Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I hold onto Jabba I'll definitely get this. Still contemplating keeping that monster. I'll probably get this anyway to at least check it out.

it?s up on popcultcha...,,!!!
giphy (1).jpg

Non-discounted price: A$420:horror:lol

tenor.gif

Which is still about $40 cheaper for us than from SS once tax and shipping is added. But it does seem that PC have wised up and are closing the gap between their pricing and SS's final shipped prices unfortunately. I've got some pennies that will drop the price a bit further but the number of figures I'm purchasing is steadily declining.

Last edited:
Which is still about $40 cheaper for us than from SS once tax and shipping is added. But it does seem that PC have wised up and are closing the gap between their pricing and SS's final shipped prices unfortunately. I've got some pennies that will drop the price a bit further but the number of figures I'm purchasing is steadily declining.

Yep, that's why I jumped on the discount. The gift card really came in handy as well cos those prices are getting harder to justify, although I remember the Snowspeeder Luke being up around AU$400 when that came out a few years ago. But yeah, my pre-order/wishlist has been steadily shrinking.

Oh, I'm with you but that's like saying "look at this fixer-upper bargain for $700k in a market of $1m+ houses!":lol The point is, just as you have to objectively step away and say "$1m+ average price is insane," you have to step away and say "the better part of $500 (or, in US$ terms, creeping toward $300, now with taxes and noticeably increased shipping added in) for a single 12" doll is insane."

But yeah, I get that shipping and tax is included on the PC price, so it's actually a decent deal. And yes, I still have a zillion pennies so I can get another $50 off.

As I said before, the sad thing about this fig is that SSC could easily have done it as a follow-up to the ESB Lando a decade ago (using that same pretty great likeness head but permanently embedded inside the helmet) and it would have been close to the same quality (cut/sew maybe not quite at the same level, but close, and weapons and accessories much the same) as this figure, and it would have been $110 - a "big $30 jump" up from the ESB Lando's $80.

I mean there is no one on the planet who can buy this fig for much under US$300 or equivalent once shipping and tax is factored in (neither of which would have been an issue ten years ago.) Yes, another general rant about fig pricing - moving on.:rotfl

Was just thinking this is really good news that Sideshow are back in the 1/6 ring. Like them or not, at the very least it at least gives Hot Toys some competition. And if Sideshow are mainly interested in Star Wars then this means more figures for us collectors.

So with a bit of luck it'll be a very interesting year. Just really hope Sideshow does go the direction of revisiting some of their previous OT aliens. Sure some to fit with their Jabba scene. But also others like the a Tusken Raider and Dewback re-release.

SDCC should be pretty interesting this year. Especially with it being a few months before The Mando season 2, just enough time to show some of the new figures and then go to pre-order when Star Wars is back on the hype train for Season 2.

Was just thinking this is really good news that Sideshow are back in the 1/6 ring. Like them or not, at the very least it at least gives Hot Toys some competition. And if Sideshow are mainly interested in Star Wars then this means more figures for us collectors.

So with a bit of luck it'll be a very interesting year. Just really hope Sideshow does go the direction of revisiting some of their previous OT aliens. Sure some to fit with their Jabba scene. But also others like the a Tusken Raider and Dewback re-release.

SDCC should be pretty interesting this year. Especially with it being a few months before The Mando season 2, just enough time to show some of the new figures and then go to pre-order when Star Wars is back on the hype train for Season 2.

Agree fully.

With it being 40th anniversary of Empire it would be great to get a chance of Lobot,
2-1B, Ugnaught, Cloud Car Pilot or given my preference, General Veers.

If Sideshow are the company that will make these then I am all in. These are far more desirable to me than anything from the New films.

I have a bunch of reward points that I might toss this figure's way. This is a needed figure for my Jabba set up. I just hope we get a Leia Booush updated figure.

Back