Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, guys! I had fun Saturday. Too bad Baycon was so dinky. Before we drove down, we had to stop by Trader Joe's to get me some high protein drinks because I was too busy at work Friday and couldn't buy them then. So...we decided to take some quickie shots. Enjoy.

baycon2009032.jpg

baycon2009030.jpg

baycon2009027.jpg

That is so funny Jess! Did You pick up some Grape Juice Plus while you were there?:D

That is so funny Jess! Did You pick up some Grape Juice Plus while you were there?:D

:lol

I didn't...just my high protein drink to keep me satiated for the day. I should have taken photos of me at the grape juice plus section. Next time...maybe Sunday? :D

I'm going to see Planet of the Apes on the big screen in Antioch, and I HAVE to be under the goo, just like some of the apes did for the NY screening of the 1968 movie last year.

Guys, getting your ape on is so much fun. Why wait for a con to be in ape regalia? Why not just don the costume and ape out and do regular stuff like people do? It's a blast!!

There were many shocked drivers giving me a double-take on the way to the con and back. One car kept speeding up trying to drive alongside me. The front passenger gave me a little wave. I blew him a kiss, and I think he must have crapped in his pants.

Today I took the kids to McDonald's. My toddler got a toy with his happy meal, from the movie Night at the Museum 2. It's a spacechimp on some kind of vehicle. You only see the top part of the chimp, so the legs are hidden inside the vehicle. Anyway I asked Ashton if I could have it, because it reminded me of Ape-o-naut Zira.

Wish I could post a photo of it, but my camera committed suicide from a distance of four feet and fell flat on its face. I should have been pissed, but I was rather glad, since I was only waiting for the camera to die so I could get a better one. My 10 year old felt bad for dropping the camera, but I was secretly happy so I told him that was the reason why you always have to wear the wrist strap, to prevent stuff like that from happening. May as well teach him right--so he doesn't bust my new one!!

Last night, the kids were bickering amongst themselves. I quoted from Battle from the Planet of the Apes and told them, "I am the Law!!"

Can you believe my Ethan said, "No you're not. The fridge is. It's the LawGiver. That's why it says LG on it."

Sometimes my diabolical plans backfire. At least the kids listen...kinda.

Jess those pix ROCK!! You look fantastic!!
Angel, I watched LOTL on Monday. Harper took over when the Dad wanted out to pursue bigger/better roles. I think I recall seeing him playing a thug on an episode of Wonder Woman. LOL

I found the photo from Escape, where Cornelius holds Zira instead of trying to save Dr. Milo from the stooopid gorilla.

BMwPQmkKGrHgoH-CkEjlLl4BkTBJmM5G8gk.jpg

Reminds me of Kirk holding McCoy when Edith Keeler gets hers.... Maybe Cornelius had to go back in time to stop Zira from saving Dr. Milo... And thus giving us another timeline!

I'm looking forward to LOTL too. I think it was genius to make it a Will Ferrel comedy.

Just saw Terminator, and I'm reminded of the similarities between that story & Apes... A Messiah is born of a time traveler from the future, leading his people to freedom....

No I didn't know about the screenings. I think they sent an email to me and I didn't open it... Oh well...

Terminator was visually exciting, and they didn't turn it into a soap opera like Star Trek, but the ending is pretty lame....

No I didn't know about the screenings. I think they sent an email to me and I didn't open it... Oh well...

Terminator was visually exciting, and they didn't turn it into a soap opera like Star Trek, but the ending is pretty lame....

Star Trek was a much better constructed film than T4. See both and decide for yourself.

I didn't say anything about the story structure. But I'll take a weak story over tired cliches & bad melodrama anytime. Everyone has their pet peeves, Star Trek hit almost all of mine...

Last edited:
Wish me luck on Sunday, guys. I'm going under the goo again just to watch Planet of the Apes on the bigscreen. I better remember to buy the high protein shakes today or risk having to go to Trader Joe's in costume again on Sunday.

Oh...and I have to start and finish Ashton's gorilla outfit so he could also watch the movie in costume (without makeup/pullover hood I'm afraid). But at least he'll be in costume. Anyway, he's excited because I promised him he could bring his nerf rifle that we painted brown.

Ooooofffff---forgot to say that I pulled out my plastic nemesis yesterday so I could buy a digital camera. I just can't live without a camera. I got a Sony 12 megapixel cybershot. It's touch-screen based. Can't wait to pose my dollies in freakishly fantastic positions.

Definitely. I forget I have it on. While driving down to the con, I turned on the AC and I asked my sister--is it working? She reminded me I had stuff glued over my face. I totally forgot--which is why I couldn't feel the AC.

And it's really freaky to be in the sun. You don't feel the sun except on the exposed parts of your face, which is basically the skin around your eyes. When you are in the sun, it's like you're wearing one of those heated eye pads. It's a weird sensation.

Just end this day already!!! I have lots to do and I won't get home until after 8:30 tonight.

I HAVE to finish that gorilla ensemble....

Back