Sideshow 1/6 Garindan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Sideshow Garindan (1).jpg

Sideshow Garindan (2).jpg

Sideshow Garindan.jpg

Sideshow Garindan5.jpg
Sideshow Garindan6.jpg
Sideshow Garindan7.jpg

Sideshow Garindan8.jpg
Sideshow Garindan9.jpg

The Garindan™ Sixth Scale Figure includes:

• Masked headsculpt of Garindan with affixed goggles, based on Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope
  • Tailored costume, including:
    • Hooded black cloak
    • Cape
    • Shirt
    • Holster
    • Belt
    • Boots
  • Four (4) total hands:
    • Two (2) Relaxed hands
    • One (1) Blaster holding hand
    • One (1) Comm link holding hand
  • Blaster
  • Black hexagon base

Last edited:
I’m just glad I don’t “need” these secondary characters on the shelf. At $180 - $190 ,maybe. At $270 plus tax and shipping, no thanks, especially at SS level quality.
Heck, I don't "need" any of this silly stuff I collect, but I hear you on the price. I do think Sideshow's quality has gotten much better the past couple of years and I think they're typically pretty good at the non-human stuff. Still, this one I'm on the fence for.

I just realised for the first time, while waiting for the forum to build up enough steam to permit the photos to upload, that he doesn't have an alien snout but a stitched plague mask.

One of the unique things about how realistic these figures are getting nowadays, is that it's really the best look we'll ever get at a character.

I always smile a bit when people use a photo of a figure as a representative image of a movie character instead of a screenshot from the movie itself.

I just realised for the first time, while waiting for the forum to build up enough steam to permit the photos to upload, that he doesn't have an alien snout but a stitched plague mask.
I suppose it could also be a mask which is covering up an alien snout.

It's a pretty cool looking figure, but just don't think I can justify paying that much for this one.

I think he looks pretty good. But at that price point…? No. I’m not saying my custom is as good - I never finished weathering him - but all in he was a fraction of the cost, including the new body. Agree that at $170-$180 I’d bite, but I’m not seeing $300 value here.
Yeah, I'm the same with a custom (haven't finished mine either - still have his pants in a zippie and planned to repaint goggle lenses) that plugs the hole but is clearly a couple of notches below the SSC figure. Yet... staring down a $300 charge to upgrade on a character even fans don't get hugely excited about like they do for Hammerhead or Walrusman. Gary just doesn't float the boat for some reason.

With the lack of ref pics, SSC's taken a fair amount of artistic license - the onscreen Gary has no second inner cape and no blaster/holster like the SSC fig has. He does have two different hooded cloaks in the movie (one has a second medieval monk style outer hood that ends mid-back, seen with the sandies, the other is just the full-length hooded cloak seen as he follows Luke/Ben) so would have been nice to have seen that included.

Surprised there's no "pointing finger/motioning" hand as he only really does two things in the movie: talks into his communicator and points to D94 for the sandie.

54005532260_59d29a90a5_c.jpg

The price point of 1/6 scale figures have removed the desire to "collect" 1/6 scale. I will buy maybe one a year as a "art piece" as I display one per detolf shelf. For example this year I am only picking up Anakin. Last year AOTC C-3PO

Back