Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeez, I wish this guy would just stand the figure up straight and put it in normal/natural lighting for once.:lol

Every pic so far has either been grainy, lens-distorted, extreme poses, posterized or in unnatural lighting that makes everything greenish/yellowish.:gah: :rotfl

I'll probably pick this figure up at some point. Since it doesn't appear to have a limited edition number, I bet we'll see some sales sooner or later.

I’ll say I’m pleasantly surprised seeing more pictures. The $245 price tag seems high to me honestly. The Hot Toys version is $10 less and really is comparable in terms of accessories. This has the two accessories and extra head sculpt (which many may not use anyways). The Hot Toys figure has two blasters, communicator, wrist link, and the stand/backdrop.

Jeez, I wish this guy would just stand the figure up straight and put it in normal/natural lighting for once.:lol

Every pic so far has either been grainy, lens-distorted, extreme poses, posterized or in unnatural lighting that makes everything greenish/yellowish.:gah: :rotfl

This is definitely why I don't take pics even if I get something "earlier" b/c no matter how much better phone tech gets, I still can't take a good pic of my figures to save my life :lol

In those last pics, the cummerbund looks like it's been very well made. I'm looking forward to this one! I'll be displaying it in a fairly static museum pose, which personally I prefer rather than these "Marvel Style" super action poses.

Just posting these bigger. You can see a lot of detail in the pictures. Teeth on the helmet could use a repaint. Otherwise he looks pretty good from what I see.
4b48c71d73bcc42686c50fb991c87799.jpg

2d3b8ec96551a4537cb145670e86ebd3.jpg

4cb70893a80e84a8673e40135117e207.jpg

Hmm if it wasn't for the new HT sculpt I probably could have lived with this, but it definitely seems pretty cartoonish now in comparison. And not sure why they have him looking so angry.

That’s a great looking, third party, random guy sculpt but the worst 1/6 Lando likeness I’ve ever seen. The original SS Lando with a professional repaint looks more like Lando than this does. Such a shame Sideshow can’t get a handle on realistic human likeness after so many years in the business.

Yeah, but it's not like this head is a surprise, proto never looked all that good - I spent the past month or so hunting down an old Sideshow Lando head for a decent price.

The old Sideshow Lando head has its issues (a little oversized, paints apps and level of sculpt detail just-okay) but from normal viewing distance it's really a terrific Lando/BDW likeness. TBH, paints apps/sculpt detail aside, I think it looks more like BDW than the new HT sculpt. Will be interested to see how it looks on this fig. Because I already have a decent Lando Skiff, I really wanted this new SSC figure to be a helmet-off display.

I do think this new Lando head will be improved by some heating to squeeze it wider. It's looking a bit too narrow.

Back