Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Sideshow is strong with you, it's that simple. :lol:wink1:

Well, don't strain yourself on my account.

The figure in hand does not look like that photo. The shadow at the crotch and overall colour are totally off from the actual figure. Also the Hasbro-pose in the main picture throws it off too.

I'm talking about the face.

Is the restraining bolt that big in real life?

Ah, the defense of overpriced dolls.

:lol :lol :lol

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to EVILFACE again.

22898569-fake-dictionary-dictionary-definition-of-the-word-priceless.jpg

:D :lol :lol

I don't see it. I see this...
This looks all kinds of wrong to me.

I figure it has something to do with how any individual brain ranks features in order of importance. With as many details as any one face has, recognition is never going to be a matter of strict geometry.

You are right about the restraining bolt, it's horrible, big and plastic. The rest of the figure though is amazing, it doesn't look like that in hand at all. The only slight criticism I would make of it are that the legs/feet could be thinner, more slender. SS got that right. But the color and detail on the Tamishii is beautiful. The flat light white in those pics makes it look all wrong, like he is in snow or something. :lol

3-69_zps4f5320cb.jpg

DSC02191_zpsa76623ab.jpg
9-10_zps53483f37.jpg
DSC02185_zps0d6997a9.jpg
8-16_zpsc7a1a97c.jpg
IMG_1645_zpsdb130832.jpg
DSC02196_zpsc77b3a91.jpg
10-7_zpsd6e2bff9.jpg

Last edited:
You are right about the restraining bolt, it's horrible, big and plastic. The rest of the figure though is amazing, it doesn't look like that in hand at all. The only slight criticism I would make of it are that the legs/feet could be thinner, more slender. SS got that right. But the color and detail on the Tamishii is beautiful. The flat light white in those pics makes it look all wrong, like he is in snow or something. :lol

It's interesting you say that because I feel the exact opposite. I think the Sideshow legs/knees look way too big and fat for the body. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but Sideshow's looks like it has thunderthighs or just plain old fat knees and are not in proportion with the rest of the body.

But yes, I do love my Tamashii. It's simply stunning in real life.

It's interesting you say that because I feel the exact opposite. I think the Sideshow legs/knees look way too big and fat for the body. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but Sideshow's looks like it has thunderthighs or just plain old fat knees and are not in proportion with the rest of the body.

But yes, I do love my Tamashii. It's simply stunning in real life.

The feet and lower legs are a bit chunky on the Tamashii, the actual suit had smaller feet and thinner calves. Curvier, slinky almost, I think the SS got that part right, you may be right though about their proportions to the rest of the SS body. :lol

Maybe someone should rename this thread "The Tamashii C-3PO Thread Part 2" :slap When is their R2 coming out again?

My point exactly. With the amount of Tama fluffing going on in here, I didn't think it would be inappropriate to sing Sideshow's praises a bit more loudly.

Tamashii's 3po is gorgeous. I prefer Sideshow's. I don't see that there's an either/or implied in that.

After all that Tamashiing...:lol HOW ABOUT A LITTLE MORE?!

This is Tama, movie still, and Sideshow. The Tama bolt is about right (if a bit too deep, though that might have been for handling purposes,) SSC is a bit small.

28vvzhw.png

So... isn't Sideshow supposed to be doing a 3PO?:slap:rotfl

I love 'em them both.

Back