Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....or simply go with what you like, whomever the manufacturer. Both HT and SSC have had their share of ups and downs.

As for what prompts HT's figure selection, it's a safe bet that Diz has as much to say as Howard does. Yes, the Jawa and Gonk were a surprise but it's not a stretch to look at them fitting into the Mandalorian wave. Classic takes on them (thank the maker) but it still works.

I'm VERY stoked about this SSC Skiff Lando and would be really happy to see them produce any other of Jabba's denizens they could.

I usually wait for production pieces and then order. I'm glad Sideshow stuff doesn't sell out instantly - like seeing those final production shots first.

If they use the same body as the mythos Obi-wan, should be a solid feeling figure. That body has tiight joints.

I usually wait for production pieces and then order. I'm glad Sideshow stuff doesn't sell out instantly - like seeing those final production shots first.

If they use the same body as the mythos Obi-wan, should be a solid feeling figure. That body has tiight joints.

I just received their deluxe Luke Jedi and the body on it is tight and the Endor look all around is really good. I know SS gets a fair amount of criticism but I really think their 1/6 offerings have been pretty good. Mythos Fett has the floppy body, but otherwise is a brilliant figure. High hopes for Lando!

Just placed my order with PC while they still have the early bird 10% off. Also used some pennies to bring it down further. Looking forward to this one.

I hope this sells well. I want to see Sideshow continue the Jabba theme. Please drop Gamorrean Guards at SDCC.

I hope this sells well. I want to see Sideshow continue the Jabba theme. Please drop Gamorrean Guards at SDCC.

Me too. The last three SS fig's I've gotten have been top notch. C3PO (yeah the thumbs aren't right but he really is a great figure), Rogue Squadron Luke (one of my favourite 1/6 SW figures) and Mythos Obi-wan. SS's Tuskin's, Jawa's and other aliens (hammerhead in particular) are brilliant. They just need to stop using floppy bodies (Mythos Obi-wan and RS Luke have great bodies). Better bases would also be nice. They should go back to including some diorama add-ons to the bases like with the original Scout Trooper release and the Hoth Han and Luke. Those really elevated the bases beyond HT level. Or at the very least some textured toppers like Jabba's palace floor for this Lando.

Yeah, I'm going to be super stressed as SDCC approaches - that's going to be where we know for sure if SSC is still in the 1/6 SW game or if the Lando was simply a grandfathered product signed off on before the license expired. If they don't show anything new at SDCC 2020, it's official.

I'd love some Jabba guys but stuff like Admiral Ackbar, General Veers and a Hoth Rebel I'd take over Jabba guys. To see a high-end Ackbar would be so cool. And stuff like Veers and Hoth Rebel are super tricky to do customs for that would be near Sideshow quality level.

And I shudder to think what the price for an all-new Gammy would be - somewhat complex outfit, unique body and the tooling on the arms and legs would be expensive to do. I would like to see an all-new fig too (versus a light redo/repaint like Bossk) because the body on the old one is a bit outdated and has minimal articulation.

Just placed my order with PC while they still have the early bird 10% off. Also used some pennies to bring it down further. Looking forward to this one.

Yeah, that's in my cart. I wish I could blow more than $50 in pennies though. It's not like SSC's rewards - it's tiered and I'm not a fan of that. If I have $120 worth of pennies, I should be able to spend $120.

Yeah, I'm going to be super stressed as SDCC approaches - that's going to be where we know for sure if SSC is still in the 1/6 SW game or if the Lando was simply a grandfathered product signed off on before the license expired. If they don't show anything new at SDCC 2020, it's official.

I'd love some Jabba guys but stuff like Admiral Ackbar, General Veers and a Hoth Rebel I'd take over Jabba guys. To see a high-end Ackbar would be so cool. And stuff like Veers and Hoth Rebel are super tricky to do customs for that would be near Sideshow quality level.

And I shudder to think what the price for an all-new Gammy would be - somewhat complex outfit, unique body and the tooling on the arms and legs would be expensive to do. I would like to see an all-new fig too (versus a light redo/repaint like Bossk) because the body on the old one is a bit outdated and has minimal articulation.

I would buy two Gamorreans for $250-275 each if they were good, and I believe Sideshow could do a great job on them. I would be in on Sideshow Ackbar too.

Veers is a figure I desperately want(top 5 most wanted for sure) but I would prefer HT tackle. If Sideshow made him I would certainly buy though.

Yeah, that's in my cart. I wish I could blow more than $50 in pennies though. It's not like SSC's rewards - it's tiered and I'm not a fan of that. If I have $120 worth of pennies, I should be able to spend $120.

I know what you mean. I placed a rather largish order, this, DX17, DX18 and my sister wanted a couple of Pops (Australian Bushfire appeal exclusives) so used the 2000 pennies to save 10%. So individually I didn't quite get $50 off this release, but collectively I saved a couple of bucks under $150 off all three figs. 2000 pennies vs 4500 for the same net result is a win to me. Pennies must be a bane to PC for Hot Toy's collectors. Every 2 figs is an easy $50 worth of pennies and at this rate it will soon be every figure. Pop collectors on the other hand have to buy a lot of pops to get decent pennies :lol

I would buy two Gamorreans for $250-275 each if they were good, and I believe Sideshow could do a great job on them. I would be in on Sideshow Ackbar too.

Veers is a figure I desperately want(top 5 most wanted for sure) but I would prefer HT tackle. If Sideshow made him I would certainly buy though.

