Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to say guys that $25 is the cost of the first head. $20 would be for each head ordered at the same time. I mean, if they're going in the same envelope no point in charging you twice for shipping.

Ironman--I will post a picture of the underside of the cast. It just needs to be drilled out to accept the neck post of your figure.

I just read that the Motion Picture and TV Fund is going to close their retire home in LA... the same one that Roddy's rose garden currently resides.

VERY sad news indeed. I wonder what is going to happen to his rose garden and that magnificent statue? :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

img0930fq8.jpg

I just heard the song (from my playlist) Skylark, by Anita O'Day. It really reminded me of Zira's Escape outfit! And, I guess that's what I was listening to constantly when I was sewing that outfit for Angel.

I was hoping some of the Apes fans could help me with a decision. I'm looking forward to buying some of the new Hot Toys POTA figures, and definitely want Ursus, but I want to make a choice between the other 2 gorillas. Should I get the Gorilla Captain or Soldier?

I think both apes have something unique to offer. The Gorilla soldier is great to represent the common soldier and he comes with so many cool accessories like:

SOLDIER:
Bandolier with ammo pouches
Rifle with strap and removable magazine
Backpack
Club
Key
Man catcher

He has a cool looking Key and club and the Captain doesn't.

While the Captain represents the T.V. series, due to his vest, he comes with almost everything the soldier has but he comes with a pistol with holster and one of the Ape Flags! I'm anxious to see these bandoliers in hand.

CAPTAIN:
Rifle with removable magazine
Pistol with holster
Bandolier with ammo pouches
Backpack
Man Catcher
Flag

I'd say get both. :naughty but if you can't maybe get the soldier because he best represents the backbone of the gorilla army.

I just read that the Motion Picture and TV Fund is going to close their retire home in LA... the same one that Roddy's rose garden currently resides.

VERY sad news indeed. I wonder what is going to happen to his rose garden and that magnificent statue? :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

img0930fq8.jpg

Wow, look at that thing? Where did you get that PZ? How big is he? He loks very big, and awesome!!

Wow, look at that thing? Where did you get that PZ? How big is he? He loks very big, and awesome!!

It was offered through Apemania with a donation of $450 to the Motion Picture and TV Fund several years back. The name plate is made of bronze. The head itself is about 16" tall and was cast from a mold of the original Caesar statue. It is the closest I'll ever get to owning the real thing. :D

The Gorilla soldier is great to represent the common soldier

It is interesting that Hot Toys chose to include the glyphs on that gorilla's bandolier... a mark certainly not of a common soldier but that of the hunt leader. I wonder if he will sport the companion glyphs on the back of the bandolier like Marcus did.

I'm thinking... no. :banghead:banghead:banghead

It is interesting that Hot Toys chose to include the glyphs on that gorilla's bandolier... a mark certainly not of a common soldier but that of the hunt leader. I wonder if he will sport the companion glyphs on the back of the bandolier like Marcus did.

I'm thinking... no. :banghead:banghead:banghead

You know what, I forgot all about that. I even thought that the Captain came with a bandolier and a belt with ammo cartridges but it appears to be a play on words. They call the belt that goes around his waist a bandolier?? I always thought that a bandolier had to hang from the shoulders? :confused:

P.S.
PZ thanks a million!!! I got the DVD today and can't wait to watch it. I have a few errands to run and will surely watch it tonight. WooHoo! :banana

Holy Smokes, I just saw the revised version of Conquest of the Planet of the Apes and I have to say that the whole gorilla uprising is shocking, exciting, and down right bloody. This new version surpasses the edited down version beyond words. I strongly urge anyone that hasn't seen this version to rush out and get their dirty ape hands on a copy.

Is this version the new Blue-Ray version?

Holy Smokes, I just saw the revised version of Conquest of the Planet of the Apes and I have to say that the whole gorilla uprising is shocking, exciting, and down right bloody. This new version surpasses the edited down version beyond words. I strongly urge anyone that hasn't seen this version to rush out and get their dirty ape hands on a copy.

Is this version the new Blue-Ray version?

I believe that it is the same version. Of course, I won't know for sure since I don't own either the Blu-Ray set Blu-Ray player.

I'm glad you enjoyed it... and I agree, that it far surpasses the original version. I think it will be the version of Conquest that I will watch for now on.

I believe that it is the same version. Of course, I won't know for sure since I don't own either the Blu-Ray set Blu-Ray player.

I'm glad you enjoyed it... and I agree, that it far surpasses the original version. I think it will be the version of Conquest that I will watch for now on.

I don't own a blue ray player either but this version is just too good not to own. I agree PZ, this will be the only version that I will want to watch from here on out. When I saw the first face shot I had to rewind to make sure what I saw was really there, but when Gov. Breck did what he did! Man was he a nasty s.o.b. Also, was the opening with the helicopter a deleted scene, I don't remember that part either. When I saw it, I thought wow, Milo/Caesar would probably be going ape inside that contraption flying high in the air over the city. lol

I also liked how the new version shows the gorillas fighting through half a dozen human walls of defense instead of just one or two. Then there's the bloody body mounds. :horror:horror:horror

Thank you so much PZ.

Hey PZ, is there a movie theater in Oregon that displays Darth Vader? Apemania just finished putting together a freakingly handsomely hot Ursus larger than life-size, and he's going to be delivered there soon.

Hey PZ, is there a movie theater in Oregon that displays Darth Vader? Apemania just finished putting together a freakingly handsomely hot Ursus larger than life-size, and he's going to be delivered there soon.

I know of no theater, off hand, that has a Darth Vader on display... but that doesn't mean anything. I work for Regal Entertainment in Portalnd that only displays stuff from current movie fare (banners, standees etc) but we have lots of local theater that might do something special as a lobby display.

Do you know the name of the theater?

Jessica. Thanks again for Scott's email. He got back to me immediately. I plan on giving him a down payment friday. :)

What I have heard is the only difference is the Blu-Ray has different music when Caesar rises from the shock table. The broadcast for some reason cuts to the isolated score for a few minutes, where the Blu-ray keeps the original score. But I can't verify that, I don't have a Blu player either, and have only seen the broadcast version.

To me the most "upsetting" scene is after the first ape attack, there is a shot where the police are yukkiing it up afterwards. The final was much more vicious and intense in that version.

Sure would have been nice to see some extra footage from the rest of the films during Channel of the Apes weekend!!

Do you think there is any footage from Battle? I wonder if they have any spare footage that could save that film.

The soldier if you are posing him just with Ursus, as they go together from the film. If you are a fan of the TV series then get the Captain and then get one of the Burke heads being worked on in this thread to make a figure to go with him.

Thanks, I was leaning more towards the soldier. I'm more of a fan of the movie and remember the gorillas carrying around the clubs to bonk the humans with every chance they had. I'm going to go ahead and place an order for Ursus and the Soldier at AlterEgo. They have great prices for them.

Do you think there is any footage from Battle? I wonder if they have any spare footage that could save that film.

They did show the Battle extended cut during the Channel of the Apes weekend. It ends about 8 to 10 minutes to the running time, I think. But I think most of that footage is of the mutant that stay behind in the city and start that whole bomb worshipping thing. :rolleyes:

This cut of the film was available in that Caesar Head DVD set that came out a few years ago.

But I don't think any adding of footage could save this film. But I must admit, I watch this film more than I do Escape. And it has my second favorite orangutan in it. :D

Hey PZ, as soon as I find out from Apemania where that Ursus is going, I'll let you know. Maybe you can snap more photos of it.

Back