SDCC Exclusives revealed tomorrow!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They better allow us to pre-order stuff on the floor again this year, then. They didn't last year because they said it was too time-consuming for them. And it was all done online.

I hope this all isn't an indication that Sideshow is downsizing their SDCC participation at the actual show. I started to get that feeling last year with all the online-focused foolishness.

A lot of items were available for Pre-Order on the show floor last year. Many apologies if you were informed otherwise, IrishJedi. As has been the case with past years, many items on display at the booth will be available for Pre-Order on the show floor. There will be some items, however, that will not be available for Pre-Order during Comic-Con (not online and not on the floor) and will simply just be unveiled at the actual show and available for order sometime after the con.

-SideshowAlex

A lot of items were available for Pre-Order on the show floor last year. Many apologies if you were informed otherwise, IrishJedi. As has been the case with past years, many items on display at the booth will be available for Pre-Order on the show floor. There will be some items, however, that will not be available for Pre-Order during Comic-Con (not online and not on the floor) and will simply just be unveiled at the actual show and available for order sometime after the con.

-SideshowAlex

Sweet. Thanks again. You have been a fountain of info in this thread lately. :)

:duff

I just miss coming back from San Diego with those awesome yellow Sideshow forms all filled out. :lol

Last edited:
Yeah, but have any Sideshow con exclusives been quick sell outs in recent years? The HT ones used to be... but now they seem to fit the ES to the number of pre-orders so even those are around long after the con is over.

Even as a non-attendee I've never missed out on an exclusive I wanted and I'm in a larger pool of people with supposedly only 10% of the product available.

The gunmetal grey iron man last year went quick but most last long enough now for people to get them. Which is fine honestly as comic-con itself can be a task to get other stuff done.

Honestly with all that's going I. I don't mind the change. It really does make it a ton easier.

I don't either since they were usually some of the bigger exclusives to pack up in the suit case :lol I just hope they won't be hard to get this year. One advantage of being an attendee was that a majority of the product was set aside for ordering. Now if its all the same, everyone has the same chance - whether they are going to SDCC or not. Attendees should always have a better chance IMO since they are making the effort of going.

They better allow us to pre-order stuff on the floor again this year, then. They didn't last year because they said it was too time-consuming for them. And it was all done online.

I hope this all isn't an indication that Sideshow is downsizing their SDCC participation at the actual show. I started to get that feeling last year with all the online-focused foolishness.

Yeah, I didn't like that move either. It seems attendees are getting less and less perks. No attendee edition exclusives and no early ordering. I would have much rather ordered Boba Fett at the show last year instead of going through a PPO. I hate PPOs. They just over-hype a product nowadays rather than help people order an item.

-SideshowAlex

Like General Grievous for example? I sure hope we can order him THIS year though :lol

I just hope they won't be hard to get this year. One advantage of being an attendee was that a majority of the product was set aside for ordering. Now if its all the same, everyone has the same chance - whether they are going to SDCC or not.

I had the same feeling when I saw that.

I don't either since they were usually some of the bigger exclusives to pack up in the suit case :lol I just hope they won't be hard to get this year. One advantage of being an attendee was that a majority of the product was set aside for ordering. Now if its all the same, everyone has the same chance - whether they are going to SDCC or not. Attendees should always have a better chance IMO since they are making the effort of going.

Yeah, I didn't like that move either. It seems attendees are getting less and less perks. No attendee edition exclusives and no early ordering. I would have much rather ordered Boba Fett at the show last year instead of going through a PPO. I hate PPOs. They just over-hype a product nowadays rather than help people order an item.

rabbitholecryingdog.png

Like General Grievous for example? I sure hope we can order him THIS year though :lol

Yes, like General Grievous. This year there will be similar situations where an item will be on display only and not available quite yet.

-SideshowAlex

now i am going to have to worry about my exclusive sitting on my doorstep while i am at the con.

Yeah, I've become quite the expert at getting these items in my suitcase on top of my clothes. :lol I will still have to do this but the less I have to do the better.

Yeah, for me most of the time I limit my exclusives based on their size rather than cost. Sideshow's stuff is always my #1 priority so everything else depends on what else would fit in the suitcase :lol

Oddly this year there isn't a whole lot from other companies I'm looking to get. Nothing to wait in a huge line for at least. So this will be quite nice being able to enjoy the entire show without having to worry about limited items... so far at least. More and more companies are waiting till the very last mintue to reveal stuff :lol

Right Sideshow was always #1 then the rest of the time I tried to figure out how I would fit anything else in there. :lol This makes it easier with that and now I can maybe look a bit more at something I might have skipped otherwise.

Everyone is waiting this year for some reason. My thread is moving slowly for that reason alone. :lol

Maybe Sideshow will actually have some cool swag at SDCC this year to make up for the lack of any perks for people who actually spend the money and take the time to attend the show.

Another puzzle piece revealed:
sdcc.png

Only 3000 more until we see the whole thing!!! :yess::yess:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back