Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they are a nice touch but in a perfect world they should be on a second head sculpt. And overall it should cost $40 less [emoji6]

I'm seriously considering doing s custom paint job on my die-cast Tamashii... I like that figure so much more than the SS C-3P0, based upon what I've seen so far. A dust-and-oil application would be really easy, to match the 'medium dirty' paint of the SS R2D2 that will soon be in our hands. My favorite look is in the desert scenes; they are most iconic to me.

A custom diorama with the half-buried giant bones in the sand would be awesome, framed and built-in to my wall, and brightly lit with dunes and a curved sky background.
I know 3-P0 had separated from R2 by the time he walked past the bones, but... who cares.
That's a great idea. Not sure I have the talent, but I think a properly weather Tamashii could be incredible. Has anyone attempted this already?

That's a great idea. Not sure I have the talent, but I think a properly weather Tamashii could be incredible. Has anyone attempted this already?

Tamashii weathered (with undersized Medi R2):

attachment.php

Tamashii unweathered (with correct size "Tato" clock R2):

ameqyra3.jpg

Has this been posted yet? I saw it on Sideshow's instagram account. I sure hope these were shot seperately and photoshopped together. Otherwise R2 is TINY!

It looks pretty heavily shopped so I'm going to assume its not an accurate size comparison. :pray:

Already been discussed in the R2 thread or earlier in this one. Bad composite. That's a fan-made image using photos they got online. While they have some Photoshop masking and selection skills, they have no eye for scale.

Wow, that looks incredible and much more film accurate. Pre-canceling the SSC version immediately.

The weathering makes it look a lot better and that's also a fantastic photo.

Has anyone ever mentioned the odd Phillips screws on either of 3-PO's upper thigh on the Tama? Definitely not in the movie. I think I've seen it on at least one other figure though, maybe even a costume. Odd stuff like this creeps in when you don't keep your sources straight.

The weathering makes it look a lot better and that's also a fantastic photo.

Has anyone ever mentioned the odd Phillips screws on either of 3-PO's upper thigh on the Tama? Definitely not in the movie. I think I've seen it on at least one other figure though, maybe even a costume. Odd stuff like this creeps in when you don't keep your sources straight.

Looks like it's there in Empire and Jedi on 3PO's right side at least, and probably PT. But it's a rare sighting. Definitely seemed odd when I saw the Tama.

f3e72b8fc75ebe79e7b65a3a2d157e5f.jpg

the Tamashii looks almost perfect to me. The only thing that prevents me from saying it's perfect are the elbow joints that stick out, which are thicker in the Tamashii than the actual movie thing. Apart from that, I couldn't tell.

Which is the issue I mentioned earlier - mixed reference material. He's also obviously missing the dent on the head.

The Phillips head bolts don't appear as much in SW (where the dent does appear) so I guess it's sorta correct.:dunno

Already been discussed in the R2 thread or earlier in this one. Bad composite. That's a fan-made image using photos they got online. While they have some Photoshop masking and selection skills, they have no eye for scale.

I thought that was an official SSC image?

Honestly guys.. the one REAL advantage that the SSC version will have over the Tamashii - is the weight.

You won't get any potential dive bombing catastrophes with this one, unlike the former.

That said, it also does really depend on how you set the thing up in the first place.. :lol

Honestly guys.. the one REAL advantage that the SSC version will have over the Tamashii - is the weight.

You won't get any potential dive bombing catastrophes with this one, unlike the former.

That said, it also does really depend on how you set the thing up in the first place.. :lol

Shockingly the Tamashii stands strongly on his feet. I have not had it attached to the stand at all and it has been doing fine.

So far I haven't been able to find a single instance in SW up until the Cantina of 3PO with a cross screw in his thigh. That's all I had time to scan earlier as I've been busy trying to diagnose a washing machine circuit board.

I thought that was an official SSC image?

We're talking about the mustache butler image. Maybe someone at SSC created it, but it's not an official product image obviously. It was made with two different droid images and just not scaled correctly - in other words, it's not a photograph of the two droids together and the R2 figure is not as small as he looks in that comp.

Back