SHIN GODZILLA - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016! - Shin Gojira

I can't believe a new gamera film has gotten announced-designed-and a trailer and we still have no idea what this Godzilla even looks like on paper yet lol.

I'm already making space for an x-plus I have a feeling he's going to look lovely. I love toho's creature designs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They may be waiting for November 3, the anniversary day of Gojira's theatrical release. Over at Tohokindom they'er saying Attack on Titan follow a similar schedule and had a trailer and such around December so I'm sure it won't be long. Based on Gamera, Ultraman and Japan's ads for Godzilla 2014, they don't seem big on hiding monsters so I'm sure we'll get a good look soon enough.

They may be waiting for November 3, the anniversary day of Gojira's theatrical release. Over at Tohokindom they'er saying Attack on Titan follow a similar schedule and had a trailer and such around December so I'm sure it won't be long. Based on Gamera, Ultraman and Japan's ads for Godzilla 2014, they don't seem big on hiding monsters so I'm sure we'll get a good look soon enough.
Oh I hope so. I just wish they were better at generating some buzz. I remember after the 1998 incident and they announced godzilla 2000 (well g-fan announced it for me in those days) and they had that beautiful illustration for what godzilla was supposed to look like in the film and although the film version wasn't as epic it still made me so excited. The mood and power that the design had digitally was something the series lacked for a long time.

He was a great artist. Requiescat in pace.

His posters are some of the most beautiful works of art I've ever seen. Each Hesei/Millennium artwork poster is downright remarkable.

Ohrai's GvsB art is still incredible in its simplicity.

5fb5ad0440fa106d78968a158f2cb389.jpg

This reminds me... Koichi Sugiyama is 84 years old.
I wish he did more G-music. He was the best!

The mechagodzilla he illustrated for the '93 film was a damn beast!

This reminds me... Koichi Sugiyama is 84 years old.
I wish he did more G-music. He was the best!

Overall the Biollante score is a nice entry in the franchise, the only part I don't like is that really fast action cue like when the Godzilla cells are stolen in the beginning, it just sounds like something from an old cop movie or something and feels out of place, even against the rest of the movie's score it's almost like he didn't do it and they borrowed it from another composer. The Super X 2 theme is a great balance of the fun of such a craft mixed with the seriousness of the fact that there's a fight going on. I enjoy the sound of the theme for Super X in '84, but it just comes off as making too much of a spectacle of the ship and doesn't serve the battle very well.

It would be interesting if he'd continue scoring the Heisei era. I love I***ube's work in the Showa era, but outside of his use of old themes, his Heisei stuff just doesn't have the same magic, at least from '91 to '94, his final score for Destroyah, like everything else about that movie, was a return to his best.

Overall the Biollante score is a nice entry in the franchise, the only part I don't like is that really fast action cue like when the Godzilla cells are stolen in the beginning, it just sounds like something from an old cop movie or something and feels out of place, even against the rest of the movie's score it's almost like he didn't do it and they borrowed it from another composer. The Super X 2 theme is a great balance of the fun of such a craft mixed with the seriousness of the fact that there's a fight going on. I enjoy the sound of the theme for Super X in '84, but it just comes off as making too much of a spectacle of the ship and doesn't serve the battle very well.

It would be interesting if he'd continue scoring the Heisei era. I love I***ube's work in the Showa era, but outside of his use of old themes, his Heisei stuff just doesn't have the same magic, at least from '91 to '94, his final score for Destroyah, like everything else about that movie, was a return to his best.

I still don't feel like you can have a complete Godzilla film without I***ube's Godzilla march or melody thrown in there somewhere. Just simply too iconic. His music gave as much to Godzilla's legend over the years as anybody. Just going back and reflecting on the '54, Mothra vs Godzilla, Ghidrah/Monster Zero, Destroy All Monsters, Gigan and MEcha Godzilla soundtrack...that music at times (sad to say) really escalated some of those films from having the low-budget Ultraman or afternoon kiddie shows at times.

almost like he didn't do it and they borrowed it from another composer.
He's a video game composer, it was exactly what you'd expect.

I enjoy the sound of the theme for Super X in '84
I'd never understand your obsession with '84 film. :lol
An interesting concept but nothing more. Koroku's score was cheap and uninspired.

His music gave as much to Godzilla's legend over the years.
His music was the only good thing about those terrbile Showa films.
It works perfectly with lighthearted themes and tones, but adds almost nothing to something dark and atmospheric.
Pretty much why I like his "vs Destroyer" score the most.

I consider the Gojira score the darkest and most ominous in the franchise. That suit isn't evil looking or anything but it's the music that makes him scary as he destroys Tokyo.

He's a video game composer, it was exactly what you'd expect.

I'd never understand your obsession with '84 film. [emoji38]
An interesting concept but nothing more. Koroku's score was cheap and uninspired.

His music was the only good thing about those terrbile Showa films.
It works perfectly with lighthearted themes and tones, but adds almost nothing to something dark and atmospheric.
Pretty much why I like his "vs Destroyer" score the most.
It doesn't touch Gojira. King of ominous scores of the franchise.

Come on, guys!
Original Gojira is a timeless cinema classic, I'd never consider it a part of cheesy G-franchise. :lol

Okay that was a stupid assumption on my part lol What about mothra vs godzilla? That's also a classic with an incredible soundtrack imo.

First look at the full sketch art that's been put on products for the new movie.

12193453_10153094751886583_2117452779245034513_n.jpg

Obviously far from a good glimpse at the new design, but I wonder if anything can be taken away from this. Body proportions feel a lot like GMK suit.

Hopefully the neck isn't to long and the head small like in 2000.

Back