SDCC Exclusives revealed tomorrow!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am happy that the AOTC rainbow brigade is out of the way... nice to see the more obscure clone variants becoming available!

next year, it could be a Mando variant!

Last edited:
can't wait for G.I.Joe 1/6 Falcon Exclusive

Are the preorder exclusives the same as the versions you can buy at the show?

Because if I can just preorder whatever I want, it will save me the trouble of having to travel with added stuff or carry around on the floor etc.

You pre-order them and pick them up at the con. They will have non-attendee versions as well. The figures are exactly the same, but $5-10 plus shipping more for the convience of not going to SDCC.

Yep, the PO's are usually a few weeks before the con and then the Non-Attendees tend to ship a bit before the con starts.

Just read the latest Newsletter. Sounds like the SDCC Exclusives will ALL be shipped (Attendee & Non-Attendee) and we won't actually be picking them up at the show. Interesting.

SDCC Exclusives... that you don't get at SDCC! :lol

If I am reading that right. It says:

Well start taking orders for our con Exclusives the first week of July and will be shipping them out right before showtime (whether you'll be attending SDCC or not). This gives attendees more opportunities to grab more stuff at the show with those free arms!

So no Attendee/non-Attendee options. Cuts out confusion for newb non-attendees and means you attendees don't have to lug around ____ all day and then deal with mailing/carry-on issues. Win win! :lol

Just read the latest Newsletter. Sounds like the SDCC Exclusives will ALL be shipped (Attendee & Non-Attendee) and we won't actually be picking them up at the show. Interesting.

SDCC Exclusives... that you don't get at SDCC! :lol

If I am reading that right. It says:

How is this a comic con Exclusive??? If you don't get it at comic con?

Honestly with all that's going I. I don't mind the change. It really does make it a ton easier.

How do they know if you attended or not? That just makes it essentially all non attendee which makes it harder to acquire. Or is it just me that thinks this?

They better allow us to pre-order stuff on the floor again this year, then. They didn't last year because they said it was too time-consuming for them. And it was all done online.

I hope this all isn't an indication that Sideshow is downsizing their SDCC participation at the actual show. I started to get that feeling last year with all the online-focused foolishness.

Their booth and the amount of stuff they had last year was as much as any year in the time I've been going. :dunno i didnt get any sense of they were backing off sdcc. I wouldn't expect that to change this year.

How do they know if you attended or not? That just makes it essentially all non attendee which makes it harder to acquire. Or is it just me that thinks this?

That's what I'm curious about as well. If these are just simple PPOs it will be something if an item sells out very quickly and a lot of people are shut out. You could conceivably have a scenario where actual SDCC attendees couldn't get SDCC "exclusives". That would be f'd up.

Yeah, but have any Sideshow con exclusives been quick sell outs in recent years? The HT ones used to be... but now they seem to fit the ES to the number of pre-orders so even those are around long after the con is over.

Even as a non-attendee I've never missed out on an exclusive I wanted and I'm in a larger pool of people with supposedly only 10% of the product available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back