Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha! yep, maybe. Although they could have set it up with their Rancor (on that note - anyone seen the replica Rancor from Regal Robot? Oh to have the space and funds for that thing!)

I think someone already mentioned this, but why don't Sideshow have this out on display for their NYCC ??

Guess they feel intimidated putting their single figure next to Hot Toys armada of new Star Wars figures.

Wasnt at their last Con either :dunno. Strange that they just arent pushing this figure at all, I never see it featured on their website or any Social Media posts or emails about it. Nothing.

That looks awesome Tali. I have both the Sideshow Skiff Lando and HT Bespin Lando on order. Now it?s just a question of which will get here first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, and yeah one thing I hope Sideshow does get right on the production figure - that will determine whether my custom Lando goes into the Jabba dio or remains as the "museum display" Lando - is whether they get the color palette right.

I did my custom boots out of leather but I wouldn't expect Sideshow to do that (too hard to mass produce) but the color of their boots so far to me isn't reddish enough. More a middle brown. There's a specific color palette to Lando skiff (that's best shown in the screen capture at far right below) that really makes the costume "pop" and I hope they can nail it - it's a mix of very red burnt sienna red for the boots and shirt, and a burnt umber look for the loin cloth and sash. The prototype isn't quite there, especially the boots and helmet.

(note that the displayed costume second from right has some fading in the shirt, belt and loin cloth)

I'm always a bit excited but also a bit nervous before SSC SW fig production figure pics are shown.:rotfl

7HZBdZS.jpg

Hope to see this ship in December but all the other Sideshow Star Wars 1/6 will probably get this one delayed:monkey3

Hope to see this ship in December but all the other Sideshow Star Wars 1/6 will probably get this one delayed:monkey3

Ha yeah exactly. With all their other 1/6 offerings they don't even have room to show it off at their NYCC event !!

Now watch them bring out 3 new Jabba figures today, and me suddenly wanting them all + Jabba ! :lol

Could someone living out in Cali please wake up the Sideshow SW 1/6 guy and remind him that this is due in Dec-Jan. Sideshow did a ton of virtual showcases over the past several months and I don't think Lando ever surfaced...

I think this is the only new thing Sideshow has coming as far as 1/6th Star Wars. They have some other figures on pre-order, but they’re all figures that were previously available.

Maybe the production piece is that bad that they are just keeping it on the down low. Or they are ashamed of their head sculpt since Hot Toys announced their Lando.

Maybe the production piece is that bad that they are just keeping it on the down low. Or they are ashamed of their head sculpt since Hot Toys announced their Lando.

Possible, although the comparisons will always be done I guess. But perhaps having them both at the same "con" would have heightened that comparison, also by standard customers who aren't as close to it all as we are.

This seems like a pattern for ss. Didn?t 4-lom and zuckuss just appear out of nowhere after being on preorder forever?
As long as the costume and helmet look ok, I am good with this. I hope they hurry up.

I'm still weirdly looking forward to this. Even though the quality may not be up there with HT, it's still always kind of fun getting a new SW figure from Sideshow. Especially since it's such a rare occurrence now.

I'm still weirdly looking forward to this. Even though the quality may not be up there with HT, it's still always kind of fun getting a new SW figure from Sideshow. Especially since it's such a rare occurrence now.

Indeed I'll probably feel a burst of nostalgia when this finally ships. The old rush of paying $30 or so higher than market value for a figure with loose joints and an unusable alternate head sculpt...;)

I kid, I think it will look nice with the helmet and I am very looking forward to adding this to my Jabba display. Any characters from the Palace are welcome additions. Plus it's not like HT ever would have made this anyway.

Indeed I'll probably feel a burst of nostalgia when this finally ships. The old rush of paying $30 or so higher than market value for a figure with loose joints and an unusable alternate head sculpt...;)

I kid, I think it will look nice with the helmet and I am very looking forward to adding this to my Jabba display. Any characters from the Palace are welcome additions. Plus it's not like HT ever would have made this anyway.

I agree! I might have him posed with Jedi luke as a prisoner.

Very much looking forward to this guys release. Any Jabba Palace releases commercial or custom... I?m all in! Still bummed I wasn?t around for the days of Enaud?s offerings :gah:

It's nice that even now, at the very end of Sideshow's long run of 1/6 SW, they still have the power to get some pulses racing. :clap

Back