Serang's 'THE BAND' FINAL!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was interested, but it is way too expensive. One full set with guitar is about $1200!!! (with shipping) and for full set of 4 is over $4000. That is just way out of my price range. Good luck to everyone who is getting it.

I kind of agree, Serang's stye is not my cup of tea. I see a lot of similarities between his Miller and House sculpts for example. And I didn't bite on the Churchill sculpt because I felt they were lacking something in the likeness. I'm not a fan of the 'oil painting' paint apps either - though I have not seen one in hand, so I can't say how well they hold up in person.

But Serang's work is kind of apart from the usual 1/6 fare that values likeness accuracy above all else . He is an artist rather than a replicator, so his personal style is going to permeate through all of his work. People buying these works will value Serang's personality on their shelf as much as the characters upon which his figures are based.
So to those who dig Serang's style and can afford these masterpieces... :drink

I think you hit it on the nail.
:goodpost:

Last edited:
I kind of agree, Serang's stye is not my cup of tea. I see a lot of similarities between his Miller and House sculpts for example. And I didn't bite on the Churchill sculpt because I felt they were lacking something in the likeness. I'm not a fan of the 'oil painting' paint apps either - though I have not seen one in hand, so I can't say how well they hold up in person.

But Serang's work is kind of apart from the usual 1/6 fare that values likeness accuracy above all else . He is an artist rather than a replicator, so his personal style is going to permeate through all of his work. People buying these works will value Serang's personality on their shelf as much as the characters upon which his figures are based.

So to those who dig Serang's style and can afford these masterpieces... :drink

I have his full set Churchill and had it displayed at the local Veterans group for a while, and all the people there loved it! Its stunning in hand.

Lejuan is right... Serang has his own style and I love it... always have.

Great work Serang :wave

I know my figures price is expensive.
I had a lot of word, but my english is very short.
So I quote one sentence from the my certification card.

"The creative activity is my life.
This is a work of artist.
When you prossesses this, it is to have the part of my life.
Thanks to your support."

When who paid this expensive payment, that will be pay for my creative and artistic passion, not 'product'.

I just want to make a Beatles figure, i wish memorial and tribute to their great music life.
Now i finished my work, no regret even i can't sell one single figure.
I made my own artwork, and blew my passion.

Thanks to all,
i understand who agreed or disagreed my works and that price.
Thank you.

Serang.

Last edited:
I have his full set Churchill and had it displayed at the local Veterans group for a while, and all the people there loved it! Its stunning in hand.

Lejuan is right... Serang has his own style and I love it... always have.

Great work Serang :wave

I can't wait to have Serang's CPT Miller in hand and I am waiting in line for his Hendrix. The Beetles are out of my price range, but I congratulate anyone who picks him up. I am sure whoever picks him up will be very happy.

How about a

Great work on the Beetles Serang. I personally love your work and see myself being a fan for the foreseeable future. :clap

I was interested, but it is way too expensive. One full set with guitar is about $1200!!! (with shipping) and for full set of 4 is over $4000.

I think the complete set of the four early period figures, with 3 guitars, is $3700. Clearly still a huge chunk of change.

This set (especially the guitars) are just beautiful. Definitely way more than I could justify. But really. Beautifully done set serang.

I can't wait to have Serang's CPT Miller in hand and I am waiting in line for his Hendrix. The Beetles are out of my price range, but I congratulate anyone who picks him up. I am sure whoever picks him up will be very happy.

How about a

Great work on the Beetles Serang. I personally love your work and see myself being a fan for the foreseeable future. :clap

I wanted the Capt Miller as its in my top 5 fav film characters, but alas, I was too late.

I was already noticed that.
I said full custom and painted version first.
Yes, will be available unpainted version head sculpts soon.

Will there be an outfit set to go with the unpainted heads?
"Let it be".

just my 2 cents. Serang has an obvious artistic style different than others and like all art, many will like him, others will not. Like all custom works though, they are expensive. I though they would be a tad cheaper, but its not gonna happen. With the way the economy is, many wont be able to afford these.

just my 2 cents. Serang has an obvious artistic style different than others and like all art, many will like him, others will not. Like all custom works though, they are expensive. I though they would be a tad cheaper, but its not gonna happen. With the way the economy is, many wont be able to afford these.

This would be a drop in the bucket for someone like Donald Trump

Maybe will be in Yoko Ono's collection

Lets face it these are limited to begin with and REALLY are museum pieces. Perhaps they will find their way to the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame.

Thanks Serang for sharing your work with us. The pictures really are wonderful to behold. Keep it up.

I will be looking for unpainted pieces of the Band and Jimi

I wanted the Capt Miller as its in my top 5 fav film characters, but alas, I was too late.

Sorry man I think I grabbed the last one. :dunno
Unfortunately, I have been on the other side looking in when it comes to certain figures, but the good news is that 2012 seems to be a great year for collecting 1/6. I can't waitttt for Hendrix!!!

Look like a lot of us are in the same boat. I have to say that I really truly belive that Serang is offering his best price based on work load. I mean jus the sheer time it takes to construct paint sew etc. you have to remember these are done by hand.

I really want the Beatles I've always wanted them. But I cant spend 4 grand to have them I just dont need them that bad. The highest I'd go would be about 1600. That's why I don't take commissions I have a life that I want to keep and relationships I want to keep and a full time job and freelance work in my profession makes me in an hour what it takes me 10 to produce and charge for toys. These things take time to make.

It's the guitars price especially that I feel is too high for my budget. But they are beautiful.

I WILL have something from this awesome set though. Right now I'm thinking I getting the Serang painted John head and bashing his outfit for abbey road and customizing one of the 24 dollar 1/6 guitars to make I sort of resemble his guitar.

Either that or get all 4 unpainted and see how far I get bashing the rest.

I'm hoping Serang offers the unpainted heads very soon I'd love to paint the Beatles. Also I think I'd buy Ringos outfit if he offered it. I jus dont think I could bash that. Paul and John I could live with the avalible bashing options out there. George I'd buy the outfit for too.

Back