Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far I haven't been able to find a single instance in SW up until the Cantina of 3PO with a cross screw in his thigh. That's all I had time to scan earlier as I've been busy trying to diagnose a washing machine circuit board.

Yeah, maybe it was part of the re-do of the suit between SW and ESB.

We're talking about the mustache butler image. Maybe someone at SSC created it, but it's not an official product image obviously. It was made with two different droid images and just not scaled correctly - in other words, it's not a photograph of the two droids together and the R2 figure is not as small as he looks in that comp.

Maybe Sideshow puts unofficial stuff on their instagram.

So the Tama is a bit of a mixed bag? So it's C-3PO right after the ceremony, he's gotten his helmet fixed and screws added, and he's waiting for the dent on his chest to be taken care of.

Honestly guys.. the one REAL advantage that the SSC version will have over the Tamashii - is the weight.

You won't get any potential dive bombing catastrophes with this one, unlike the former.

That said, it also does really depend on how you set the thing up in the first place.. :lol

I actually dropped mine from a few feet up on carpet and it "exploded" into separate pieces. I didn't see how it landed, but EVERYTHING came apart. Thankfully no damage was done and it all snapped back together. Go figure!

I actually dropped mine from a few feet up on carpet and it "exploded" into separate pieces. I didn't see how it landed, but EVERYTHING came apart. Thankfully no damage was done and it all snapped back together. Go figure!
Yeah, the figure is designed to be pulled apart - it's one of it's advertized selling points. :)

I meant more in terms of it destroying everything surrounding it on the way down. :lol

you know that`s funny. the same thing happened to mine. I was organizing my one shelf and he fell from the third shelf up and hit the ground and exploded like a laser blaster shot him like they did in empire. I though for sure he was broke

you know that`s funny. the same thing happened to mine. I was organizing my one shelf and he fell from the third shelf up and hit the ground and exploded like a laser blaster shot him like they did in empire. I though for sure he was broke

Lucky he did'nt fall on you, all that weight could have knocked you out! :)

This SSC version is completely wrong colour and finish-wise and the head is just off.

So I am glad I ended up scooping up a 2nd Bandai C-3PO with original intention of flipping it (I wanted a second one to display with Mighty Jabba). The Bandai may not be 100% screen accurate, but nothing about its appearance bothers me (and it 'wows' people with casual interest).

I want this guy for sure. It does look like the Tamashii 3PO is more accurate overall. I think the gold on the sideshow version looks more accurate and I like the finger articulation too... Want this one...

The bulging forehead on the Tama is more of a distraction to me than the wide face on SSC's. I don't even notice SSC's flaws unless it's next to a screencap, but Tama's looks wrong to me all by itself.

The bulging forehead on the Tama is more of a distraction to me than the wide face on SSC's. I don't even notice SSC's flaws unless it's next to a screencap, but Tama's looks wrong to me all by itself.

Do you have it in-hand? Could be lens distortion if it's just from pics. 3PO's head is really prone to looking very different depending on the lens.

It looks pretty close here, even though the real 3PO is looking up a bit more (making his forehead slightly smaller) and doesn't have his eyes lit up:

2w1xdaa.png

Tama's neck is too narrow though.

Back