Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (September 3rd, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how pissed are people that "Fake Mandarin" is more Mandarin than
the Mandarin?
Wenwu-02__scaled_600.jpg

So how pissed are people that "Fake Mandarin" is more Mandarin than
the Mandarin?View attachment 536881
The Iron Man 3 trailer was super hype train on Mandarin being a boss of a villain. I thought I originally heard they didn't know what to do with Mandarin and did this. Then Feige said he heard the fans and will have a redo at it. Now Feige said this was the plan all along. Yeah, ok. I guess the story now is Fu Manchu is a racist depiction (which sounds like any other villain in the history of villains) and decided to make him Shang-Chi's father.

I thought Fin Fang Foom was in this, but it could be another type of dragon. Could still be Shou-Lao, the dragon who Iron Fist defeats. I doubt it, but we shall see. They should do this storyline of Foom from the comics:

"Change of Heart​

Having spent some time rethinking his role in the world, Foom had become a follower of Buddhism, and, with the rest of his crew gone, he decided to reform. He wilfully entered into a rehabilitation program spearheaded by Reed Richards, in which he and three other monsters - the robot Elektro, the giant ape Gorgilla, and the alien Googam - were shrunk down to human size, hypnotically stripped of their powers, and allowed to enter human society. Taking up a job as head chef in a Chinese restaurant within the Baxter Building."

Just got back from the Carribean...yeah that is probably tied with Ant-Man and the Wasp for worst MCU movie. Woof, that was awful. If it wasn't MCU, it would be bombed in reviews alone. IMO too much fantasy for an MCU debut. If I was Asian, I'd be pissed right now.

Funny that everywhere else all I’m seeing is positive reviews and reactions. I think you all just love to hate things :lol

A lot of you already set it up for failure in your own minds, so it was never going to deliver :lol

No, there's no principle.

I really am just a very grumpy old man.

Now then............get off my lawn.

Funny that everywhere else all I’m seeing is positive reviews and reactions. I think you all just love to hate things :lol

A lot of you already set it up for failure in your own minds, so it was never going to deliver :lol
Funny indeed. People saying stuff was held back from the trailer, uh no, the movie was exactly like the trailer. Goofy humor, some good kung fu and fantasy that is def out there. I went to reddit and people were gushing over it. Did they see the same film I did? Some of us have standards!

The Mandarin dude is a pretty good actor though.

I generally don't let reviews influence my own opinion, but the consesus seems to be that it's a good movie. If you were already saying that this was gonna be awful before it came out, then you're probably not going into it with an open mind and already setting it up for failure.

I'm not exactly hyped to see it, but my mind is open and if it's good I'll happily admit that it's good. It's probably not gonna do too well financially though.

Something doesn't have to be either the best thing ever or the worst thing ever, it can just be good, decent or meh.

Let yourself enjoy things :lol

1630674780937.png

I generally don't let reviews influence my own opinion, but the consesus seems to be that it's a good movie. If you were already saying that this was gonna be awful before it came out, then you're probably not going into it with an open mind and already setting it up for failure.

I'm not exactly hyped to see it, but my mind is open and if it's good I'll happily admit that it's good. It's probably not gonna do too well financially though.

Something doesn't have to be either the best thing ever or the worst thing ever, it can just be good, decent or meh.

Let yourself enjoy things :lol

View attachment 536944
So you are telling people to enjoy it while you haven't seen the movie yourself! :lol

I don't ever believe that someone has made up their mind about something and a viewing never changed that. When you view the movie, it can change your mind. Captain Marvel did that for me as it had a lot more sci-fi to it early on that I really enjoyed. But it eventually failed in it's weird mind control angle that wasn't written or directed well amongst other things. Just look at how people rate movies early on: 99%? 92%? We all know that this movie right now wouldn't rate this high compared to other movies, and the viewing confirmed that. It is like Black Panther in the way that they want to undermine the lead character. In this case, it was to prop up the other women, which is a trope that is so overplayed. The fantasy stuff at the end got ridiculous and really unbelievable for an MCU movie to me.

So you are telling people to enjoy it while you haven't seen the movie yourself! :lol

I don't ever believe that someone has made up their mind about something and a viewing never changed that. When you view the movie, it can change your mind. Captain Marvel did that for me as it had a lot more sci-fi to it early on that I really enjoyed. But it eventually failed in it's weird mind control angle that wasn't written or directed well amongst other things. Just look at how people rate movies early on: 99%? 92%? We all know that this movie right now wouldn't rate this high compared to other movies, and the viewing confirmed that. It is like Black Panther in the way that they want to undermine the lead character. In this case, it was to prop up the other women, which is a trope that is so overplayed. The fantasy stuff at the end got ridiculous and really unbelievable for an MCU movie to me.
Nah, I'm just saying that you all already seemed to hate the movie before you even saw it, so obviously you weren't gonna like it, have an open mind is all I'm saying. If you go into it thinking "this is gonna be ****", then you probably aren't gonna enjoy it.

Nah, I'm just saying that you all already seemed to hate the movie before you even saw it, so obviously you weren't gonna like it, have an open mind is all I'm saying. If you go into it thinking "this is gonna be ****", then you probably aren't gonna enjoy it.
I simply had a hypothesis and the experiment concluded that I was indeed correct. :lecture:lol

Well, isn't the reason for movie trailers just for that? Basing an opinion on what is shown as a quick preview so fans can have interest? Maybe this new generation feels they must go spend their money and time on a "Must See" movie cause the media and social media tells them to. Or feel guilted into seeing/supporting a diverse movie. Not because of what they thought of the trailer.

And in today's sociopolitical climate, its VERY easy to judge what the "message" of a movie will be.

Plus the fact, as I and other have said before, nothing in the MCU is a must see event anymore. There's no current story progression to follow. No fear of missing out on something or being spoiled by some big revelation. For me, the excitement for the MCU died with Endgame. Even the Spidey movie that followed that is still part of Phase 3 was meh and dumb to me.

I think I've done pretty well in my life basing what I want to see, or what I feel I can skip based on trailers. I can't even think of a movie I eventually saw and liked after watching the trailer and thinking it looked like crap...

If it looks like a turd, smells like a turd.....

Back