Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

I will stick to my Tamashii 3PO for the moment.....waiting on R2! :impatient:

Do you have it in-hand? Could be lens distortion if it's just from pics. 3PO's head is really prone to looking very different depending on the lens.

I haven't seen it in hand. Just summarizing what I've seen here.

It looks pretty close here, even though the real 3PO is looking up a bit more (making his forehead slightly smaller) and doesn't have his eyes lit up:

2w1xdaa.png

Tama's neck is too narrow though.

The eye sockets are rounded at the bottom too. Should taper into more of a V, which Sideshow's does.

Put this together showing that more rounded look of threepio with shots of sideshow's. I'll just look at that one shot of threepio until the figure comes out. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417045651.987383.jpg

If there weren't the dent on the helmet I wouldn't be able to tell which one was which.

The nose sculpt remains questionable. Will wait to see production photos to judge, at any rate. This droid is not a priority for me anyway, but what bugs me is that I love the wires on the Tama and the articulated fingers on the SSC. Won't fuss about it too much as by the time this thing comes out I may well have decided against it.

The nose sculpt remains questionable. Will wait to see production photos to judge, at any rate. This droid is not a priority for me anyway, but what bugs me is that I love the wires on the Tama and the articulated fingers on the SSC. Won't fuss about it too much as by the time this thing comes out I may well have decided against it.

I was being facetious. I do think it looks great though, flaws and all, and I like that it'll be weathered to go with R2. I also think the Tama looks great--that weathered custom is fantastic.
Definitely see all the issues with the head sculpt on Sideshow's but can likely live with all of them. The nose seems painted unnecessarily.

I haven't seen it in hand. Just summarizing what I've seen here.

The eye sockets are rounded at the bottom too. Should taper into more of a V, which Sideshow's does.

That's a very tough one to see clearly because of reflections, but the Tama looks right-ish here (next to costume from Magic of Myth) and it seems every other 3PO (including the recent SSC PF) has rounded lower sockets, though they could all be wrong.:lol

9rr8g5.png

Overall, the Tama looks very, very close. The Sideshow has the features bunched up and has the Leno chin but still looks pretty damn good. I like the Tama head best, but like the SSC body best.:gah: Hey... the Tama head does pop off... hmmm...

What throws it out for me is where the eye socket meets the nose bump on the sideshow it's one big curve from the nose to cheek, where the prop the curve sort of blends off from the mid to outer cheek and is softer

The Sideshow has the features bunched up and has the Leno chin

I don't see it. I see this...

If there weren't the dent on the helmet I wouldn't be able to tell which one was which.

This looks all kinds of wrong to me.

FIG-KAI-04383.jpg

I figure it has something to do with how any individual brain ranks features in order of importance. With as many details as any one face has, recognition is never going to be a matter of strict geometry.

I figure it has something to do with how any individual brain ranks features in order of importance. With as many details as any one face has, recognition is never going to be a matter of strict geometry.
Exactly. That large pic really isn't very flattering though. I'm mainly noticing 3PO's crotch bulge. Golden Rod probably requires magnums.

Put this together showing that more rounded look of threepio with shots of sideshow's. I'll just look at that one shot of threepio until the figure comes out. View attachment 148450
I love my Tama, and after I do some dirt and oil painting I'll love it even more... the one mistake I can't fix though, which the SS version has also, is the small round 'earrings' being tilted away from the neck. They should be slightly tilted in the opposite direction, TOWARD the neck.

FIG-KAI-04383.jpg

The Sideshow is strong with you, it's that simple. :lol:wink1:

FIG-KAI-04383.jpg

The figure in hand does not look like that photo. The shadow at the crotch and overall colour are totally off from the actual figure. Also the Hasbro-pose in the main picture throws it off too.

Like most metallic figures, a bright white background and lighting makes everything appear really slim. The HT 1/4 Endo does the same trick in pics.

Back