Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Hot Toys plan on taking on the new film? The apes in the film, as far as I can see, simply look like apes. If they were to make figures I guess they would be mostly human. Maybe they would add an ape as an accessory or as part of an EX version.

I seem to have blundered into a new industry for myself;custom Sideshow gorilla faces. Hey, it's money(and kinda fun).I also noticed a couple of interesting things over the last day or 2. Sideshow Apes are running between $40 and $70 on Ebay, with a few highly optimistic exceptions, while the minimum for HT Apes is $175. Also,curiously, the only HT Ape I could find still available on retail is the supposedly "limited" Captain. As Artie Johnson would say,"Very Interesting"...PS

:wave :wink1:

Just for fun I decided to make something that does not exist in Mego scale:

DSC07071-2.jpg

I've already got another one in the pipeline. If the client is agreeable I'm thinking of trying to model this next one on Aldo, as opposed to simply changing the existing facial structure. Got to keep it fun...PS

Kent--re: gorilla boots 1:6 scale--you could probably work them as you would in 1:1 scale, with leather. After that one last dress for the daycare production, I'm really going to work on Doug's Mathilda boots. I'm sure he's lost patience. I'm just one busy monkey. If it's not one thing it's another.

I am excited. I have a vision for making a torch, the ones that use batteries, so a gorilla soldier could explore a cave. I'm not so great with electronics, but my husband said he'd help me figure out how to get one done. I also wanted to install a micro light in a Mego scale helmet--just to say I did it. I got plans brimming in my head!

The leather came for my Ursus helmet. OMG...how luxurious. It's making me nervous to see and touch leather that feels so gorgeous. I just don't want to make a mistake. It's so soft and the grain is really beautiful. I hope to do justice to the Ursus helmet. If it's ready for the new apes movie--who knows? I may show up as a gorilla with the Ursus helmet...a tiny gorilla, but a gorilla nonetheless!

I kome to the Mighty Ape Army to maintain the balance we have kome to know between our respective kamps.

The Mighty Ape Lord Iron Man has taken words spoken by me in the wrong tone.

Our armies hold peace in high regards and it shall stay as such.

~The King Of Darkness~

c. 12092006

:wave

It has been too long a time since. I am glad that warriors can be friends as well.
Stop by our camp more often, the fire is always warm.

Yay! My gram scale replacement is enroute. Anyday now, if the weather is cooperative, I will be cooking foam latex again. I can't believe it's got a 10 year warranty. That's the best $23 I ever spent.

Oh wow. That gives me a deadline for my General Ursus hat!!!! I just hope the film doesn't suck.

medium_barbershopmonkey.jpg

Last edited:
OMG GUYS! Baycon (a small convention) is just around the corner. Should I bother and attend in full ape gear?

Let's make it happen for you, IM! I know that Matt sells gorilla latex masks, but those are really uncomfortable to be in. Same with Apemania latex masks (plus they are over-sized)...and except for the breathing/eye holes, your whole head will be encased in rubber (think hot and sweaty).

For someone like you I suggest a foam latex mask on an expandable 4-way stretch hood. All you have to do is black out the skin around your eyes with rubber mask grease paint and kill the shine with mattifying powder, pull on the hood and fix the hair. Makeup will probably take 10 minutes or less. You would not need the standard gorilla issue for clothing, because you would look so spectacular nobody would notice.

Did I tell you guys that I am going to dress up as a Romulan commander at the Marin County Fair sometime July 4th weekend? I will be meeting up with my Klingon friends and just "hang out". I'm such a geek...

Last edited:
Well my ape collection has become even smaller today. Today, I shipped off my last 3 custom horses which were purchased a couple weeks ago, and my ape wagon has also gone to an avid apes collector.

There is now talk of a family cruise in my near future. If that actually happens, I'll be selling off my many more of my favorite pieces.

Thanks to all of those have participated in my custom sales. I really appreciate those of you who have written me. :hi5:

Oh Angel that's absolutely fabulous!! Congratulations--your apes are really going out to collectors who will appreciate them. Still waiting for your Escape Zira to go on the auction block.

Escape Zira is not going to be going on the auction block Jess. Shes a keeper and a favorite of mine. She's one of my top 3 pieces. Those who don't have her missed out on a real gem from you. She's super high quality! Thanks 2 you. :1-1:

This news is per Richard Handley:

CONSPIRACY OF THE PLANET OF THE APES
Conspiracy of the Planet of the Apes
Written by Drew Gaska
Story by Christian Berntsen, Drew Gaska, Rich Handley and Erik Matthews
Illustrated by Matt Busch, Patricio Carbajal, Colo, Dave Dorman, Dan Dussault, Chandra Free, Erik Gist, Michael Golden, Lucas Graciano, Scott Hampton, David Hueso, Joe Jusko, Ken Kelly, Timothy Lantz, Leo Leibelman, Miki, Chris Moeller, Andrew Probert, Brian Rood, Sanjulian, Chris Scalf, Thomas Scioli, David Seidman, Dirk Shearer, Barron Storey and Mark Texeira
Cover by Jim Steranko
Format: Hardcover with dust jacket, prose book (black and white with color illustrations)
Trim Size: 7″ x 9″
Page Count: 176
ISBN-13: 978-1-936393-36-7
U.S. Price: $24.95

Archaia’s first venture into prose books!

After his spacecraft smashes into the dead sea of an alien planet, a man is separated from his fellow astronauts when a raiding party of intelligent apes attacks them. Captured, he finds himself a prisoner in a world turned upside down, with apes as the rulers and man in its zoos. His only hope is to communicate with a couple of chimpanzee scientists who just might be open-minded and compassionate enough to be sympathetic to his cause. But the man named John Landon will discover that intelligent minds, be they ape or man, all fear the unknown, and his destiny is not to become part of this new world, but instead to find himself under the knife of a simian brain surgeon on the PLANET OF THE APES.

Set during the classic 1968 film, CONSPIRACY OF THE PLANET OF THE APES tells the story of what happened between the scenes and centers on the astronaut Landon, Gorilla police chief Marcus, and Chimpanzee scientist Dr. Milo, and contains over 50 illustrations from various top talents in the industry, including full-color paintings by Jim Steranko, Joe Jusko, Dave Dorman, Barron Storey, Sanjulian and Mark Texiera, starship design by Andrew Probert, character portraits by Matt Busch and more!

Available summer 2011. found here: https://www.archaia.com/blog/titles/conspiracy-of-the-planet-of-the-apes

Back