Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally had a chance to set up a photo shoot.

389726_322310084508890_100001897042048_817802_1067783853_n.jpg

574844_322310187842213_100001897042048_817804_1256316546_n.jpg

I hope to be able to take more photos soon.

Nice shots!!

I miss working on apes...life has been uber busy for me. I've got a major deadline for the 20 costumes I am making that's coming up the pike...

Thanks for posting who sculpted the Hot Toys Ursus. It was somewhere in this thread but for the life of me I couldn't remember who it was...so the search function wasn't going to help.

Dr_Zaius--if you have ordered that sculpt from Alex, you should double-check with him and let him know you have not received it yet. Actually I promised Alex Lopez I would buy a Virdon sculpt from him but I haven't any spare chimpchange....

Ironman--I hope you are feeling better. Take good care of yourself...

Hey Kfog-sorry you have to let some of your collection go. Hope you get the money you are asking for.

Jungle--I was just thinking about your photo you just posted today...because I passed by a road that has a view of a good backdrop for a future photo shoot...and from what I saw while I was driving, there would be no man-made distractions like telephone poles and wiring in the way....and it the area shows a bit of the chaparral region I live in. Actually every time I pass by that route I think someday I should make a photo shoot here before they build up the place.

Oh...and I don't know if I mentioned this before, but Apemania can make your teeth black without having to use the black tooth enamel if you send them a cast of your teeth-for costume purposes. This way you won't have to touch up your makeup if you are going to be in it for more than 10 hours. Again, this is on my to-do list...when I get some chimpchange.

Oh hey! Guess what? Remember that movie, Coraline? Someone owns a whole tub of the heads from that movie, and they're going to send me about 10 of them to further my practice of ape sculpts. It's larger than 1:6 scale and I thought it would be cool to be able to sculpt some busts of my favorite characters. I will use the coraline heads for armatures....which reminds me I still have all of those heads from you IM...just don't have the time. Yet.

Last edited:
Oh my lord will you look at that lot! :D

God looking at that makes me wish I'd got one of those HT apes when they were a lot cheaper then they are now. :(

Thanks. :hi5:

The Hot Toys Gorillas have skyrocketed in price. I remember seeing them on sale for $112 but not anymore. :monkey2

I really like all my apes I have been able to buy from skilled customizers over the years.

I used a color remover and then dyed all my Sideshow gorilla uniforms to make them look more... well... uniform with the Hot Toys gorillas.

I bought many of them from angelofmusic2112 and a few here and there (wax murderer, etc). I mixed and matched parts alot. I replaced all the Sideshow bodies so they could stand better.

I really hate my painting work, but angelofmusic2112 and wax murderer did really good.

Cool. you commented about the eye patch. I've been planning to make one for a chimp also, i.e., like Prefect Veska from the POTA TV series.

Wow those are really cool pics. About how many gorillas do you have total including some not pictured? Im having a friend of mine
casting me some backpacks so all my gorillas can be ready for war
when the horn sounds. I all most have a 100 gorillas.Im to try to makea scene from beneath. I need some cannons and more horses.
Hope to post some pics soon.

Thats probably because of likeness rights. While Mondo was able to get studio approval, they may have not been able to get it from Heston's estate. I agree, it's a bummer. These prints are great otherwise. I lucked out and scored an original Battle print for $20 on ebay.

Possible, but also possible that they ignored Heston because of lefty politics. I have a lot of Heston posters in my studio, and my "tolerant" friends always make a comment.

Whatever, Mondo blew it on POTA.

You should not hate your paint application, TDP. To me you do real well.

:1-1:

Ditto.

They look amazing!

And that's an incredible army of gorillas. :drool

:1-1:

Wow those are really cool pics. About how many gorillas do you have total including some not pictured? Im having a friend of mine
casting me some backpacks so all my gorillas can be ready for war
when the horn sounds. I all most have a 100 gorillas.Im to try to makea scene from beneath. I need some cannons and more horses.
Hope to post some pics soon.

I haven't counted. ... You have about 100 gorillas. :hi5: That is awesome.

here are some of my inspirational images:

I have an important question for my friends here about selling on ebay. I sold a mint in box Hot Toys Gorilla soldier on ebay back in late march and as always put a delivery confirmation on the sent package. The package showed delivered through the USPS Tracking on April 3rd. The buyer said that he never received the package and that only he and his wife live at home and then put in a complaint to ebay without any luck. just yesterday (one month later) I received a charge back through my paypal account and it showed the negative deduction. Paypal said that they reinbursed the buyers account to his credit card, but would fight this for me. A supervisor told me that according to their seller protection, sellers are supposed to use a delivery confirmation with signature for any item sold for over 250.00, but still have a case since I did take out a delivery confirmation and that it shows delivered to the buyers address. I have sold on ebay since march of 1999 and have never heard of this. Is this a stipulation for having to have a signature since a package could be placed on the doorstep and may be stolen. The buyer had full access to the tracking number and now he blames me for him not receiving it. I was told by an ebay rep to not worry, but a paypal rep said that I may have a 60 to 70% chance of winning. I donot understand how this could happen anyway! Any comments would be much appreciated here, Thanks!

Terrible story... kfog... Sorry to hear...

Sorry I can't help, I've never been involved with E-bay...

Good luck!

I have an important question for my friends here about selling on ebay. I sold a mint in box Hot Toys Gorilla soldier on ebay back in late march and as always put a delivery confirmation on the sent package. The package showed delivered through the USPS Tracking on April 3rd. The buyer said that he never received the package and that only he and his wife live at home and then put in a complaint to ebay without any luck. just yesterday (one month later) I received a charge back through my paypal account and it showed the negative deduction. Paypal said that they reinbursed the buyers account to his credit card, but would fight this for me. A supervisor told me that according to their seller protection, sellers are supposed to use a delivery confirmation with signature for any item sold for over 250.00, but still have a case since I did take out a delivery confirmation and that it shows delivered to the buyers address. I have sold on ebay since march of 1999 and have never heard of this. Is this a stipulation for having to have a signature since a package could be placed on the doorstep and may be stolen. The buyer had full access to the tracking number and now he blames me for him not receiving it. I was told by an ebay rep to not worry, but a paypal rep said that I may have a 60 to 70% chance of winning. I do not understand how this could happen anyway! Any comments would be much appreciated here, Thanks!

Unfortunately with delivery conformation only all the buyer has to do is say it didn't receive the item and they will credit him. Though just because they credited him doesn't necessarily mean that they won't also return your funds. My advice is to keep up good communication, be nice when talking with Paypal and don't take no for an answer if that is what they tell you. It might even be a good idea to call Paypal and plead your case before they make a decision.

Hi Toyadventurer! This person could also be lying and have my merchandise. I think that this defeats the whole purpose of delivery "confirmation". I will stay vigilant and not let this person scam me. I appreciate the feedback! Thanks, Kent.

Back