Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are possible accessories for this guy? I know some have been bandied about already. Commlink, restraining bolt, extra head with eye popping out for the Jabba owners (that one seems a stretch, the other two seem obvious). Any other possibilities?

Re: Sideshow Collectibles C3PO 1/6 Scale Action Figure

Sure, and the three people that picked him up were lucky to get him.

You know that "Perfect" is a marketing term for Tama and has nothing to do with the quality nor design of the figure itself right? You're probably going to want some sauce with that hat, as I expect the SSC to blow the Tama out of the water in terms of likeness. Material feel/weight will be a different matter entirely. Incidentally, there's already a thread for the Tama, we should keep discussions about that figure there. And GI Joe, well, let's just keep that off the board entirely. ;)

X-Wing Luke, $240? And SS C3PO still looks like poo. Guess my hat is pretty safe. :wave

What are possible accessories for this guy? I know some have been bandied about already. Commlink, restraining bolt, extra head with eye popping out for the Jabba owners (that one seems a stretch, the other two seem obvious). Any other possibilities?

Not really, R2 came with a complete drinking tray for a sail barge display and a huge amount of other stuff most people won't use. An extra head would be a unique and cool extra.

Re: Sideshow Collectibles C3PO 1/6 Scale Action Figure

X-Wing Luke, $240? And SS C3PO still looks like poo. Guess my hat is pretty safe. :wave

Not sure what the price of a different product has to do with anything, but SSC's 3PO is looking fantastic. Much better than Tama in a number of respects - and not as good in others. We'll need an update to see if anything's changed from what we saw at SDCC.

Disney bought Lucasfilm in October 2012. You think that license holders would be expected to immediately change their business model to accomodate, particularly when it was this severe?

Their production schedule alone is 12 months from solicitation to shipment. You figure their planning stage is about 10-15 minutes, or what?

The price hike for X-wing Luke was due to an increase in license fees from Disney. So going forward I think it's safe to expect bare bones figures with minimal accessories to be around the same $240 price point.

If some of us here are willing to shell out 300 dollars (even more for us aussies) for the speeder bike, by the the time this guy goes up for po, we'll just take a deep breath and pull the trigger. If we want it, we want it, right? The wait alone for 3po is reason enough for many collectors to buy him.

hey im happy with my tamashii 3po.

The SSC version has a major question mark about finish, a bulbous jaw that is not just lighting and increasingly troubling questions about pricing (which is going to be north of $250.)

At this point I'm still definitely in for SSC 3PO, but this is looking to ship Dec 2015... a full year after SSC R2... and three years after the Tamashii. And who knows if a HT 3PO will be in the cards by then.

So you should be happy with your tamashii.:lol

Back