Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just purchased the Anakin. I am going to need a young Cornelius for Lisa and Caesar. PZ, the naked 12" figures (I was able to buy 2 with your giftcard) arrived a few days ago. I'm going to make a Lisa with one and a Carsia with the other.

I don't think that will be a problem with Hot Toys exclusives. The Rocky Clubber Lang Street Fighter was an exclusive that sold out pretty fast and you can still find him on ebay.

Yes, but I think it was the lack of articulation that killed this guy. I wanted him so bad, I remember when he was going for $400. Anyways, I think the Rocky line only had 20 points of articulation or something like that.

I just purchased the Anakin. I am going to need a young Cornelius for Lisa and Caesar. PZ, the naked 12" figures (I was able to buy 2 with your giftcard) arrived a few days ago. I'm going to make a Lisa with one and a Carsia with the other.

Ahhhhh - PZ hooked you up also! That was so cool of him to take care of us here on this ape thread! I'm currently converting those same 12" figures into apes as well! BTW Jessica - who's Carsia??? :confused:

Last edited:
Carsia is the green eyed ape that was making moves on Galen on last TV show, Up Above the World So High.

Yes, but I think it was the lack of articulation that killed this guy. I wanted him so bad, I remember when he was going for $400. Anyways, I think the Rocky line only had 20 points of articulation or something like that.

$400.00????? I didn't know he got up to that much! WOW!

I was not going to make Lisa...was going to make Fauna but now that I have the figure for a young Cornelius, he will need a mommy.

Carsia is the green eyed ape that was making moves on Galen on last TV show, Up Above the World So High.

Yeah, she was going to blow up the Ape Council so all that would be left to rule The Planet of the Apes would be chimps.

Angel i think I have a plan for the boots...but it's all still in my head. Give me some time and I may be able to generate some for us.

Damn!! I wish I had known of that apes auction! :banghead
I'm also thinking I hope that these HT's stay available for a few days so that we can all get them at uninflated prices. I have a feeling, the way my lucks been running, that they'll go up for sale while I'm at work and be gone by the time I get home.

:confused:I don't want to miss out on them either! Especially the Exclusive. I am guessing that Sideshow is our best bet for affordability and availability when attaining the Hot Toys Apes?:confused:

Angel i think I have a plan for the boots...but it's all still in my head. Give me some time and I may be able to generate some for us.

Hmmmmm. I wonder what you're planning Jess.

FYI - I have 2 extra pairs of small chimp shoes which will fit your two new Anakins' perfectly for you. I'll put them in your box of stuff I have to mail.

Ahhhhh - PZ you hooked you up also! That was so cool of him to take care of us here on this ape thread! I'm currently converting those same 12" figures into apes as well! BTW Jessica - who's Carsia??? :confused:

I'm glad you guys were able to put those gift cards to good use. :banana:banana:banana

I still have two $50 gift cards available to anyone who wants them. Unfortunately that leaves out Angel, Jess and Ironman since they have already redeemed gift cards from SDCC. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Anybody else? :naughty

PM me. :D

I'm glad you guys were able to put those gift cards to good use. :banana:banana:banana

I still have two $50 gift cards available to anyone who wants them. Unfortunately that leaves out Angel, Jess and Ironman since they have already redeemed gift cards from SDCC. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Anybody else? :naughty

PM me. :D

I wish I knew you had them when I pre-ordered my PF Zaius brother.

Hi, thanks. It was a cool project to work on back in 1998. I was told that those costumes were used in the Apes movies, but they didn’t know which one. There were a few reasons mannequin forms were not used. The biggest reason was they wanted something “cheap” because they spent the budget on the ape heads. Also, I thought as a long-time-fan (Mego Zira and Cornelius at the age of 8), I could create forms for the costumes in a more appropriate ape posture.

The forms were built from Home Depot materials like PVC pipe, 2x2 wood, plywood, chicken wire, metal brackets, metal hinges, etc. I had to build it really cheap. I think I have some in-progress shots. I think I can dig up some more old photos of the project to scan but give me a little time. :)

Thanks again.

I apologize but many of my old photos from the '90s are still in boxes from my last relocation. I was only able to find these three photos. :)

Back