Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is great... Kim Hunter is a hard signature to come by since she didn't make that many personal appearances.

The only signatures I have collected over the years have been Roddy McDowall's (I got it back in 1976), Mark Lenard (around the same time) and Don Pedro Colley's (from SDCC 2006). I missed my chance to get Linda Harrison's because I found out she was in town a week too late. :banghead:banghead:banghead

I did have a chance to get Ron Harper's signature, but I really didn't have the extra $20 to spend at the time. Could kick myself now about it. He was interesting to talk to though.

I'm hoping to somehow in the near future to post pictures of me and Roddy as well as me, in my Don Post Gorilla mask, with Mark Lenard. :rolleyes:

PZ, I would love to see that photo of you and Roddy!! :banana:banana:banana

And wow, you have a lot of autographs in your collection, ape-related. That is wonderful.

OMG I am soooooo wide awake. I had coffee at my dad's. It was so good I couldn't help but finish it. I'm going to craft for another half hour and then see if I could try to sleep. Doubt it, though.

Angel thanks so much for my wonderful package. Those ape shoes are fantastic. I lost one of my Anakins because I let the boys play with him but he's around somewhere. And thank you for that extra saddle bag.

Ironman, I finally had a chance to photograph the underside of the Milo cast. Since my camera sucks with a flash, the only way I could photograph it was during the day. Here it is...It has the extra stuff from the air tubes I had to create on the mold, but I will dremel those off.

brucelee020.jpg

And here is a Mego head compared to the Mego-sized Ada sculpt. Her sculpt is still fairly large, but thank you for the casts. I will shrink them to Mego scale too while I am at it, so that they can eventually be put to use. What a shame they are too big for 1:9 and too small for 1:6.

brucelee025.jpg

I love the pillar in the background. I know we always see a chain on them, but is there a shot of something ever attached to them?

Sure Sticks - Here are some itty bitty pix I have showing the apes chained to the pillars.

Angel is your current theme Conquest? I'm really glad I got those armbands from you. The really add to Caesar.

I'm all over the place when it comes to the apes. I don't know that I have any real theme going, other than "apes". Did you put those armbands on your Conquest apes yet? I don't recall ever seeing any pix from you.

Last edited:
Ironman, I finally had a chance to photograph the underside of the Milo cast. Since my camera sucks with a flash, the only way I could photograph it was during the day. Here it is...It has the extra stuff from the air tubes I had to create on the mold, but I will dremel those off.

brucelee020.jpg

Jessica - Did you manage to avoid the air bubbles in your castings? Did you pour Virgil, and the female chimp also? Have you begun selling your wonderful sculpts yet?

Last edited:
Angel--yes! I avoided air bubbles. I should have photographed the cast itself. It came out pleasantly smooth and pock-mark free. I just got some mold stuff delivered today. The female chimp--I will cast her as well. I shaved her eyebrow ridges a little and she looks a lot more feminine, thanks to Dave Ballard's suggestion. I also managed to carve in some lips on her with my Gingher mini-scissors, but it did not photograph well, or I would post it. You can't see her lips on the photo I took.

You and Ironman are the only ones interested in the sculpts, but no biggie. I made them for me and if you want copies, I am more than flattered.

Last edited:
Angel--yes! I avoid air bubbles. I should have photographed the cast itself. It came out pleasantly smooth and pock-mark free. I just got some mold stuff delivered today. The female chimp--I will cast her as well. I shaved her eyebrow ridges a little and she looks a lot more feminine, thanks to Dave Ballard's suggestion. I also managed to carve in some lips on her with my Ginger mini-scissors, but it did not photograph well, or I would post it. You can't see her lips on the photo I took.

Great job! That's very cool! I'm very interested once they're ready. I'm not in any hurry so don't feel rushed. :angelsmil

Is sculpt this Michael Jackson? Are you going to turn him into a female chimp that has been reimagined?

Now that you point that out, it does kinda look like Michael Jackson. I believe it's Ada's Milla Jovonovich sculpt and the scale was way off....wayyyyyyyy off for 1:6.

I kind of hate the female Mego body. I'll see how it goes. I wanted to recreate one of the Mila outfits that I have seen posted on this forum but in Mego scale. I may have to resculpt the whole Mego body. I'll have to cross that bridge when I get there.

Last edited:
Guess what? I get to paint Superman (Christopher Reeve) Mego scale. Yay! I really want to practice getting better on painting humans, but I don't collect them...so being commissioned to paint one is great practice.

Sure Sticks - Here are some itty bitty pix I have showing the apes chained to the pillars.

I'm all over the place when it comes to the apes. I don't know that I have any real theme going, other than "apes". Did you put those armbands on your Conquest apes yet? I don't recall ever seeing any pix from you.

Excellent, thanks Angel. I kept seeing them here and there but never saw the apes actually chained. I will gladly watch this one again.

Guess what? I get to paint Superman (Christopher Reeve) Mego scale. Yay! I really want to practice getting better on painting humans, but I don't collect them...so being commissioned to paint one is great practice.

Good luck Jessica!

PZ, I would love to see that photo of you and Roddy!! :banana:banana:banana

And wow, you have a lot of autographs in your collection, ape-related. That is wonderful.

Each year at SDCC I keeping hoping there is going to be someone there from the POTA films. I really wanted to meet Buck Kartalian (Julius) since he used to hit the convention circuit a lot awhile back. But he is turning 87 this year... I don't think he'll be doing many personal appearances from here on out.

Those POTA actors are really getting up there in age. Makes me feel old too.

I went looking on the IMBD to see which of the main actors from the first film is still with us and here is the list and the ages they are turning this year:

Linda Harrison (Nova) 64
Lou Wagner (Lucius) 61
Wright King (Dr. Galen) 86
Buck Kartalian (Julius) 87
James Whitmore (President of the Assembly) 88

It is amazing to see how few of the people, both cast and crew, who were responsible for my favorite film of all time are still with us.

On a side note, I wish they gave the President of the Assembly an actual name to refer to instead of just a title. We know that the hunt leader was named Marcus even though is name was never uttered in the film. :confused:

OMG!! Linda Harrison/Lou Wagner are up there in age? Sheesh!!

There's going to be something in southern California this May...and I think one of the promoters is trying to get Lou Wagner and Buck Kartalian to be there, but I don't know how much success he has had in getting them to show up. I'll try to find a link and post it. I would love to come in full ape regalia but I don't know if my husband will let me fly down for the event.

brucelee020.jpg

Whew, that is quite a bit of drilling to open the neck, but, the way those sculpts turned out, well worth it.
Long live the apes!!!

MONSTERPALOOZA - THE ART OF MONSTERS May 29 - 31 2009

Eliot Brodsky announces Monsterpalooza.
He will be trying to bring in a few Apes people to the show.
His Monster of Ceremonies for the entire weekend is Verne Langdon.
He is working on getting John Chambers right hand man Tom Burman involved.
Lou Wagner will be in attendance as well.
Check out the site.

https://www.rubberroom101.com/monsterpalooza09/

Whew, that is quite a bit of drilling to open the neck, but, the way those sculpts turned out, well worth it.
Long live the apes!!!

I would drill it out for you but I don't know my figures...so I will leave that up to you. I'm just going to clean out the bottom and get rid of the excess air tubes with my dremel.

Back