Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to start building the best possible 1/6 scale screen representation of Dr. Zaius..Any tips guys? I come to the veterans for advice!

I think a repaint would be good...but I have never seen him repainted. It might make him less cartoony. I'm going to sculpt him one of these days and hopefully he will look as good as the Sideshow one. Someone was sculpting him in 1:6 scale and he looked pretty good from what we saw, even when it was still not done. Hopefully we will see an update soon.

I'm new and I just wanted to say Hello. There are so many talented
people here. I have always been a fan of POTA. It's good to see
so much passion for the hobby.

Welcome to Central City, Apefreak. Good to have you around. Do you play with your figures like I play with mine?

That's a cool Caesar bust. I wonder how much it sells for? Artist
Jason Shanaman also has a Caesar bust that he sculpted.

IM--would this be in your neck of the woods?

Are there any apes interested in this? GoApeBilly is selling the t-shirt...never worn...$75 (Size large)

KGrHqNHJDEE8fKqcVwBPIJeVrQ60_12.jpg

That's a cool Caesar bust. I wonder how much it sells for? Artist
Jason Shanaman also has a Caesar bust that he sculpted.

IM--would this be in your neck of the woods?

if i remember correctly he is from jersey just cant remember where. it cant be more than a couple hours . im in orange county NY and its about 2 1/2 hrs from me.

Are there any apes interested in this? GoApeBilly is selling the t-shirt...never worn...$75 (Size large)

KGrHqNHJDEE8fKqcVwBPIJeVrQ60_12.jpg
thats a pretty cool shirt . i would grab it but im a little more robust.

Jess, its in my state but not my neck of the woods. About 2 - 2 1/2 hours from me as I'm at the other end of the state.

And, like Hydrobud, I like that shirt a lot but fear I may be a tad to robust for the size.

Thank you for the welcome Jess and yes I do play with my apes.
I hope to learn more from you guys here and make my collection
one of the best out there. Hope I can get some pics up soon.

hey jess

there is a good chance ill be hitting jerseyfest. if there is something you have your eye on lmk and ill be happy to help you out.

Just an FYI that I never put together before. I did not realize that "David Naughton" who starred in "American Werewolf in London" is the brother of James Naughton who starred in the TV Planet of the Apes series. :slap

I would like to say hello to everyone on this forum! How is everyone doing? IM, Sticks, Jungle Jom, Jess, Matt, Chris, Mark, ..........:wave?

Just an FYI that I never put together before. I did not realize that "David Naughton" who starred in "American Werewolf in London" is the brother of James Naughton who starred in the TV Planet of the Apes series. :slap

Cool Kfog! I never put that together myself.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvCTaccEkMI[/ame]

I guess that makes James Naughton a "Pepper" too.

I'm doing well, I hope your health problems are being resolved.

Funny we haven't heard from Sticks in a real long time, I know he had some health problems as well. If you're reading this, Sticks, I wish you well.

Last edited:
Hi Jungle! I am glad that you are doing fine! You are right, I also wonder what Adam is up to! Where are you Stickman?:exactly:

OK...I know this is not 1:6 related...but it pertains to 1:1 scale costuming. Hot off the Apevine....Apemania can make black teeth for you...so you don't have to paint your teeth all day long. I'm so excited about this, even though I just ordered a new bottle of tooth black....because this will make costuming easier. I just have to figure out how to get my dental impressions down there because they are so far away...I'm just...SO EXCITED!! I'm just letting you guys know in case you are going to get your ape on.

OMG--this has a very sad ending for Flo...it looks like her by the notch of her ears. I read about this years ago in a National Geographic Magazine. Anyway, I will be there opening week so I can help Disney fund their donation.

Back