Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been looking for the correct body to use for my Lucius sculpt and think that I have found it in this 9" Sideshow - LotR - 12" Samwise Figure! I think that the feet look alot like chimp feet even though they will have the apes shoes on, but I could also use alot of the extras that come with it. The knapsack could be used for a Burke or Virdon figure and the pots and pans can be used for my civil war figures. Very good all around!:exactly:

Last edited:
Hey Kent that sounds like a plan! I have the other elf guy-Frodo I think is the name....I will use his body this way, too!!

Oh...trying to bake some foam latex. First batch gelled too fast on me, right before my eyes. I had to adjust the mix timewise and cut down on the curing agent, but it still threatened to gel too fast. I won't be able to tell if it's a good foam appliance until after 4 hours of baking...so wish me luck.

Cool Jess! I also found better dml/Dragon 12" bodies to match the color schemes for my (Alex) "Burke" and (Ada) "Brent" sculpts! I will get pictures of them on soon.

I forgot to add that the Phoenix Comic Con is this week and it is I believe for four days. I do know that Stan Lee will be there to sign photos! I wonder if anyone will be there dressed as Apes?:horror

I'm currently awaiting confirmation from my sister. She is really motivating me to go on a Kiss Kruise this fall with her and to take along members from my family. Yes, a Kiss Kruise. The band will be playing on the ship and I'll have 2 opportunities to see them during 2 different LIVE shows, One with their Kiss makeup on and one concert without. The concert without makeup will be "unplugged"! I'll partake in a LIVE Q&A with the band and even get my photo taken with the hottest band in the world! I'm currently waiting for my sister to call me with her final confirmation. C'mon Jennifer call me! If this Kiss Kruise happens, there will be so much more to sell in the way of my custom ape collection.

As always, write me if you're interested in my customized collection of apes. Considering the money I'll need for this cruise, I may have to make a couple more Doomsday bombs and Caesar "Battle" statues. I can also see myself selling my 4 Tribunal orangutan apes & all the Tribunal furniture very soon (as a package deal) to a lucky collector. It won't come cheap for those of you who are thrifty.

I'll keep you guys posted. :hi5:

Last edited:
I'm currently awaiting confirmation from my sister. She is really motivating me to go on a Kiss Kruise this fall with her and to take along members from my family. Yes, a Kiss Kruise. The band will be playing on the ship and I'll have 2 opportunities to see them during 2 different LIVE shows, One with their Kiss makeup on and one concert without. The concert without makeup will be "unplugged"! I'll partake in a LIVE Q&A with the band and even get my photo taken with the hottest band in the world! I'm currently waiting for my sister to call me with her final confirmation. C'mon Jennifer call me! If this Kiss Kruise happens, there will be so much more to sell in the way of my custom ape collection.

As always, write me if you're interested in my customized collection of apes. Considering the money I'll need for this cruise, I may have to make a couple more Doomsday bombs and Caesar "Battle" statues. I can also see myself selling my 4 Tribunal orangutan apes & all the Tribunal furniture very soon (as a package deal) to a lucky collector. It won't come cheap for those of you who are thrifty.

I'll keep you guys posted. :hi5:

Mark, Please take my name off of your email list. Thank you.

Oh sweet jeezus! I was able to successfully bake my foam latex with the last drops of chemicals I had.

DSC07104.jpg

I didn't know that this was released....

thelexiconoftheplanetof.jpg

Did any of you guys get this yet? How is it? I have the Timeline book which was a fun read.

Well... I know what I'm asking for Father's Day. :exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

I sure would like to get your Tribunal set, Mark. You did an amazing job on it. But since it looks like I'm going to be out of a job in the next few months, I'm solidly among the "thirfty" ones. In fact, I'm looking to cancel all of my pre-orders. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

This news is per Richard Handley:

CONSPIRACY OF THE PLANET OF THE APES
Conspiracy of the Planet of the Apes
Written by Drew Gaska
Story by Christian Berntsen, Drew Gaska, Rich Handley and Erik Matthews
Illustrated by Matt Busch, Patricio Carbajal, Colo, Dave Dorman, Dan Dussault, Chandra Free, Erik Gist, Michael Golden, Lucas Graciano, Scott Hampton, David Hueso, Joe Jusko, Ken Kelly, Timothy Lantz, Leo Leibelman, Miki, Chris Moeller, Andrew Probert, Brian Rood, Sanjulian, Chris Scalf, Thomas Scioli, David Seidman, Dirk Shearer, Barron Storey and Mark Texeira
Cover by Jim Steranko
Format: Hardcover with dust jacket, prose book (black and white with color illustrations)
Trim Size: 7″ x 9″
Page Count: 176
ISBN-13: 978-1-936393-36-7
U.S. Price: $24.95

Archaia’s first venture into prose books!

