ShortRound's FORTUNE & GLORY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ShortRound's FORTUNE & GLORY (BATMAN, MORPHEUS)

Hey Hector. Not sure which of their products you got but I installed their 4 strip, cool white kit. Here's my review with some comparison shots:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5829678&postcount=228

Curious to see how they work out for you bro. Your collection continues to be one of the nicest here - pure top shelf. :clap

Oh! I'm loving the new avatar and sig Chris. :lol
That's a huge help my friend. Thanks for posting. I can see the difference is minor but for some reason I'm getting a little yellow light in your photos. I think it's the background light. A little hard to tell. Still a big help. Looks like the transformer is gonna be a bit tricky to hide. I had a feeling when I was reading the specs. 3.5" of wire? That's not a lot. We'll see I guess. :)

And thanks for the compliments man. Really appreciate it. :duff

Thanks man! That's great to hear. Out of the box it isn't that great though. I recommend all the mod I did. Or at least the gauntlets. :exactly:

Yeah I've been on the hunt for those gauntlets. It's hard to find him parted out or at a decent price. If I find one cheap enough I'll switch the FNO head from HT with the Takara figure. The gauntlets do make a HUGE difference for sure.

Oh! I'm loving the new avatar and sig Chris. :lol
That's a huge help my friend. Thanks for posting. I can see the difference is minor but for some reason I'm getting a little yellow light in your photos. I think it's the background light. A little hard to tell. Still a big help. Looks like the transformer is gonna be a bit tricky to hide. I had a feeling when I was reading the specs. 3.5" of wire? That's not a lot. We'll see I guess. :)

And thanks for the compliments man. Really appreciate it. :duff

Thanks bud - really excited for more Burgundy!

Yeah, my basement lights reflect yellow for sure, which is probably what you see. Either way - I'm sure you can work out something. I'm hoping for another detolf soon and at that point, may just scrap what I have and re-do all three with a more custom solution....we'll see. Take it easy man.

If I look at the bottom two shelves and block the top two, they look almost identical in terms of color. Definitely seeing a lot more yellow on the top two shelves. So I'm really excited to get these. Out for delivery today as a matter of fact. :)

Re: Shorty's Stuff

Here's a little collection update. Still working on a few things. Gotta clear some shelves for upcoming releases. But shaping up nicely I think. :)

IMG_3909_zps634156f9.jpg

I just want to say that you and MarfMaster have my favorite collections on here.It really helps that anytime I have the itch to just buy a new figure,I look at your collections and say less is more and presentation is key.

I keep forgetting to ask you this, but how did you get your SS Vader gloves on the KP body? I think I remember reading in one of the Vader threads there's two different ways to do it. Right now they're just kind of shoved on there without actually being connected to the arms.

I subscribed to this just to keep looking at this collection! Where did you get your TWD Rixk? He looks amazing! I need to get a detolf really bad. I have no where to start putting my figures.

Just watched there will be blood
DDL rocks in the movie, but i was expecting a lil more of the film ( as long as won the oscar), but i like it even tough.
Have a nice weekend bro :)

I keep forgetting to ask you this, but how did you get your SS Vader gloves on the KP body? I think I remember reading in one of the Vader threads there's two different ways to do it. Right now they're just kind of shoved on there without actually being connected to the arms.

You have to remove the SS pegs inside the gloves first. Then the KP pegs fit right in without any modding. :)

I subscribed to this just to keep looking at this collection! Where did you get your TWD Rixk? He looks amazing! I need to get a detolf really bad. I have no where to start putting my figures.

Wow! Thank you epicfsyn! I love reading comments like that. Glad you like my collection. :)
I definitely recommend the detolfs. They're just such a nice and affordable display case.

Just watched there will be blood
DDL rocks in the movie, but i was expecting a lil more of the film ( as long as won the oscar), but i like it even tough.
Have a nice weekend bro :)

Glad you liked it Ricardo! It's definitely not for everyone. Thank you again and have a great weekend as well. :) ;)

Re: Shorty's Stuff

I just want to say that you and MarfMaster have my favorite collections on here.It really helps that anytime I have the itch to just buy a new figure,I look at your collections and say less is more and presentation is key.

Thank you so much Killjoy! That means a lot! That definitely is the goal for my collection. As much I want to buy EVERYTHING I see, I have to remember to keep it simple and buy what REALLY matters to me. I really appreciate the comment man. I know my buddy Marf does too. :)

Last edited:

I decided to go with the cape behind the shoulders look. The last pics and pose weren't doing it for me. :nono This is more like it. :exactly:
Having to much fun with this guy again! :)

Didn't mention any of the modifications last post either. So here it is.

-MRM resculpted HT BB cowl painted by SilentSurfer
-Takara BB gauntlets
-Medicom Boots
-Modified DX12 belt
-custom cape
-padded torso

"SWEAR TO ME!!!!!"

IMG_3978_zps766bc9dc.jpg

IMG_3981_zpsa4cf0c10.jpg

IMG_3982_zpsa1578667.jpg

Sickness!!!! Really dig this suit! A lil' touch of Burton in there!

Wow dude you got a seriously impressive collection!

Hector, whats the next piece you'll be getting in?

Any plans for a Draper Shorty to complete your AMC shelf with Walter and Rick?

Back