Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1ac12053555a04b5e785c2644d6f60d8.jpg

85b740cf3c090786d3d9b606405b5999.jpg

And then of course a couple not too helpful photos of the figure

58dc3694097ff6fbfc29b649cf8434d1.jpg

83d335827cc2d0f0e29760c56fce544b.jpg

Nothing to be alarmed about IMO so far. Long neck but might look fine with helmeted sculpt, which looks good so far.

Thanks for the pics. As with all SS sculpted figures the helmet will stay on.

However I am waiting to see what the final production figure looks like properly posed and photographed.

This is the only skiff lando we are likely to get for at least a few years. With the helmet on, hopefully it looks ok. The giraffe neck worries me.

Were there any other pics, and who posted that? Any idea on where the pic was taken?

I just had a quick search and found the source.

It's Jesse Lo's post on the 'Let Your Geek Sideshow' Facebook page.

Jesse Lo said:
[FONT=&quot]Just brought the wolverine DX [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
1f440.png
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Tempted by Lando too [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
1f975.png
[/FONT]

He saw him at

[FONT=&quot]toys hunter in hk[/FONT]

The helmeted sculpt doesn’t look too bad. The neck does look pretty long though. Also not sure about the outfit. It does look a bit chintzy to me, but maybe once it’s out of package and futzed a bit it looks better.

Hmm, the coloring on the chest armor appears much paler and the leather bits a bit cheaper and less weathered, but hard to really judge properly with the poor resolution.

The head does at least still look great with the helmet on.

Helmet on for sure. Typical terrible Sideshow human likeness. The Proto looked great but the production armor looks too orange and the leather parts look really cheap.

I’m looking at this as a slightly expensive, customizable box of parts right now. Maybe some better pics will change my mind.

I feel like the outfit looks bad due to the pictures. I think it may be better in proper lighting and once it’s worked with. The sash above the belt and the loin cloth part looks the worst to me. Maybe the chest armor too, but it’s hard to say for sure.

This is why SS is so frustrating to me. After 2 years of nothing on this they show, what appears to be, a barely above Hasbro quality figure. Why their quality can’t consistently rise to the level of their prices and competitors products is mind boggling.

Helmet on for sure. Typical terrible Sideshow human likeness. The Proto looked great but the production armor looks too orange and the leather parts look really cheap.

I’m looking at this as a slightly expensive, customizable box of parts right now. Maybe some better pics will change my mind.

Well said. I totally agree.

This is why SS is so frustrating to me. After 2 years of nothing on this they show, what appears to be, a barely above Hasbro quality figure. Why their quality can’t consistently rise to the level of their prices and competitors products is mind boggling.

I had this argument in the Gambit thread, people defending Sideshow hitting out with Hot Toys prices but not providing anywhere near the quality. It's just insane to me. Awful bodies, sub-par sculpts and just lacking overall quality in general.

Let's not flip out too much yet based on these cheesy FB shots. Hopefully some of the usual suspects will preview this figure soon and we'll get a better look.

Since it's their own product, I wonder if SSC will do one of those unboxing videos soon?

Well said. I totally agree.

I really hope I’m wrong but it just appears that way so far.

I had this argument in the Gambit thread, people defending Sideshow hitting out with Hot Toys prices but not providing anywhere near the quality. It's just insane to me. Awful bodies, sub-par sculpts and just lacking overall quality in general.

SS sometimes offers an amazing figure like Magneto or even Mythos Obi-Wan but that’s not the norm and their human movie sculpts are always subpar. Take Snowspeeder Luke for example. Amazing soft goods. Awesome looking helmeted figure. Luke sculpt is a caricature and not useable but slap an HT windswept hair, ROTJ sculpt on there and it’s a 10.

Let's not flip out too much yet based on these cheesy FB shots. Hopefully some of the usual suspects will preview this figure soon and we'll get a better look.

Since it's their own product, I wonder if SSC will do one of those unboxing videos soon?

You’re right. Most of the time these initial photos don’t do a figure justice. The things that look bad on this in those pics just really stand out to me for some reason though. I rarely criticize a figure based on initial photos but I was so enamored with the Proto pics and con reveal shots that these images are just disappointing.

I really hope it looks better in other pics or at least in hand. That sculpt though...there’s no photographer alive that can make that thing look like Lando.

They missed an opportunity to be the company that did the lesser SW characters that HT wouldn't touch, aliens and fun 3rd tier characters, and charge $160-$200. Sideshow should have been cranking out Ackbars and Greedos, the only human sculpts being generic faces partly hidden by headgear or helmets/visors/goggles - A-wing pilots, ATST drivers etc. - where slightly sub-par apps didn't matter much.

They missed an opportunity to be the company that did the lesser SW characters that HT wouldn't touch, aliens and fun 3rd tier characters, and charge $160-$200. Sideshow should have been cranking out Ackbars and Greedos, the only human sculpts being generic faces partly hidden by headgear or helmets/visors/goggles - A-wing pilots, ATST drivers etc. - where slightly sub-par apps didn't matter much.

:exactly: :goodpost:

So far there's nothing that doesn't look like it can't be improved with a slight repaint or some extra weathering. But we'll see...

Yeah, I think it's looking totally fine. I'm hoping it's like Dengar, which was a few steps down from the prototype, but nothing too bad at all, and even a few minor aspects that were maybe a touch better.

It'll be interesting to compare this to my custom Lando Skiff - they are in competition to see which one becomes my "hero display" Lando Skiff and which becomes my "semi-hidden in the Palace dio" Lando Skiff.:lol These early pics are always awful and make even quite decent figs look like crap.

I even have the extra sweetener of the Sideshow Bespin Lando head I've bought to put onto this fig (in case the new head does indeed look bad as we all suspect,) so I'm pretty confident I can get it to shine.

100% on every point. They really left a fortune on the table.

Back