After his spacecraft smashes into the dead sea of an alien planet, a man is separated from his fellow astronauts when a raiding party of intelligent apes attacks them. Captured, he finds himself a prisoner in a world turned upside down, with apes as the rulers and man in its zoos. His only hope is to communicate with a couple of chimpanzee scientists who just might be open-minded and compassionate enough to be sympathetic to his cause. But the man named John Landon will discover that intelligent minds, be they ape or man, all fear the unknown, and his destiny is not to become part of this new world, but instead to find himself under the knife of a simian brain surgeon on the PLANET OF THE APES.

Set during the classic 1968 film, CONSPIRACY OF THE PLANET OF THE APES tells the story of what happened between the scenes and centers on the astronaut Landon, Gorilla police chief Marcus, and Chimpanzee scientist Dr. Milo, and contains over 50 illustrations from various top talents in the industry, including full-color paintings by Jim Steranko, Joe Jusko, Dave Dorman, Barron Storey, Sanjulian and Mark Texiera, starship design by Andrew Probert, character portraits by Matt Busch and more!

Available summer 2011. found here: https://www.archaia.com/blog/titles/conspiracy-of-the-planet-of-the-apes

Hopefully, there will be copies at Comic Con this summer... as well as the rest of the darn trading card set. I'm still hoping to score a Dr. Cornelius.... some day. :pray: :pray: :pray:

IM--I keep looking at Ada's Franciscus, and though it may have been the best out there at the time, it's really not so hot now. If anyone can do it, it's Alex. Definitely.

Ages ago I told folks on this thread that I'd purchased some screen won Ape appliances at a convention in the UK. I also said that I couldn't find the damn things, but as I'm getting ready to move home I ended up finding them again.

So here they are in their crusty glory. The Chimp appliance was from some nameless Chimp on the TV series, but the Gorilla is supposed to have been from the Ape jailer in the first movie.

ape3.jpg

ape2.jpg

ape1c.jpg

They're as fragile as hell, although considering the length of time thats passed I'm amazed they've survived at all. :lol:

It is always great to see a piece of film history!

What are you doing to help preserve these two appliances?

Sadly not a lot, apart really from the fact they've been stored in a box well away from natural daylight.

Well... I know what I'm asking for Father's Day. :exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

I sure would like to get your Tribunal set, Mark. You did an amazing job on it. But since it looks like I'm going to be out of a job in the next few months, I'm solidly among the "thirfty" ones. In fact, I'm looking to cancel all of my pre-orders. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Thank Proto, I appreciate the kind words. But it is time for me to move onto something different and away from the apes. It'll be sad to see everything in the Tribunal go, but it is really exciting to chase my re-found love... music. I certainly hope that you find another job good buddy. Take care and God bless, Mark

I found a great Planet of the Apes auction site that contains plenty of original movie memorabilia such as the following:

(TCF, 1970) Brown canvas backpack with purple straps and circular resin cap atop the cover flap. An incredibly rare relic from the film, this being one of only two known to exist. Measures 17 in. tall x 11 ½ in. wide x 6 in. deep. Exhibits slight wear and soiling, but remains in excellent condition. Auction Location:
26901 Agoura Road, Suite 150, Calabasas Hills, California, 91301, United States

:hi5:

Planet of the Apes complete male gorilla costume with bandolier. (TCF , 1968) Medium-length leatherette tunic and long gloves over raw linen shirt and pants, with heavy leather toe-shaped boots and bandolier with two ammo pouches; internal Western Costume labels: tunic, 2954-1; shirt, 2954-2; pants, 2954-3. Auction Location:
465 N. Beverly Drive, Beverly Hills, California, 90210, United States

:panic:

I have here three of my original Mint in unopened boxes Sideshow Urko and 2 Sideshow Gorilla Soldiers that came from the original Sideshow shipping box (pictured) for sale. These are my best figures still boxed and have been in the original shipping box since received over five years ago. I am asking $170.00 for all three which includes shipping with delivery confirmation. I have plenty of references here and 100% (709) feedback from Ebay. Thanks to all interested, Kent.:peace

Back