Oh, I definitely would too (I'd actually love to have 3 Gamorreans in my Palace dio plus a "hero" standalone museum display Gammy if it came out really nice - the old one is fine for a dio but wasn't to me good enough for hero treatment) but I worry an all-new Gammy would surely have to be in the $270-290 range. I just don't know how they could do it for less than that given what's required. There's no way it could be $250, especially given Lando is basically $250 but dates back nearly two years in terms of development and pricing calculations.

And the point with all of these is that HT won't do them, whereas SSC might. HT do toss in some fringe figs from time to time - Power droid and Jawa - but just as often they show cool 2nd/3rd tier figs then don't make them - DS Trooper and Snowtrooper Commander being the most painful, but there's quite a few others. I just can't see Veers being done by HT, even Ackbar, but I guess who knows.

I know what you mean. I placed a rather largish order, this, DX17, DX18 and my sister wanted a couple of Pops (Australian Bushfire appeal exclusives) so used the 2000 pennies to save 10%. So individually I didn't quite get $50 off this release, but collectively I saved a couple of bucks under $150 off all three figs. 2000 pennies vs 4500 for the same net result is a win to me. Pennies must be a bane to PC for Hot Toy's collectors. Every 2 figs is an easy $50 worth of pennies and at this rate it will soon be every figure. Pop collectors on the other hand have to buy a lot of pops to get decent pennies :lol

I'm always worried PC will either abruptly go out of business or radically change/discontinue Pennies. I really just need to pull the trigger and get Wicket and Lando on PO and get $50 off each. These things are so expensive I keep thinking to wait for an in-stock sale but that rarely happens.

I have a feeling this Lando is going to be a bit like Luke Snowspeeder - kinda expensive but goes up in value quickly because they didn't make a ton of them.

I'm always worried PC will either abruptly go out of business or radically change/discontinue Pennies. I really just need to pull the trigger and get Wicket and Lando on PO and get $50 off each. These things are so expensive I keep thinking to wait for an in-stock sale but that rarely happens.

I have a feeling this Lando is going to be a bit like Luke Snowspeeder - kinda expensive but goes up in value quickly because they didn't make a ton of them.

If it helps, PC just bought a $2.5m heritage listed property to transfer their flagship HQ store into once it's renovated. So they must be doing ok. I fear what will happen to them when the Pop craze finally goes the way of the Beanie Baby... The Zing stores here have all but ditched high end collectables for wall upon wall of Pops.

But you should bit on Lando before the PO discount disappears to stack with those pennies.

DS Trooper and Snowtrooper Commander being the most painful, but there's quite a few others. I just can't see Veers being done by HT, even Ackbar, but I guess who knows.

Only reason I say HT Veers is because they did Tarkin and Krennic. Granted Veers is more of a stretch. But they also will have a lot of the costume basically done already with the Mudtrooper. I badly need him for my Snowtrooper army!

If it helps, PC just bought a $2.5m heritage listed property to transfer their flagship HQ store into once it's renovated. So they must be doing ok. I fear what will happen to them when the Pop craze finally goes the way of the Beanie Baby... The Zing stores here have all but ditched high end collectables for wall upon wall of Pops.

But you should bit on Lando before the PO discount disappears to stack with those pennies.

Maybe I'll wait for PC to ship my ****ing Leia Bespin before I spend any more $$ with them.:lecture:lol

Only reason I say HT Veers is because they did Tarkin and Krennic. Granted Veers is more of a stretch. But they also will have a lot of the costume basically done already with the Mudtrooper. I badly need him for my Snowtrooper army!

Both Tarkin and Krennic were in a new movie though. And what's this Snowie army? How many do you have?

I have four Snowies (one is a HT/SSC hybrid) all up plus a modded SSC Snowie Commander. I would love a Veers, but yeah Ht would be my preference.

Both Tarkin and Krennic were in a new movie though. And what's this Snowie army? How many do you have?

I have four Snowies (one is a HT/SSC hybrid) all up plus a modded SSC Snowie Commander. I would love a Veers, but yeah Ht would be my preference.

I absolutely love Hoth, I have 9 total Snowtroopers. 6 HT and 3 Sideshow. 2 AT AT pilots, 1 Snowtrooper Commander, and 2 E-Webb cannons. To say I badly want Veers is an understatement:lol

I absolutely love Hoth, I have 9 total Snowtroopers. 6 HT and 3 Sideshow. 2 AT AT pilots, 1 Snowtrooper Commander, and 2 E-Webb cannons. To say I badly want Veers is an understatement:lol

WTF!:horror:lol

And even the movie only had one e-web.:dunno

Pic or it didn't happen - I need to see this set-up.:lecture

hell i got 5 snow troopers 2 ss and 3 hot toys i guess you could say i have two AT-AT drivers one side show and the other is marmit. and one e-web cannon. one wampa :)

hell i got 5 snow troopers 2 ss and 3 hot toys i guess you could say i have two AT-AT drivers one side show and the other is marmit. and one e-web cannon. one wampa :)

Turd wins !!!

WTF!:horror:lol

And even the movie only had one e-web.:dunno

Pic or it didn't happen - I need to see this set-up.:lecture

Someday...:)

Ultimately I want to have a hero setup with the upper tier characters and also Tattooine, Hoth, and Endor dio type displays. A few other things sprinkled in too :lol

Back