Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. Lens distortion from angles can greatly affect the perspective of figure proportions. It may not look like that in hand.

And he's going to look different in every minds eye. To me, I thought the Tama was somewhat off, but then when I got to open mine back home, it looked exactly how I remembered him looking in the film. I'm sure the SS one will bring about the same feelings.
I'm just cringing the plastics hollow feel of it. Will be likely top heavy with no girth to center the weight is what I'm thinking.
SOOOOOO wish Tama could just do their die cast R2:banghead:r2d2line:rip:cuss:cuss

There is no batter than the Tamashii figure in-hand. It looks phenomenal. I would love it if they followed through with R2.

It has been mentioned before that having clean 3po posed with dirty R2 is awkward.... I have the Taito clock, which makes him look clean. I will argue that it looks decent enough to hold its own.

The clean versus weathered clash is why I opted for the SSC 3PO if someone made a clean R2 I would have gone that foute with the Tamashii 3PO. For me, SSC is still the way to go. I will likely pose him pretty static next to R2...reminescent of the end scene in AnH when he puts his hand on top of R@'s dome. That is how I psrsonally always see them posed. It is such an iconic moment with two fantastic characters. Hopefully 3PO won't be too gummed up to pose. I plan to take it very easy on him and not fiddle with his articulation. He isn't meant for action shots afterall.

One of the biggest drawbacks of the Tamashii version is that it can't sit. I would us him for my Tantive 4 set up with Stormtroopers on one side, Rebel Troopers on the other and Clean 3po and R2 smack in the middle. Seeing that Tamashii and Sideshow worked together, will SS' version also not be able to sit? What will we do when SS or HT announce the landspeeder? I also need a few raiders for my Tatooine display. The loose leg complaints really detoured me from getting the SS versions.

Just like Tamashii's 3PO, Sideshow's won't be able to sit. Actual movie costume wasn't engineered to allow for sitting anyway. I believe Anthony Daniel was only wearing top half when shooting landspeeder scenes.
Right now, i don't believe any manufacturer as the technical means to built a 3PO that can sit. Unless they are willing to accept compromises design wise, I don't see how 3PO could look good in a standing pose, at least good enough to pass collectors' scrutiny test, if he were able to sit.

Well then it seems that Tamashii was right with making their version disassemble in parts, so you can have the torso, head, and arms flailing as the landspeeder whips by.

Just like Tamashii's 3PO, Sideshow's won't be able to sit. Actual movie costume wasn't engineered to allow for sitting anyway. I believe Anthony Daniel was only wearing top half when shooting landspeeder scenes.
Right now, i don't believe any manufacturer as the technical means to built a 3PO that can sit. Unless they are willing to accept compromises design wise, I don't see how 3PO could look good in a standing pose, at least good enough to pass collectors' scrutiny test, if he were able to sit.

Well then it seems that Tamashii was right with making their version disassemble in parts, so you can have the torso, head, and arms flailing as the landspeeder whips by.

There's supposedly a Sideshow Landspeeder coming, so SSC must be thinking of that. It's a big question as to whether the SSC 3PO comes apart. I can't find any official mention of the Tamashii one coming apart, and yet it was clearly designed to. So maybe the SSC one will too - we just haven't heard about it yet.

Yeah, or by the time SSC release their Land speeder, They (or Hot Toys) will reveal a Anthony Daniels figure with fully removable 3po armour.

Threepio is seen sitting plenty of times in the OT. At the dejarik table, at Ben's house, getting his leg reattached on the falcon, on the ewok floating chair... And here's GL demonstrating how it works for toy developers. :)

18186ac51afd0f8fe9cd3ef6cd1cd949.jpg

Threepio is seen sitting plenty of times in the OT. At the dejarik table, at Ben's house, getting his leg reattached on the falcon, on the ewok floating chair... And here's GL demonstrating how it works for toy developers. :)

18186ac51afd0f8fe9cd3ef6cd1cd949.jpg

I believe Anthony Daniels had to remove parts of the costume and the had to shoot from certain angles to get 3po to sit

Totally agree. They probably even had different pelvis and waist pieces just to get him there. I was just pointing out that sitting in the land speeder isn't the only reason to make a Threepio that can sit down.

No worries, you really think SS is going to dabble in a piece that they now need to charge $300-600 for? I'd put my money on the speeder bike being the one and only SW vehicle made by SS. Hope I'm wrong.

That's a good point. Considering the Speeder Bike is $300.00, I can't see the Landspeeder coming in at anything less than $500.00 - $600.00. A lot of people who might be interested in theory will find they have no space for it, also.

That's a good point. Considering the Speeder Bike is $300.00, I can't see the Landspeeder coming in at anything less than $500.00 - $600.00. A lot of people who might be interested in theory will find they have no space for it, also.

Yeah, it'd be Delorean price range by the time it's up for PO, despite being a lot less detail-intensive than that.

It would be huge but a must-buy for me.

I'm seriously considering doing a custom paint job on my die-cast Tamashii... I like that figure so much more than the SS C-3P0, based upon what I've seen so far. A dust-and-oil application would be really easy, to match the 'medium dirty' paint of the SS R2D2 that will soon be in our hands. My favorite look is in the desert scenes; they are most iconic to me.

A custom diorama with the half-buried giant bones in the sand would be awesome, framed and built-in to my wall, and brightly lit with dunes and a curved sky background.
I know 3-P0 had separated from R2 by the time he walked past the bones, but... who cares.

Last edited:
Back