Sideshow 1/6 Garindan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to mention this has so much dated mold reuse. The gloves appear to be identical to the Sideshow X-Wing Luke and the boots look identical to the Sideshow RotJ Luke. Those figures were fine or whatever but even at the time, had plenty of minor issues. To recycle that ~6-8 years later is weak and further falls into question the pricing justification.

Garindan does look the cheapest of the figures so far, and far from his $270 valuation.

Can't believe Sideshow actually used this as one of their promo photos, with the gauntlet separated as though it lacks the friction to keep it connected...

535071-Sideshow-Garindan-2-.jpg

I'll still get him though. :monkey3

I have to imagine the higher price point is due to lower expected production runs. The more they make, the more spread out the production costs tend to be. I know Lucasfilm royalties are ridiculous on top of insane licensing fees so a good 1/3 or more of the price is going just to those costs.

I worry the lack of exclusive will lead to lower pre-orders/sells and scare Sideshow into making up exclusives for the doc and Labria. Maybe Labria’s cape and Evisian’s vest will be their exclusives? :cautious:

Sideshow missed a trick with Garindan as the hood could've been a legitimate exclusive, as it was with Ponda's flippers. Two continuity errors, though Ponda always had flippers until his severed arm was shown.

(They had to make something up to create an exclusive for Greedo).

I have to imagine the higher price point is due to lower expected production runs. The more they make, the more spread out the production costs tend to be. I know Lucasfilm royalties are ridiculous on top of insane licensing fees so a good 1/3 or more of the price is going just to those costs.

Especially so with Garindan as I don't expect he's going to be very popular. Labria is likely going to be an even harder sell as he played no active part in the film, though he has more colour and visual appeal.

Sideshow missed a trick with Garindan as the hood could've been a legitimate exclusive, as it was with Ponda's flippers. Two continuity errors, though Ponda always had flippers until his severed arm was shown.

(They had to make something up to create an exclusive for Greedo).

Especially so with Garindan as I don't expect he's going to be very popular. Labria is likely going to be an even harder sell as he played no active part in the film, though he has more colour and visual appeal.
Yeah, I think they're releasing in the order they think will be most popular, so I expect Labria to be last...although that closeup as you get the feel for the Cantina is pretty memorable. Heck, I'm getting them all because I'm just that dumb... :)

Yeah, I think they're releasing in the order they think will be most popular, so I expect Labria to be last...although that closeup as you get the feel for the Cantina is pretty memorable. Heck, I'm getting them all because I'm just that dumb... :)

I imagined Evazan to be a popular one as he's inseparable from Ponda.

Sideshow may be deliberately leaving him for a bit to give collectors more time to buy Ponda, and then feel the need to get his partner in crime too.

This series, while they aren't Hot Toys quality, feels like an event. Really looking forward to the Jabba's Palace line as that's my favourite location in the OT.

Hoping they'll revisit Momaw Nadon too.

I’ll get all of the first wave apart from the devil guy. Not really in to the Jabba’s palace goons. No Gammorean guard teased? I have the black series of him anyway and it’s really good. Now if they did sy Snootles and the band, I’d be interested in those.

That's the alternate "medieval monk style" (making clear the medieval doctor "snout mask" connection) shorter secondary hood that SSC should have included with the figure.

He only wears that version in the D94 scene, whereas elsewhere he wears the straight head-to-feet hooded cloak.

Yep. I always liked that "medieval" cloak better.

It doesn't seem possible that this is the hooded cloak simply "drawn back at the shoulder making it look a bit different", because it looks much more like a medieval hood. As Felinx wrote, it adds to what appears to have been a plague doctor inspiration for the costume.

View attachment 726627

This lightened shot shows that he is wearing a grey tunic with matching sleeves:

View attachment 726625

I've never before read about the split-back cloak before, but I've watched the D94 scene forever and -- I agree with you -- it sure looks like a hoodie cape to me. They even tightened it around his neck as one would expect a 'hoodie' to work.

Just seems like one more beautiful inconsistency from good old Star Wars '77 -- redesigning Greedo wear, Garindan wear, etc.

Back