ShortRound's FORTUNE & GLORY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ShortRound's FORTUNE & GLORY (BATMAN, MORPHEUS)

I wish I knew. Thing is, the new ones aren't terrible. They're just a different color. Warm white. Which is yellow and not the cool white they use to be.
The only thing I've come across that's similar is the set from barlighting.com. It's an identical set as far as the strips go. Only thing about those is that they're too bright. Like I said....headache. :(

Is too bright a bad thing if all I use are the barlighting
.com ones? I'm thinking about getting these.

Is too bright a bad thing if all I use are the barlighting
.com ones? I'm thinking about getting these.

Absolutely not. I've been thinking about replacing all my dioders with the barlighting versions. Only thing is, you have to extend the wires so the splitter isn't smack in the middle of the detolf. Kind of a pain. I had to find the same 22 gauge wire, cut, strip, splice, and extend them like the dioders. The dioders have about 5-6 ft to play with. The BL strips have about 3.5 ft. :(

I'm thinking about emailing Barlighting to see they can extend them by another 3 ft. Would be so much nicer.

Last edited:

Are the dioder cables compatible? I was thinking I can just use the dioder cables for the top shelves and the barlighting ones for the bottom shelves.

Absolutely not. I've been thinking about replacing all my dioders with the barlighting versions. Only thing is, you have to extend the wires so the splitter isn't smack in the middle of the detolf. Kind of a pain. I had to find the same 22 gauge wire, cut, strip, splice, and extend them like the dioders. The dioders have about 5-6 ft to play with. The BL strips have about 3.5 ft. :(

I'm thinking about emailing Barlighting to see they can extend them by another 3 ft. Would be so much nicer.

Hey dude, I replaced all my dioders in my detolf with bar lighting.com led strips. If you buy the led kit it doesn't come with the right length of cables. But they have the correct length of cables to but extra. In fact they are a foot longer than the dioders cables I think lol! You can call them it's way easier and just tell them you situation and they will fix you up. That's what I did, they were very helpful lol! The only thing is the cables are a bit thicker than the dioder cables :/ but that's my only complaint.

Are the dioder cables compatible? I was thinking I can just use the dioder cables for the top shelves and the barlighting ones for the bottom shelves.

I'm sure they are but I'd have to check.

Hey dude, I replaced all my dioders in my detolf with bar lighting.com led strips. If you buy the led kit it doesn't come with the right length of cables. But they have the correct length of cables to but extra. In fact they are a foot longer than the dioders cables I think lol! You can call them it's way easier and just tell them you situation and they will fix you up. That's what I did, they were very helpful lol! The only thing is the cables are a bit thicker than the dioder cables :/ but that's my only complaint.

WOW! Thanks Machew! :clap Wrote them an email last night and was going to call them today(cause Im impatient) to find out if they could in fact do that. That's GREAT to hear! Thank you! ;)

Cool, keep us posted and let them know that they'll be getting a few more phone calls soon. :lol

WOW! Thanks Machew! :clap Wrote them an email last night and was going to call them today(cause Im impatient) to find out if they could in fact do that. That's GREAT to hear! Thank you! ;)[/QUOTE]

No problem dude! Yeah I emailed them when I was ordering too and it took them 2 days to get back to me. So I just called them instead and got somebody on the line that call. Good luck man!

Thanks for the info. Looks like I will be making a call as well. You Americans are lucky to have free shipping! Shipping to Canada is about the same price as 1 kit :(

BTW, use EZ10 coupon for 10% off.

WOW! ShortRound... your collection is jaw-dropping. Very awesome, those pieces are fantastic. I was looking for someone to go with my Jack Sparrow, What version of Davy Jones is that? Looks fairly decent from the pics!

Cool, keep us posted and let them know that they'll be getting a few more phone calls soon. :lol

Most definitely! :)

No problem dude! Yeah I emailed them when I was ordering too and it took them 2 days to get back to me. So I just called them instead and got somebody on the line that call. Good luck man!

Still haven't hopped on the phone with them but at least I know it's possible now.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I will be making a call as well. You Americans are lucky to have free shipping! Shipping to Canada is about the same price as 1 kit :(

BTW, use EZ10 coupon for 10% off.

WOW! That's terrible! :(

Thank you so much for the code. Will come in handy. :1-1:

WOW! ShortRound... your collection is jaw-dropping. Very awesome, those pieces are fantastic. I was looking for someone to go with my Jack Sparrow, What version of Davy Jones is that? Looks fairly decent from the pics!

Hey thanks Phine1. :hi5: Really appreciate the comment. That's the Hot Toys Davy Jones. It's a little outdated and HT, now, would blow this out of the water. Still a great piece. :)

Thanks again.

I just can't get enough of this guy! Put him on a Bruce Lee body....for now. Probably gonna change it out once someone finds something that better fits Reedus' build. Dyed the shirt a dark red color. There was too much grey, blue/grey going on. Changed the rope on the quiver. Was just too short. Then added a sling for the crossbow. Ordered a couple different slings with a camo look. It's a hard sling to recreate. Anyway, here he is. :)

Iminime Daryl Dixon

IMG_4033_zps52f4f16a.jpg

IMG_4030_zps9875cdc0.jpg

IMG_4036_zps873d5a3d.jpg

IMG_4035_zpsd1128481.jpg

IMG_4042_zps0ac88e54.jpg

IMG_4044_zps9adea657.jpg

Re: ShortRound's FORTUNE & GLORY (DARYL DIXON)

The red shirt and BL body sure do make this look amazing..great upgrades

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Nice addition...that daryl looks great man! I wonder what three zero is gonna do better with the walking dead line? Iminime and other customs I've seen have been great.

Hey thanks Phine1. :hi5: Really appreciate the comment. That's the Hot Toys Davy Jones. It's a little outdated and HT, now, would blow this out of the water. Still a great piece. :)

Thanks again.

I don't doubt it - but it looks fairly solid as it is. That Daryl turned out great, any mods to the body at all or did everything fit right on just fine (sculpt, clothes etc)?

thx for the reply!

Great Score and Pic's of Daryl my Friend Mr. Round, Excellent Post

The red shirt and BL body sure do make this look amazing..great upgrades

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you fellas! :)

Nice addition...that daryl looks great man! I wonder what three zero is gonna do better with the walking dead line? Iminime and other customs I've seen have been great.

I hope they nail it. I love this Daryl but he can use some upgrades. Accurate colored crossbow with sling, correct quiver tube, and correct body size.

Outfit and sculpt is great on this though. :)

I don't doubt it - but it looks fairly solid as it is. That Daryl turned out great, any mods to the body at all or did everything fit right on just fine (sculpt, clothes etc)?

thx for the reply!

The Bruce Lee body has a very thin foam padding I made for the torso. The outfit was a tad big. The padding filled it in very nice. Thanks again for the compliments.

:)

:clap This with the KatoSean Rick is beastttt. Sick man

Back