Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stayed up until 1 AM last night sewing this costume for Ashton. I wanted him to wear an ape costume when we watch Planet of the Apes on the big screen in Antioch tomorrow. I couldn't start the outfit until 10:30, when the last guests left.

gorilla023.jpg
gorilla014.jpg

gorilla024.jpg

The "leather" of the outfit is black fleece.

Good luck on construction--on both the fatman clothing and your livingroom. You'll have to post photos when you get a chance.

Agreed JJ, I loved new Star Trek flick. (What a wonderful surprise it was to me.) It was filled with great characters and a great back story. T4 had a really cool character by the name of Marcus Wright. He was very cool indeed. As opposed to that "Transformer" that made a cameo in T4. That seemed silly. I'll stop there and be nice. :monkey3 It was entertaining.

I happened to like the T4 story line. The T800 surprise towards the end was pretty cool also. I would still have to give the slight edge to Star Trek though. I really liked them both! Definately see them on the big screen! Forgot to mention Wolverine Origins! That movies red carpet event was actually here in Tempe Arizona (first time outside of Hollywood). They had all of the stars and it was amazing. Arizona is becoming a hotbed for movies being made here. See this one on the big screen also! :banana

Jess, where is that from? Is it available in 1:6? What other patterns and glyphs are there?

It was an experiment by someone who has access to a laser cutter at the MegoMuseum. I am keeping a close watch on this. He should be able to scale it up to 1:6. I told him I was on the lookout for the President of the Assembly hieroglyphs. I will update you as I find out more.

Put my ape on again to go see the movie on the big screen. I am feeling mighty sad that we apes are a dying breed. Really frickin' sad today. I should be happy because I get to see it on the big screen, but you know...no support at home for my fandom geekiness and it starts to wear you down. ^^^^ers.

It was an experiment by someone who has access to a laser cutter at the MegoMuseum. I am keeping a close watch on this. He should be able to scale it up to 1:6. I told him I was on the lookout for the President of the Assembly hieroglyphs. I will update you as I find out more.

Thanks!! This has so many possible applications!!

We went to the Outback Steakhouse for a very late lunch/dinner. I didn't want to mess up the makeup, so I had a strawberry shake.
Antioch034.jpg

Family portrait!
Antioch039-1.jpg

Dylan (eldest) said he wouldn't mind getting his ape on as a gorilla. I will be working on a deluxe pullover mask for him. I can't wait to start that project. It's going to look so awesome when it's done. I will also just use fleece because it sews up so well for a costume.

Antioch042.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Jess! You crack me up everytime I see those picturres of you in public! I can just imagine the peoples reaction to you!:monkey1

Hi Jess! You crack me up everytime I see those picturres of you in public! I can just imagine the peoples reaction to you!:monkey1

It's quite funny. They look at you but won't approach. :monkey4 When you stare back, they look away. It's very curious how people react, but usually it's positive. :rolleyes:

It's more fun to photograph at a public place, too, someplace out of the norm and not in a con.

I wonder where and when the next ape event will be in my area? If it's driving distance, I'm so there!!

Ashton took this photo of me. I kinda like it. I was removing the appliance. Look how perfectly it fits my face. Always a shame to have to remove it.

Antioch059-1.jpg

I was in the area, so I drove to the Caesar statue again, to make sure it was still there, and was trying to figure out how to compose a photograph of it & Angel's statue, whether to bring some sort of stand, or... maybe you have an idea... I still have to paint it, and get a camera, but I haven't forgotten...

Here's something you don't see everyday!!
Antioch021.jpg

Antioch028.jpg

My 10-year old is almost as tall as me. Someday soon I'll have to look up to talk to him.
Antioch027.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder how other Chimps would react to you at the zoo? I mean at a safe distance of course!:confused:

OMG! I was talking to Graham and I didn't realize I had two gorillas living in the household! I am definitely going to suit my two sons and make deluxe pullover hoods for them, which I will hair up myself. The two gorilla recruits will flank my side at Wondercon 2010!!! We will represent!! They're going to have a blast.

Edited to say, crazy monkey me is going to sculpt their prosthetics and hair up the pullovers meself.

Last edited:
Angel, you were wondering how many times the appliance lasts. Here are photos, to show you my battle damage Zira appliance. I think she still has a lot of wear left.

Before application:
zira032.jpg

After first application (Wondercon, February 2009)
babyshower015.jpg

After 2nd application, from Baycon, May 23:
gorilla001.jpg

After third application (May 31). She looks pretty gnarly because I used a lot of baby powder to keep the edges of the foam latex from curling onto itself and sticking. I will repaint this and she should look good as new. I notice though that she is getting horizontal wrinkles across the muzzle. Old age, you know, and definitely not from smoking :D
zira065.jpg

Exciting news if it goes through, guys. There's a possibility for future commissioned work for 1:9 or 1:6 scale costumes if I get hired. This entails working on patterns for such clothing for production. If it doesn't go through, then no biggie because I have TONS to do for Ape City...and now my boys' costumes.

And Snick, I haven't forgotten the three items I still owe you.

There are also the heads awaiting painting, and some more Mego scale heads (humans) coming to me for a repaint. Lots and lots to make myself a busy monkey.

Hi,

It's a pleasure to see there are planet of the apes fans here. I like your custom and I plan to make some too. I never did customs before and I wait to receive my hot toys apes to custom my hasbro and sideshow gorillas. I asked a month ago to hot toys a date of release for Ursus and gorilla soldiers and they told me it's for june or july. Do you have some news ?

Jess - Are you still up for doing Albina clothes (so we can trade) or should I have Denise do it? Sounds like you're going to be busy for another 6 months easily. :lol

Oh yeah - how is school going?:confused:

School is over, yay! I have to figure out what class to take again when the new semester starts. When I work in the slavemines, I can only handle one class with mom duties and all.

Yes, I'm still up for doing Albina clothes for trade!! :banana

I'm going to start banging out the customs I owe people (not much there, really), and I think I should be done with those in one month's time.

Welcome to you, W.G.!!! Once you get bit by the custom bug (especially APE-RELATED ones), there's no stopping you. Stay awhile and let's see you crank out those customs. I started two years ago, and have been having a ball ever since.

Back