Congratulations on your preorder.

The Hot Toys General Ursus will definitely generate a ton of interest. I still think he should have been the first POTA PF or the next one. :rolleyes:

I hope that SS holds off of the PF for awhile. I can't afford both HT and SS at the same time. I want to have both but I want the 12in line more so if SS does release the PF along side of the HT 12 inch line the HT will win out.

Will these strictly be sold in HK or will they make it here to the US? I thought SS was going to be selling these. Does anyone know?

I hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot but I went ahead and pre-ordered mine from ABC in Hong Kong. I got tired of waiting on Sideshow to put them up for order.

Thank you Angel. Will SS be selling the EX Captain too?

These will be so cool atop the wagon.

Will these strictly be sold in HK or will they make it here to the US? I thought SS was going to be selling these. Does anyone know?

I bet your already planning films with the new figures in mind! I should say, I hope you are anyway.:wacky

I'm thinking the only reason SS hasn't put the Hot Toys apes on their website is due to the holidays. Be patient guys. I'm checking everyday for the time they start taking pre-orders. It'll be soon..

Last edited:
Yes please, can we all keep an eye out. I can't wait till these go up. I'm thinking 1 Usus, two soldiers and 1 Captain, maybe 2 if I can swing it, or if they allow it.

I'm thinking the only reason SS hasn't put the Hot Toys apes on their website is due to the holidays. Be patient guys. I'm checking everyday for time they start taking pre-orders. It'll be soon..

Too late for me, I couldn't wait. I already pre-ordered mine.:stooge:Flush

Yes please, can we all keep an eye out. I can't wait till these go up. I'm thinking 1 Usus, two soldiers and 1 Captain, maybe 2 if I can swing it, or if they allow it.

Yeah cause I think, mind you just think, that the SS HT exclusives are limited to only 1 in the past. But I am not 100% sure.

Thank you Angel. Will SS be selling the EX Captain too?

These will be so cool atop the wagon.

I think so Sticks. If you check out the attached list of Hot Toys distributors for North America, Sideshow is listed there. I believe they'll take pre-orders for all 3 apes and distribute them on behalf of Hot Toys.

https://hottoys.com.hk/contact.php :angelsmil

From the forum it looks like the HT Apes have alot of following so far! That is a good thing!:lsvader

Yeah so are you on board to get these? I know what JJ said.

I think everyone was right about the PF's. We may only see 3 of these. Luckily I was able to get Dr. Z using the GC I won from SS's Contest. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get another one. I think Dr. Z is the best choice for a PF if I am to own one so I can't wait to see him.

Last edited:
Yeah so are you on board to get these? I know what JJ said.

I think everyone was right about the PF's. We may only see 3 of these. Luckily I was able to get Dr. Z using the GC I won from SS's Contest. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get another one. I think Dr. Z is the best choice for a PF if I am to own one so I can't wait to see him.

Maybe someone will want to trade for him? :naughty

I am so on board to have these. I like the PF but I like the 12inch figures better because you can do alot more with them such as posing and such.

Back