Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, but it has been many months. He wanted to buy a cast of my djas puhr and the devil guy from Star Wars, but that never materialized. That reminds me I have to get back to that sculpt.

Your guitars are really beautiful!! I wish I could play an instrument, but I lack the discipline and time. I want instant gratification. Did you see my little gorilla trying to play "The Clown"?? He is going to take a piano test May 15 (Sunday). I hope he passes. He plays this song much better than when we first videotaped it.

We will have to try to videotape it during the day so you can see the appliance better:

YouTube - Piano of the Apes 2

What a talented little ape! Is that A S H T O N under the gorilla mask? He pulls off some really great piano licks. He doesn't seem to be taking it very serious here with all his monkeying around.

Yes, that is A s h t o n under the gorilla mask. I figured we may as well keep using that since it's ready and available. I have one of Dylan wearing the mask, (it took a lot of convincing for him to wear it and play the song) and he's playing the James Bond Theme Song on the piano...(thought that would be a funny thing to see, a gorilla playing the James Bond Theme Song)...but I haven't figured out how to turn the video 90 degrees so that it's upright when I upload it...

Yes, that's a good reference piece. Scott did an awesome job on that Cornelius, and he sculpted a perfect Roddy McDowall underneath. And he punched the hair...talk about dedication.

If you guys use FB, Scott's last name is Fensterer. I think IM posted his Roddy McDowall sculpt awhile back.

Anyone seen this yet:
POTAconspiracyart03.jpg

Another image from the long delayed Cospiracy novel.

I know this is off topic, but Alejandro sure knows how to sculpt! Just check out these Abbott and Costello sculpts!:thud:

If you guys want to band together and hire Alex to sculpt another ape related character, you should do that...before he gets way too busy with other commitments. He is very very talented. I saw Abott and Costello on his Facebook page. His work is awesome as always.

Still uncomitted to whether I want to be in ape gear again for Baycon. It's such a small convention...

What I strive for in a great custom item is a virtual 1/6th copy of the real thing! For example, real leather boots in 1/6th scale that I wish that I could put a split toe on to make it to the specifications of the movie gorilla. I have pictured the movie/tv version boots without side buckles. I noticed that the TV version gorillas did not have the side buckles. :dunno:confused:

I seem to have blundered into a new industry for myself;custom Sideshow gorilla faces. Hey, it's money(and kinda fun).I also noticed a couple of interesting things over the last day or 2. Sideshow Apes are running between $40 and $70 on Ebay, with a few highly optimistic exceptions, while the minimum for HT Apes is $175. Also,curiously, the only HT Ape I could find still available on retail is the supposedly "limited" Captain. As Artie Johnson would say,"Very Interesting"...PS

Kent I was thinking about those gorilla boots.

Paul--that is so kewl that you are making the custom Sideshow gorilla faces. I love your work on them.

Back