Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the pose of that mutant.

I had some fun today watching this little clip of "A Tribute To John Chambers," and wanted to share it with all of you. It's a lot of fun to watch. :)

I'm not sure if it's been posted here before.

https://www.imdb.com/video/wab/vi1204945689/

Boy that is TOTALLY weird... I was just watching a version of this tribute on another web site... just now!!! I've been downloading some POTA material (trailers and promos) on a Zune Portable Media Player that I recently won in the Pepsi Stuff Sweepstakes and I ran into this video in a downloadable form. I also have this on DVD as well. I got it off Amazon.

What a strange coincidence! :horror:horror:horror

Last edited:
Boy that is TOTALLY weird... I was just watching a version of this tribute on another web site... just now!!! I've been downloading some POTA material (trailers and promos) on a Zune Portable Media Player that I recently won in the Pepsi Stuff Sweepstakes and I ran into this video in a downloadable form. I also have this on DVD as well. I got it off Amazon.

What a strange coincidence! :horror:horror:horror

Simian minds think alike.... :D

I have to share this with you guys. I think this soooo cool.

A SciFi writer won the most recent Caesar statue that I sold on eBay. His name is Robert J. Sawyer.

He’s a Canadian author who is currently in Istanbul. He’s a big Planet of the Apes fan and Caesar is his favorite of all the apes.

Check out this site if you get a moment. www.sfwriter.com

:angelsmil

Last edited:
I have to share this with you guys. I think this soooo cool.

A SciFi writer won the most recent Caesar statue that I sold on eBay. His name is Robert J. Sawyer.

He’s a Canadian author who is currently in Istanbul. He’s a big Planet of the Apes fan and Caesar is his favorite of all the apes.

Check out this site if you get a moment.

:angelsmil

You might want to delete that, I think it's his email. :)

www.sfwriter.com

Last edited:
Angel, that is very cool about the writer. I keep thinking that SFwriter stands for San Francisco writer...

I know this is not ape related, but I practiced hairing up and then painting a human. Bruce Lee Mego scale. The sculpt was origally 1:6 scale and somebody shrank it down to Mego scale. The neck was pretty scrawny so I augmented it and re-added the adams apple...as well as really adding a lot of hair to fluff him up.

brucelee009.jpg

brucelee015.jpg

Yes...I know it's got the doll dots on the eyes, but it's so freaking tiny that you wouldn't really catch any glint on the eyes if I removed the doll dot.

Last edited:
Oh...50% complete now with the other commission I am attempting. I will try to complete it by tomorrow if I can...but not really sure how much I can accomplish. I am expected to go to a comedy show with my sister and then end up at my mom's house. You know how that goes...you come by to visit for a few hours and stay all day and all night. I'm too tired to sew anymore (did a lot of handsewing)...so I guess I will just cut out the parts for tomorrow and have it ready for sewing.

I was so very excited I had to share with my buddies. Somebody at the Mego Museum is going to give me an autographed photo of Kim Hunter just because he said every time he sees Planet of the Apes he thinks of me and my work. Isn't that so super cool? I've never owned anything that spectacular in my life.

Sticks I keep forgetting to mail you out the heads that I promised. I'll try to get to them soon. Have to look for them...

Angel, that is very cool about the writer. I keep thinking that SFwriter stands for San Francisco writer...

I know this is not ape related, but I practiced hairing up and then painting a human. Bruce Lee Mego scale. The sculpt was origally 1:6 scale and somebody shrank it down to Mego scale. The neck was pretty scrawny so I augmented it and re-added the adams apple...as well as really adding a lot of hair to fluff him up.

brucelee015.jpg

Yes...I know it's got the doll dots on the eyes, but it's so freaking tiny that you wouldn't really catch any glint on the eyes if I removed the doll dot.

Wow Jess, that is very cool! :wacky

Somebody at the Mego Museum is going to give me an autographed photo of Kim Hunter just because he said every time he sees Planet of the Apes he thinks of me and my work. Isn't that so super cool? I've never owned anything that spectacular in my life.

:woo That is SUPER COOL! Congrats!
Thaks again for Scott's email. He said he had a few orders and is happy to be doing them all at once. :google
I can't wait for that Dida Display,:joy
Too bad about those star trek chairs not being able to get done. They look a lot better than the DST/Mego release and would have completed my Bridge. No worries on the heads, my crew is slowly forming. :stooge

Thank you again Jessica. They're going to fill in as my security or Engineer crewmen.

Angel, that is such wonderful work! Caesar looks great on those steps you made, and that cop looks fabulous. I love the photos.

Sticks, the chairs will still be done. There's a little snag on production but it will get done. I think I ordered some but I can't remember how many. Probably five or six. Anyway, it's not like I'm dying to have them now.

Angel, I wanted to thank you for the package. It came today but I was rushing out of the house to make it to the fabric store on my way to San Francisco. :banana

Got them today. :chew Something to watch and have in the background when I craft. I do my best crafting when I hear Roddy McDowall's voice in the background.

Made another pair of shackles yesterday for this human. I'll paint them at some point.

I love the pillar in the background. I know we always see a chain on them, but is there a shot of something ever attached to them?

Angel is your current theme Conquest? I'm really glad I got those armbands from you. The really add to Caesar.

Sticks, the chairs will still be done. There's a little snag on production but it will get done. I think I ordered some but I can't remember how many. Probably five or six. Anyway, it's not like I'm dying to have them now.

That's great news. You are very up to date on your Mego news young lady. When your order gets the green please let me know. :)

That's great news. You are very up to date on your Mego news young lady. When your order gets the green please let me know. :)

Yes, it's my other hangout when Central City is empty. It's good there too even though I am the only ape in town. At least through me Ape City lives in Mego scale. There are definitely apeheads and fans over there, but nobody as active in customizing the apes as me.

Last edited:
I was so very excited I had to share with my buddies. Somebody at the Mego Museum is going to give me an autographed photo of Kim Hunter just because he said every time he sees Planet of the Apes he thinks of me and my work. Isn't that so super cool? I've never owned anything that spectacular in my life.

That is great... Kim Hunter is a hard signature to come by since she didn't make that many personal appearances.

The only signatures I have collected over the years have been Roddy McDowall's (I got it back in 1976), Mark Lenard (around the same time) and Don Pedro Colley's (from SDCC 2006). I missed my chance to get Linda Harrison's because I found out she was in town a week too late. :banghead:banghead:banghead

I did have a chance to get Ron Harper's signature, but I really didn't have the extra $20 to spend at the time. Could kick myself now about it. He was interesting to talk to though.

I'm hoping to somehow in the near future to post pictures of me and Roddy as well as me, in my Don Post Gorilla mask, with Mark Lenard. :rolleyes:

Back