Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now for the Custom Gorilla Lieutenant!

B-E-A-uuutiful! I'm lucky to have a good job to support my ape fund!

Thanks for the suggestions Ironman. There's a collectors store down the block that has a Mego Cornelius that's always sitting on the shelf. I'll pick him up and start operating tonight. Wish me luck!

B-E-A-uuutiful! I'm lucky to have a good job to support my ape fund!

Thanks for the suggestions Ironman. There's a collectors store down the block that has a Mego Cornelius that's always sitting on the shelf. I'll pick him up and start operating tonight. Wish me luck!

They sure are filthy and mean looking gorillas!:monkey1

So I stopped by the local collectors store and he wasn't carrying any Mego apes, but he did have a Star Trek figure that I thought would work. I put him under the knife today and, while I'm by no means in any of you guys league, I was pretty pleased with it. Now I just need the right clothes. Maybe I could snatch some Mego Cornelius clothes on eBay, or something.

843366b9.jpg

281678af.jpg

08270798.jpg

Yes IM you said that years ago but you already had the Urko made...

I'm currently painting a few things in Mego scale for someone. Want to finish these soon.

Michael--that Mego scale body works perfectly!

Jess, I was only kidding. Never enough ape sculpts, especially gorillas!!

Kostka, the body seems about the right size but have him be careful with that phaser, he's holding it backwards!! LOL

Great pix, Jess! You always seem to find pictures I've yet to see.

It's interesting to note that due to his helmet, he was only made up on the front half of his face.

Makes sense, of course... but I didn't really think about it until I saw the pic. :slap :slap :slap

I'm working on my Star Trek young chimps eyes and I'm really happy with how they're coming out. Using off-white, black and skin colored acrylic paints. My goal is to make him look as much like a POTA ape as possible, but not necessarily "movie accurate". I'll post pics later once I have the right clothes. They should arrive at my door this week. I painted up his boots, furry handbacks, eyes and teeth.

I took the remaining fabric that his head was originally wrapped in, and I took a little chimp figurine that I had laying around and I dissec...ahem...examined HIM under the knife, too! I chopped off his head, hands and feet. I cut up the fabric and glued his body parts into it to make a 1/6 newborn chimp (Milo?). I glued his head to the remainder of the neck stump from the other head just for a little support, but left him otherwise body free so that he'd be fully posable. What do you guys think? It was a last minute idea I had with left over stuff...

a187bac9.jpg

5ea14649.jpg

40ee8778.jpg

3afe5d48.jpg

Sideshow Zira is on her way in the mail, too. Good times.

Last edited:
PZ I could not remember, but did you get to go to Comicon this year? Or was it the first time in a long time you decided not to go?

Did anyone see Jeff dressed up as Julius over there?

Guess what? My friend Brandon went to Comicon and he surprised me with these ape things. I'm so excited!! I am now the proud owner of Chimpin Aint Easy...every time I go to a convention, by the time I make it to the booths they always run out of my size...

Isn't this image of Dr. Zaius just spectacular???
DSC09067.jpg

DSC09068.jpg

The monkey's name is Dr. Zaius...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJXGIpy2nJ4[/ame]

Great "Mr. Limpet "reference.

Yes, Jess, this was the first year since 2004 that I didn't go to SDCC. I sure felt the big withdrawal as I read the reports from the Con. I would have LOVED to see the Firefly panel. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

That is a GREAT Zaius print! I always loved that shot of Mr. Evans.

In ape-related news, I finally saw the Paul Williams documentary today. Loved it. It was great to see a few quick Battle scenes on the big screen as well as Paul's "ape"earence on the Johnny Carson Show. Unfortunatley, they didn't play the segment of him singing in full makeup, just a clip of him on Johnny's couch making that banana daiquiri joke.

Would love to see him live in concert one day. :pray: :pray: :pray:

Back