Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A whole nest of them:
ASS6.jpg

Is it a photoshoped picture ? I don't see why an American actor is reading a French newspaper. But le Figaro is a conservative journal so it's a good choice for Zaïus. That makes me thinks it's photoshoped.

I thought Maurice was English? Anyway, I found it while googling for images. It may have been photoshopped since it was on a French site, and it is dated 2001.

Sorry not ape related, but I am an ape, and this is what I've been working on!!
Scotty before:
painting013.jpg

After (and I didn't put doll dots, and it's a Mego!!)
painting022.jpg
painting023.jpg

painting021.jpg

Did you freak out from the Hasslein curve this morning, WG? I couldn't log on and I started to get a cold sweat. Sad, really. :lol

There is a $50 sideshow gift card in specially marked copies of Terminator 2 skynet blu-ray (Best Buy Exclusive.) It has been on sale for $14.99 for the last few weeks, and is difficult to find now. Does anyone know if the cards are stackable? I was thinking, if they are, and you can find them, you could buy 5 copies of the blu-ray for $75 and have enough in gift cards for the PF Zaius.

There is a $50 sideshow gift card in specially marked copies of Terminator 2 skynet blu-ray (Best Buy Exclusive.) It has been on sale for $14.99 for the last few weeks, and is difficult to find now. Does anyone know if the cards are stackable? I was thinking, if they are, and you can find them, you could buy 5 copies of the blu-ray for $75 and have enough in gift cards for the PF Zaius.

Unfortunately, it has been my experience that only one gift card can be used a time... and ONLY for the specific items that are gift card eligible. These are items that are in stock... and have been for quite some time. Here is the current list:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/giftcard/

So it's no good for the doc. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

A good day for Ape stuff. My son got enough allowance saved up to preorder the POTA Cosbabies he wants. And just after I placed it, I got my notice that my Zaius PF will be processing in 18-20 days. :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Hopefully I will get him before SDCC... but it looks like it's gonna be close. I might consider changing the shipping method to speed up the process. :naughty

According to this weeks newsletter, all three Hot Toys Apes are sold out. Interesting.

That was kind of sudden. Which begs the question: how the sales of these figures really doing? Overall, are they considered a success by Hot Toys? :confused:

I had to cancel my Sideshow order of these Apes and re-ordered them through Alter Ego. The savings was too big to ignore.

Congrats, PZ on your upcoming Dr. Zaius PF. I will just have to live vicariously through you and enjoy him through whatever photos you post. I hope Sideshow cranks out Cornelius and Zira in PF.

Look what I found posted on Ebay:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270410810590&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

I actually have this figure and mine has the test shot helmet to go with it. And in NO WAY is he worth the current asking price! I paid $300 for mine back in 1998 which turned out to be too much... I could have bought him for only $100 a year or so later. Before the Sideshow Apes came to the scene, I collected prototype 12" figures of both Star Wars and POTA from Hasbro. I have seven total POTA protos. In fact, I had all of my prototypes of that first wave of POTA figures before the production versions went on sale. :naughty

here is another:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270410808132&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

This one I don't have. I would guess that it is production sample made before the final production version was created. As you can see they made several line changes to the figure. The patches down the sleeves are more screeen accurate as well as the whole color scheme of the costume. And the paint mask for the eyes is WAY different. I've seen this figure in an promo ad for the figures 6 to 8 months before they were released. Ironically, I purchased the whole first wave of the Hasbro figures on the day (I later found out) that Roddy McDowall died.

Strange... even after all of the Sideshow stuff and Hot Toys stuff, like the Megos, I still have a soft spot for these figures and would seriously be tempted to get this figure... if the price was a little more down to Earth. It represents a "missing link" in my collection. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Going to have to try to remember to take a peek at that listing later, PZ. They've set limits to my browsing abilities, and Ebay is a no-no now.

PZ, have any pix of those prototypes?
And, I was thinking about the Hot Toys versions (ok, anxiously awaiting them!) and got to wondering....has anyone ever rerooted the Hasbro ape heads more in fashion with the way HT is doing it? Or has anyone shaved them down and sculpted hair on?

Well, since you can't access the photos Jess, I'll post them for you;

Here is Cornelius:
cornyproto3.jpg

cornyproto.jpg
cornyproto2.jpg

Here's Ursus (the Ebay posting has his name as Urlla :lol):
ursusproto.jpg

ursusproto3.jpg
ursusproto2.jpg

Get this... the asking price is $2,010.... EACH!!! :horror:horror:horror

PZ, have any pix of those prototypes?
And, I was thinking about the Hot Toys versions (ok, anxiously awaiting them!) and got to wondering....has anyone ever rerooted the Hasbro ape heads more in fashion with the way HT is doing it? Or has anyone shaved them down and sculpted hair on?

Here is my set of different prototype Zaiuses (a.k.a Protozaius :rolleyes:)

protozaiusesmq2.jpg

Thanks PZ!!

Ironman, I now have 3 Hasbro apes. I think it's one gorilla and zaius...can't remember if there was a Cornelius there, but I traded with someone. I AM going to remove the hair and resculpt on top, just to see how it would look!!! I'm not going to re-root...sculpting would be faster. I was always curious how that would look. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Holy crap! I can think of better things to spend $2K on!!

The first photo of Cornelius makes me laugh. That looks like me on a bad hair day.

Back