SDCC Exclusive 12" Aayla Secura

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate to sound dumb, but is the "water treatment method". I like this figure but it is the first time I feel a little cheated by sideshow.:(

It is actually soaking the figure in water so that the cloths are shapeable, then setting them up the way you want, and letting them dry in that position.

There is at least one tutorial in the customizing section.

Thanks for the explanation. I returned mine since she could not even stand on her own her joints were so loose!! I did like the figure though, I should have the replacement by next week.:duh

I did a little experiment - I took the sideshow Aayla and did a body swap onto a Triad Otaku. It does alot to address the weaknesses of the Buck - in that the head no longer looks bobbleheaded, the chest is better proportioned, the stomach area is perfect, the arm articulation is muted and the legs are more realistic in the tight clothing. The Otaku is able to be painted so that shouldn't be the issue it might be with other body types. Assuming I can match the colour.

the downsides ? The pants are EXTREMELY tight and this somewhat limits movement, and I couldn't get the boots on at all. I'm thinking I'll turn the boots into bootfeet by hacking the Otaku connectors and filling the bottom with magic clay to harden them up. This should also improve ankle articulation. Failing that Triad do make some biker boots in black that are reasonably similar - all that would be required would be to add the strap around the ankle and dye them brown. Ankle articulation would definitely be improved. the hands from the buck are way too small, and the hands for the Otaku can't hold the saber properly. Will definitely need to do something about that.

The other major issue is that due to the bustyness of the Otaku, the top no longer fits. Given its so inaccurate I'd be interested in getting someone to make a new one (I can't sew AT ALL).

The size of the saber handle also is annoying, but I plan on sending an Otaku to hurricane to see if he can do a saber mod on that body, and if so get him to make a replacement hilt on his microlathe like he did for Jedi Luke.

Sorry for the lack of pics but I am without a camera.... will try address that on the weekend.

I did a little experiment - I took the sideshow Aayla and did a body swap onto a Triad Otaku. It does alot to address the weaknesses of the Buck - in that the head no longer looks bobbleheaded, the chest is better proportioned, the stomach area is perfect, the arm articulation is muted and the legs are more realistic in the tight clothing. The Otaku is able to be painted so that shouldn't be the issue it might be with other body types. Assuming I can match the colour.

the downsides ? The pants are EXTREMELY tight and this somewhat limits movement, and I couldn't get the boots on at all. I'm thinking I'll turn the boots into bootfeet by hacking the Otaku connectors and filling the bottom with magic clay to harden them up. This should also improve ankle articulation. Failing that Triad do make some biker boots in black that are reasonably similar - all that would be required would be to add the strap around the ankle and dye them brown. Ankle articulation would definitely be improved. the hands from the buck are way too small, and the hands for the Otaku can't hold the saber properly. Will definitely need to do something about that.

The other major issue is that due to the bustyness of the Otaku, the top no longer fits. Given its so inaccurate I'd be interested in getting someone to make a new one (I can't sew AT ALL).

The size of the saber handle also is annoying, but I plan on sending an Otaku to hurricane to see if he can do a saber mod on that body, and if so get him to make a replacement hilt on his microlathe like he did for Jedi Luke.

Sorry for the lack of pics but I am without a camera.... will try address that on the weekend.
so what you're basically saying is that none of the clothes will fit and the hands wont hold the accessories. got it.

so what you're basically saying is that none of the clothes will fit and the hands wont hold the accessories. got it.

To be fair, the clothes don't fit the buck particularly well anyway, the boots are difficult to get back on the buck feet anyway, teh lightsaber is hasbroish and the original hands are way undersized... so its not like it works out of the box either.

I don't know why Sideshow don't just do boot feet rather than boots - makes a lot of sense for fem figures

ok... bought a camera today so some pics of Aayla head and what bits of the costume fit on. The photo's are a little bit deceptive - the head is a better match but the flesh vs blue hides that... if I had and knew how to use photoshop it could be coloured.

2770261098_eeeb155c9d.jpg

2770260708_800026d13e.jpg

2769412999_a5cbf08e84.jpg

2770279034_24af8b0b90.jpg

Finally got around to opening Aayla here. Overall I think she's pretty cool. She definitely has some flaws (mainly the buck), but she is capable of some cool poses IMO.

A couple pics of mine:

ASecura1.jpg

ASecura2.jpg

ASecura3.jpg

ASecura4.jpg

Finally got around to opening Aayla here. Overall I think she's pretty cool. She definitely has some flaws (mainly the buck), but she is capable of some cool poses IMO.

A couple pics of mine:
ASecura4.jpg

Awesome pic!!! I might have to steal that one.:lol

ok... bought a camera today so some pics of Aayla head and what bits of the costume fit on. The photo's are a little bit deceptive - the head is a better match but the flesh vs blue hides that... if I had and knew how to use photoshop it could be coloured.

aaylaew2.jpg

fixed that for you..;)

That body looks more accurate to Amy Allen's than SS's.

Hey LordAzrael, any progress on this figure? Very interested to see what you guys do to improve this figure!:banana

Did you paint her blue yet?

Hey, I just started watching the TV series Dexter for the first time. Any of you see a resemblance with Julie Benz?

julie-benz-dexter.jpg

2770261098_eeeb155c9d.jpg

2770260708_800026d13e.jpg

I think those joints and hands look worse that Sideshows.

Back