Show your Alien love! Post your pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20150502_220104.jpgA piece I've wanted for some time. Received it new in box. IMG_20150502_220345.jpg

Works now. Nice collection! Didn't realize how big the SS Big Chap bust was. Kinda makes the Warrior look tiny in comparison.

They are definitely out of whack scale wise, but it isn't actually too bad when you have them displayed together, most people think of the Warrior being smaller anyway even if that is incorrect (The warriors are taller and even have an extra rib to make up for it)

zH3A24K.jpg

qu1QOl2.jpg

bw2G0rS.jpg

5FcV5BE.jpg

Nice pics Python! Assuming they're from your own collection. Your busts look pretty good. I can see no flaws at first glance.

They are mine, well the Warrior is, the big chap was before I smashed it up. That picture is taken from a good distance and cropped. Unfortunately they are both covered in scratches and chips etc. The big chap had loads of problems beneath his dome also. Huge Shame as I really like these. My second big Chap was simply abysmal!! So I only have a warrior now which I'll repaint one day when I care enough again.

They are mine, well the Warrior is, the big chap was before I smashed it up. That picture is taken from a good distance and cropped. Unfortunately they are both covered in scratches and chips etc. The big chap had loads of problems beneath his dome also. Huge Shame as I really like these. My second big Chap was simply abysmal!! So I only have a warrior now which I'll repaint one day when I care enough again.

Yeah, I've read all the horror stories about the issues with QC on these busts. That's pretty much the only reason I don't order anymore Alien statues from SS or anything from SS now days. The last thing I have on PO from SS is Pinhead and I'm praying that one comes out at least decent. :pray:

Sucks because I really wanted to add SS's Space Jokey to my collection but, I think I'll hold off on that until they get their QC issues in check. Guess my Palisades Jokey will have to do for now, which I have no problem with.

What bust is this? The only other 1:1 of the dog alien I've seen doesn't look like this. And the dome is missing?

It's the Bruce Hansing one. The one you're probably thinking of?! The paint job for some reason was badly chipped, faded, and some other problems.. Got it for a song.. So, giving it a new paint job with some other alterations, that's why it looks different. Yes, I have the dome, just not done yet.... Here's some newer updates.

Picture 77.jpg

Picture 78.jpg

It's the Bruce Hansing one. The one you're probably thinking of?! The paint job for some reason was badly chipped, faded, and some other problems.. Got it for a song.. So, giving it a new paint job with some other alterations, that's why it looks different. Yes, I have the dome, just not done yet.... Here's some newer updates.

Ah, so it is! Couldn't see properly from your first pic. Make sure to post more when you finish it. :hi5:

Very nice! Those three pred statues look sick together! Seeing all these pics makes me worried about filling out some Bestas, though! I was planning to have a Warrior LSB alone in one space. :lol

Roswell Japan repaint of SS Alien bust........now this is what you call a grail piece!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 272
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 266
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 270
Back