Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased a metal disk for my figures at the last Wondercon I attended--to help them stand...I need to drill their shoes and insert neodymium magnets...but I keep forgetting to do this. That would certainly have helped them stand better.

Did I ever show you guys comparison shots of my upgraded Zira and the original Sideshow Zira? I have to touch up Zira's hair--paint got nicked from all the falling the head does when I pose her.

DSC08116.jpg

DSC08117.jpg

DSC08118.jpg

Last edited:
I just got around to watching "Rise of the Planet of the Apes " and enjoyed it immensely . I'm an "Apes " fan from back the early 70's and was surprised to see how the movie tied in to the continuity so well , rather than being the "re-boot" that I was expecting . O.k , some of the characters were done in rather broad strokes ( some may as well have had "I'm a bad guy" tattooed onto their foreheads ), but after all , it's a genre movie , not a Sundance festival winner ! And yes , some of the dialogue from the original movie was rather clumsily referenced , but the good points made up for this in my view . Caesars first word(s) and his horse charge on the bridge were genuine " punch the air " bits ( and how often do they occur nowadays ?) Anyhoo , watching the film got me reaching for the "Apes " boxset and also the parts for a long gestating project of mine , a "Conquest " gorilla . Does anyone have any decent reference pics ? Freeze framing the movie is one thing , but I need something more permanent ( and less likely to drive my wife crazy! :lol )

P.s , I'm sorry if this has been covered before in this thread , but seeing as it's nearly 2000 pages long , I'm sure I can be forgiven !:rotfl

If you have a digital camera, just freeze frame, adjust your camera frame and click away. this is a "stone knives and bear-skins" approach, but it works.I've used it to obtain reference on obscure details for a number of projects(like the mole on Carrie Fisher's back)...PS

If you have a digital camera, just freeze frame, adjust your camera frame and click away. this is a "stone knives and bear-skins" approach, but it works.I've used it to obtain reference on obscure details for a number of projects(like the mole on Carrie Fisher's back)...PS

That was my original plan wm , but my camera's not playing ball at the moment ! The above shots will come in handy , but what I really need is an answer to the footwear issue ! The gorillas appear to be bare footed in the movie , but some shots show them wearing shoes/boots ! :dunno

I would be all over that if circumstances were not what they are!! General Ursus looks quite delectable.

Funny about forum life! My title was changed from "Money talk$. BS walks." on the Megomuseum by the mods to: Favor fortunes the bold. I kind of like the new title better, more classy less in your face...I was going to change it to something else and that's when I noticed.

Last edited:
That was my original plan wm , but my camera's not playing ball at the moment ! The above shots will come in handy , but what I really need is an answer to the footwear issue ! The gorillas appear to be bare footed in the movie , but some shots show them wearing shoes/boots ! :dunno

Thundergod, check my info on post #18691 and #18692 on page 468 I believe. I put some really good info on the Conquest Apes Uniforms.

Anyhoo , watching the film got me reaching for the "Apes " boxset and also the parts for a long gestating project of mine , a "Conquest " gorilla . Does anyone have any decent reference pics ? Freeze framing the movie is one thing , but I need something more permanent ( and less likely to drive my wife crazy! :lol )

<https://apemania.com/DISPLAYS/MANNEQUINS/CONQUEST.htm>

Dave B

Thanks for posting these posters... they look GREAT!

And THATS the way the Go Ape should have looked... with General Ursus commanding us to "GO APE" rather than some guy wearing a background gorilla pullover mask. :pfft: :pfft: :pfft:

sure, the updated poster looks great... but it only is what it is because of the original's inspiration.

Back