Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Happy Happy Joy Joy!!

Shelf cleaning at Apemania. I am so stoked! It will help me with my costuming....and if anybody wants to come out and hang with me in costume in Ape City I want to be able to have the outfits/masks ready for your visit. Anytime. Just give me a heads up and we shall take the town. Only chimps at this point though...but at least I won't be the only ape in town.

Anyone happen to see a set of auctions on ebay for the unis to the gorilla, Cornelius, Zaius and Caesar? I thought I "watch listed" them but can't find them there or on the bay.
Anyone?

Are there any gorillas interested in acquiring one of these? They are $99 each, and per the seller:

These were modeled off a screen used (70 Beneath) background rifle. The original stunt/background rifles were made of wood and featured adjustable rifle straps. They were produced in a quick and dirty fashion with large, clunky fake bolts that were carved from wood. These replicas have been produced in the same manor but we had the luxury of casting the faux bolts from resin.

NOTE: The bolt was cast from a carved wooden master so it retains the groovy 70's wood grain finish present on the originals.

The stunt rifles seen in the film had a utilitarian, simian charm all their own and these certainly mirror them in all their monkey lovin' goodness.

Come get'em at a price you can't resist.

user206_pic11125_1328144396.jpg

A prop maker is selling these on the Replica Prop Forum.

Here's my replica...Ursus Helmet. I decided to remove the appliance I made and use the Apemania gorilla for sizing. Helmet looks smallish so I need to build up. Sigh. So much work to do...so little time.

DSC08132.jpg

DSC08133.jpg

DSC08134.jpg

DSC08135.jpg

Last edited:
Per the seller on the Replica Prop Forum, only 2 of those rifles are left...

I found these in my things...they were removed from something so I guess they are of no use but I will save them for future bandoliers!!
DSC08136.jpg

Looks really awful right now but I need to get the size correct.
DSC08137.jpg

DSC08138.jpg

Ah, it's good to be back selling on ebay again. I have been buying and selling collectible items on ebay since march, 1999 and have a 100% positive feedback of 715. I am selling off many of my apes items because I have been having serious complications with my diabetes and need money to get medical help. If interested, please PM me. Thanks, Kent.

Hey guys..Fairly new here. I have to say you all do wonderful ork customizing!

Has an 1/6 scale Zaius customs been done? Forgive my newbie question, I haven't been around long enough to know the answer.

Is Sideshow's version really the best option?

Welcome to Central City, Genorules!!

The only Zaius custom I have seen done was by AngelofMusic2112. He did facial surgery and augmented teeth to him. I will have to try to find a photo of mine....

DSC08170.jpg

Ah, it's good to be back selling on ebay again. I have been buying and selling collectible items on ebay since march, 1999 and have a 100% positive feedback of 715. I am selling off many of my apes items because I have been having serious complications with my diabetes and need money to get medical help. If interested, please PM me. Thanks, Kent.

My heart goes out to you Kfog. Be positive and keep strong.

I'd like to start building the best possible 1/6 scale screen representation of Dr. Zaius..Any tips guys? I come to the veterans for advice!

I'm new and I just wanted to say Hello. There are so many talented
people here. I have always been a fan of POTA. It's good to see
so much passion for the hobby.

Back