Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an FYI that I never put together before. I did not realize that "David Naughton" who starred in "American Werewolf in London" is the brother of James Naughton who starred in the TV Planet of the Apes series. :slap

I would like to say hello to everyone on this forum! How is everyone doing? IM, Sticks, Jungle Jom, Jess, Matt, Chris, Mark, ..........:wave?

Hey all!!

Yes, David is James little brother. He was also a Dr. Pepper spokesman AND was in ABC's Makin' It! which gave him a hit single at the time.
Hmmm, wonder if he'd be interested in becoming Burke in an updated version of the TV series.....?

Hang tight buddy. This is going to be one rough corner!!

DSC08236.jpg

hey guys, i posted i pic of my wip dr zaius a while back and i was thinking of putting real hair on it, is there a type of hair that you guys think is better than others?
thanks.

p.s. ill post some
new pics of my
sculpt later:)

Last edited:
Orangutan hair? :monkey3

Seriously, I don't know what a good match might be. Jess, you work with "hairing" things up, what do you think?
Will casts be available?

Ok, here are some pics from after i baked the head.
the reason he's just a face and has no eyes was cause i was thinking of giving him glass eyes or moving eyes or something.

6796145952_e4e7e55513_z.jpg

6796145992_f1d771fd96_z.jpg

6796145976_552f5a0985_z.jpg

6796145942_c2a71b498d_z.jpg

i also started sculpting the lawgiver statue but i dont have any pics right now. maybe ill take some later

Would love to see that Dr. Zaius haired up!! My piano teacher's dog has the most beautiful fur. I really want to snip some when she is not looking...it's blonde...and long...and it would just work perfectly....

You have to be careful about the hair you choose because it's got to look in scale. When you see Lalla and other haired up customs they seem to use rabbit hair with good results.

I found some fake fur that is blonde that has the same texture as the HT gorillas. I haven't had the time to experiment and see how it would look on the orangutans.

My wife used Lhasa-apso fur to hair up a custom of David Bowie as the Goblin King from Labyrinth. Worked pretty well.Of course,guess who had to sculpt the bloody thing(and of course she wants it revised-oh joy)...PS

I have posted on ebay two of my Hot Toys Gorillas and noticed that there is a close up picture of zira on the back of the Gorilla Soldier box. I cannot tell if it is a picture from the movie or maybe a prototype that they are planning!

I will have to look closer at my box, Kfog. I'm pretty sure that was the Sideshow Zira...

I have to costume 20 kids for the daycare production based on Michael Jackson's "Remember the Time" video. Here's A___on's hat. Took me 2 days to bang it out. Anyway, that's where my time will be in case anybody is looking for me. See you in a few weeks.
DSC08302.jpg

DSC08303.jpg

Ok, here are some pics from after i baked the head.
the reason he's just a face and has no eyes was cause i was thinking of giving him glass eyes or moving eyes or something.

6796145952_e4e7e55513_z.jpg

6796145992_f1d771fd96_z.jpg

6796145976_552f5a0985_z.jpg

6796145942_c2a71b498d_z.jpg

i also started sculpting the lawgiver statue but i dont have any pics right now. maybe ill take some later

That Dr. Zaius looks amazing! :clap :clap :clap

I would love to see your take on the Lawgiver statue. Though I like the Sideshow version, I always thought that it could be improved upon. :exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

IM, I think she'd sooner part with a limb(or me)before she'd give up one of her Bowie figures.I might have a spare casting kicking around, if you're interested.Otherwise you'll have to wait 'til I re-sculpt, as my mold disintegrated(incompatible rubbers)...PS

IM, I think she'd sooner part with a limb(or me)before she'd give up one of her Bowie figures.I might have a spare casting kicking around, if you're interested.Otherwise you'll have to wait 'til I re-sculpt, as my mold disintegrated(incompatible rubbers)...PS

Cool, LMK either way!!!

Back