Show your Alien love! Post your pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some quick snap+edits of the Alien Pile Statue:

AlienPile-arty4.jpg

AlienPile-arty3.jpg

AlienPile-arty2.jpg

AlienPile-arty1.jpg

Thanks dudes!

... and I'm liking the Mechanical Chain Bases in the background. :monkey5

Haha, well spotted...think im going to need a few more though for the bigger things in my collection.

Heres a few more I just took of the HT Alien Statue:

HTAlienStatue.jpg

HTAlienStatue1.jpg

HTAlienStatue2.jpg

Hey Xeno, those bases are cool.

Any way you could take a bright clear pic of them?

How big are they?

Haha, well spotted...think im going to need a few more though for the bigger things in my collection.

Very cool and ingenious of you to use them with your aliens! :clap
The only drawback is that you can't have only one. :eek:

Hey Xeno, those bases are cool.

Any way you could take a bright clear pic of them?

How big are they?

Here ya go Chris.
They're kinda small at 6x6x6.5, but you can attach as many as you like and build a mega diorama.

https://www.collectiondx.com/news_i..._support_goods_mechanical_chain_bases_007_010

I am fairly new to the alien collecting world...
Here is one of my first purchases, Tsukuda Alien Queen!!! She is all the way at the top of my detolf (where she belongs) :yess:

Attachments

• alienqueen.jpg
    alienqueen.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 218
Here's a few more for relative size:
The tallest one in the middle is the marmit vinyl figure at about 23"-- one inch shorter the the kenner jumbo above.....
The neca is, of course, 22" and the Roswell by yoshihiko sano ( based on Giger's original sculpt like the marmit) stands roughly at 18" which is about the same height as the original kenner.....

Although both the marmit and Roswell are based on the original production statue by giger based off of bolaji's form, the design excludes certain elements found on the final suit which was born out of practicality or additional aesthetic flourishes:

Wrist ribs to hide the seams of the gloved hands
Attached er rather paired fingers to eliminate jello digits between the thumbs
Elbow spurs instead of the three circles also found on the hips)
The midsection ribs to hide the actor where the suit separates

The marmit, however, incorporates the wrist ribbing details and the elbow spikes...

The only licensed toys to incorporate the thorax rflat ribs seems to be the kenner, including the funko/ super7 ReAction figures and the Gentle Giant Jumbo ( that said, also the tsukuda based on the kenner). Although I don't remember if the sega has this detail or not, I'll have to double check

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This pic of the Roswell statue wound up looking like a Giger illustration with flash

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Great collection demorathis! The hot toys super deformed big chap is adorable and I want one. I just cant justify the asking price on Ebay etc. I overpaid for the Kubrick 400% Alien. Regrets nothing… :lol

Thanks guys ... Since these pics were taken I had sold the two hot toys aliens dog and avp warrior... And some of the avp McFarlane figures...to stilly focusing on the 1979, and aliens warriors and queen.....I also sold all my hot toys predators except the elder 2.0.....
Haven't taken pictures of my alien cinemaquette and all my other alien statues and vinyls...not yet.
Still had my loose preds, but sold the carded collection :
image.jpg

The hot toys super deformed alien I got when it was first released and so I didn't have to worry about the secondary market prices...the big Kubrick was a must when first released, and so were the smaller incarnations , the glowie from the DVD anniversary bust set, the standard, the sdcc kenner style one, and the space jockey set ....

The market is sorely missing some new Alien statues. Would like to see Sideshow downscale and return to the quality of their 1:1 Aliens Warrior Bust days, bring something with care to the table.

View attachment 166663View attachment 166666this last one is a forced perspective shot comparing the sano Roswell w the medicom

I just wanted to share how close the medicom sculpt is to the Roswell by yoshihiko sano....aside from the head, and addition of screen accurate details, it is almost a dead ringer in the forced perspective shot....

On the Left/background is the Roswell
and on right/foreground is the medicom rah.

Actual size difference with the medicom now on the left:
View attachment 168010

Back