Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your boys will remember this time spent with you for a lifetime. What a cool mom!

I forgot to tell you guys that Ethan, my second born, refuses to have anything to do with the movie. He didn't want me making him lunch when I had the makeup/costume on, even though I promised him I wouldn't put any hair in his food. What a punk. :lol

Found me something ape-like today, at the Alameda County Clerk Recorder's Office. Check out the dated terrazo...and funky design. Something you would find in Ape City. :lol

downsized_0603090950.jpg

Did I show you guys this photo already? I must have. It's just that the subject came up recently, and I came upon the photo in my album.

a20e_1.jpg

I knew there was a reason why I didn't trust that Dr. Milo...

Cornelius didn't exactly shed a tear when the gorilla did him in.

And I'm not sure if you saw this photo, PZ...can't remember if you were around, but we were excited at uncovering it:
617.jpg

Zira... why that two timing chimp!

That is a VERY strange photo indeed. You would think that Kim would know that it wasn't Roddy. :confused:

I do know that Sal Mineo HATED being in the makeup. Maybe Kim was comforting him? :naughty

Here's something you don't see everyday!!
Antioch021.jpg

Antioch028.jpg

My 10-year old is almost as tall as me. Someday soon I'll have to look up to talk to him.
Antioch027.jpg

Thanks for sharing these photos, Jess! I can't believe it's been nearly a year since I took my family to see it on the big screen. (My son and I saw it twice:D)

OMG! I was talking to Graham and I didn't realize I had two gorillas living in the household! I am definitely going to suit my two sons and make deluxe pullover hoods for them, which I will hair up myself. The two gorilla recruits will flank my side at Wondercon 2010!!! We will represent!! They're going to have a blast.

Edited to say, crazy monkey me is going to sculpt their prosthetics and hair up the pullovers meself.

Yeah, my son is looking to inherit my gorilla costume I wore when I was twelve (inside the vest is signed by Mark "Urko" Leonard). And there is a pull over mask he has seen on eBAy he wants to buy.... :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing these photos, Jess! I can't believe it's been nearly a year since I took my family to see it on the big screen. (My son and I saw it twice:D)

It has been 10 years since I have last seen it on the big screen, during the 30th anniversary. I missed out when they showed it at the Castro last year. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4 I was so mad...but anyway, I didn't have a costume ready so maybe that's why the forces of nature worked against me seeing it then.

Thanks angelofmusic2112 and Jessica. Well, I don't know if I'll be good enough to do my customs. I plan to put new hair on my hasbro and "real hair" on my sideshow. I really don't know how I will do that and it will be certainly difficult on the sideshow. So much things to learn and I'm a bit afraid to destroy my sideshow which was rather expensive.

I'm waiting for a second hand horse produced by Dragon that I bought on ebay. I hope it will fit well with my hot toys Ursus. I'm very excited about the hot toys gorillas. I'm a bit surprised you don't talk very much about those toys. I search news about these toys and I find nothing about production of other characters and precise release date of the gorillas.

WG, I'm soooo excited to get my damned dirty paws on the Hot Toys Ursus. Actually, the back of my hands STILL have dark brown grease makeup that won't rub off, even with alcohol, from my last ape outing, so yeah, they are damned dirty looking. (I should try removing it with olive oil...it looks pretty bad.)

The only thing is the price. You just can't build an army of Hot Toys gorillas with the price. So that's why I'm making my own. Poverty promotes ingenuity!

You're right. My army of gorilla won't be a real army, only Ursus and 3 gorillas (hot toys, sideshow and hasbro).

Actually I'll be happy with only the main characters of the first movie so I'll certainly buy them if hot toys don't stop this line. Taylor is not the the kind of character I like as a toy (I prefer apes, monsters etc) but I'm very excited to see what hot toys can do with him. Charlton Heston is so charismatic.

I forgot I recently ordered Taylor! My first Planet of the Apes human. The only other human I have is the Sideshow Robert Patrick, but I'm churning him into Dr. Galen. I have tons of other humans slowly being churned into apes as well--in 1:6 scale. I don't know what type bodies...don't really care as long as they become apes I'm happy. So far 18 sculpted heads and counting.

Last edited:
I just broke the news to my boys about Wondercon. They are excited about being my gorilla soldiers for protection. I'm so happy!!!

I'm not going to work tomorrow because Ethan has the flu.

Where did all the time I had this morning go??? Oh yeah...I was surfing on the internet!!

Anyway, I'm going to make a quick lunch for me and the boys...and then I'm going to get cracking on my Bruce Lee repaint for a customer. I already have my work area cleared off and all my supplies pooled together in a box...and the fireplace is helping to warm up my work area...I am so in the mood to paint and I want to complete Bruce Lee today.

Here's my work station today. I sit on the floor cross-legged, usually.
brucelee032.jpg

After Bruce Lee, I have some outfits for Mego...and then Snick's outfits and Ironman's easy pattern to bang out. I won't get to all of them tonight but it's a start.

And then...I need some time to devote to Ape City...I can't wait to start sculpting the gorilla faces for my boys. I might try that before Ape City customs...but it's ape related!! WHOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! :banana :banana :banana

Last edited:
Here's Bruce Lee. Still working on the eyes and need to finalize the lip area...will probably put another two or three layers of paint on top of what's there now. The eyes are also different in size from each other on the sculpt, so you really have to use the paint as smoke and mirrors and force the eyes to look the same.

brucelee046.jpg

This is how he looked this morning, after I fired at the clay with a BBQ lighter. The clay was stuffed into the air bubbles on his face. I am loving the macro I am able to get with this camera. Much better than what I had before. I'll see how the camera holds up.
brucelee030.jpg

This is after the first layers of washes. You can really see the size difference in the eyes with this photo. Doesn't look like it could get anywhere, huh? I was getting scared...
brucelee037.jpg

Last edited:
Guess what guys? My flight is being rerouted. So instead of taking 24 hours to get where we need to go, it's going to take us 26 hours. (Well, better than the usual 32 hours, right?).

Working on my Dr. Zaius gloves. I finished one hand, now to find the other glove and do the same thing. Should I trim the area of my wrists so that it is not so floppy looking?

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

Much better fit!!
DSC00141.jpg

If you remember, this is how much I had to trim:
IMG_4871.jpg

Here is that McDonald's Happy Meal toy that Ashton gave me. It's from the movie Night at the Museum 2. I think she looks a lot like ape-o-naut Zira, even if just a caricature.

DSC00143.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

DSC00145.jpg

Back