Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, please keep me informed as to when Sideshow will start their preorders. I get the e-newsletter but never read it. I want to make sure to grab a Captain before the well runs dry.

If they never make a General Ursus PF, I'm happy with the Hot Toys one. He's totally fantastic. More than I could ever want or hope for.

Guys, please keep me informed as to when Sideshow will start their preorders. I get the e-newsletter but never read it. I want to make sure to grab a Captain before the well runs dry.

I don't think that will be a problem with Hot Toys exclusives. The Rocky Clubber Lang Street Fighter was an exclusive that sold out pretty fast and you can still find him on ebay.

If they never make a General Ursus PF, I'm happy with the Hot Toys one. He's totally fantastic. More than I could ever want or hope for.

I think you posted a link to the site of the fellow that added hair to his Ursus didn't you Jess? I think with what he did with his added life to the SS Ursus. When he added the hair, the SS sculpt actually looks right on. But HT version looks like a 12inch of PF versions! Excellent looking!!!

That GeebORama guy is the reason why I have hope in my sculpting abilities. He said you have to at least start and you can only get better with time.

I LOVE what he did with the haired up Ursus...although I am too afraid to do that. Maybe someday. You're right about hairing the SS Ursus actually made him look better (and he also tweaked the helmet and redid the havelock). SOOOOO much better on the SS Ursus after he worked his magic on it.

That GeebORama guy is the reason why I have hope in my sculpting abilities. He said you have to at least start and you can only get better with time.

I LOVE what he did with the haired up Ursus...although I am too afraid to do that. Maybe someday. You're right about hairing the SS Ursus actually made him look better (and he also tweaked the helmet and redid the havelock). SOOOOO much better on the SS Ursus after he worked his magic on it.

Angel did an awesome job on his remake of the Ursus helmet also.

That's one of my little treasures. I'm afraid to put paint on it. It feels great and perfect when I enclose my fist around it.

After seeing the Hot Toys Ursus, I want to take the hammer to my Ursus and start all over...

Jess - Why not just get a new human head instead of detroying your Ursus? I don't know how you can do that. It takes me so long to make an ape sculpt. I would just use it as a background ape before doing that. I think you need some more 1/6 scale heads.

Jess - Why not just get a new human head instead of detroying your Ursus? I don't know how you can do that. It take me so long to make a ape sculpt, I would just use it as a background ape before doing that. I think you need some more 1/6 scale heads.

I'm with you Angel. They way you sculpt Jess you could do an excellent Ursus.

Back