Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had this argument in the Gambit thread, people defending Sideshow hitting out with Hot Toys prices but not providing anywhere near the quality. It's just insane to me. Awful bodies, sub-par sculpts and just lacking overall quality in general.

For the most part I agree. I have always since day 1 had to modify my SS pieces in some way, shape or form to get them how I want them. Granted sometimes I am pleasantly surprised overall. But it also helps that I get them below msrp. Like the Naboo Maul I picked up for $113 or the most recent ROTJ Vader for $170. They require a bit of work, but at those prices, I will gladly do some work to save $100 or so compared to the HT versions especially since I am not one who knows all the nuances for SW character outfits etc. Customizing is part of the fun for me with collecting but not so much when paying full price lol

For the most part I agree. I have always since day 1 had to modify my SS pieces in some way, shape or form to get them how I want them. Granted sometimes I am pleasantly surprised overall. But it also helps that I get them below msrp. Like the Naboo Maul I picked up for $113 or the most recent ROTJ Vader for $170. They require a bit of work, but at those prices, I will gladly do some work to save $100 or so compared to the HT versions especially since I am not one who knows all the nuances for SW character outfits etc. Customizing is part of the fun for me with collecting but not so much when paying full price lol

This is all true - however I spent nearly a week reworking my HT Jawa to make it in any way presentable, and HT is generally better than SSC but can be just awful with accessories - lists of stuff that's noticeably inaccurate (my pet peeve is the awful blaster that Leia Hoth came with, re-used on DS Gunner etc) or too small (Yoda's lamp, mouse droid, interrogation droid etc etc.) And HT has messed up the sculpts of Vader's, Fett's and stormtrooper helmet - multiple times.

I asked the guy on FB if he was happy with it... his answer was ?I think this is the last time I buy from this company? [emoji51]
...so, I guess he wasn?t that happy with it.

I asked the guy on FB if he was happy with it... his answer was ?I think this is the last time I buy from this company? [emoji51]
...so, I guess he wasn?t that happy with it.

Well, it's the last Sideshow Star Wars figure anyway...:dunno:rotfl

Has he (or anyone) posted any more pics other than the two (crappy) pics posted here?

And where is that guy located? Curious how he was first to get it.

Well, it's the last Sideshow Star Wars figure anyway...:dunno:rotfl

Has he (or anyone) posted any more pics other than the two (crappy) pics posted here?

And where is that guy located? Curious how he was first to get it.

He got it in HK... a little weird since it?s sideshow right? Wonder if the retailer was allowed to sell it...
he didn?t post any other pictures yet.
It doesn?t seem like he is used to sideshow products, so maybe it?s just the usual mixed bag from sideshow. The helmet looks pretty good in the picture I think.
And yes, this is most likely the last 1/6 SW figure from SSC. Unfortunately I think, since we?ll see very few background characters from now on.

He got it in HK... a little weird since it?s sideshow right? Wonder if the retailer was allowed to sell it...

Was it Jesse Lo? The same guy who photographed the box next to the Wolverines in Toy Hunters, Hong Kong?

Toy Hunters' Facebook had a post on 27th November listing a mass of Sideshow product (including Lando) which seemed to indicate they'd had a big delivery. The Chinese text at the bottom said

Customers who booked earlier can pick up the goods at Toy Hunters with their order!

In addition, there are also a small amount of spot on sale, interested customers can come to buy ~!

Was it Jesse Lo? The same guy who photographed the box next to the Wolverines in Toy Hunters, Hong Kong?

Toy Hunters' Facebook had a post on 27th November listing a mass of Sideshow product (including Lando) which seemed to indicate they'd had a big delivery.

His name is Alex Ccs on FB. He posted the other pictures later in the thread.

He got it in HK... a little weird since it?s sideshow right?

Not necessarily so weird. All Sideshow stuff is painted over there, plus it's a pretty small industry. So wouldn't be at all surprised if it was made in the same factory as other 1/6 figures.

But anyway, still keen to see some final decent production pics.

Not necessarily so weird. All Sideshow stuff is painted over there, plus it's a pretty small industry. So wouldn't be at all surprised if it was made in the same factory as other 1/6 figures.

But anyway, still keen to see some final decent production pics.

Yes it?s definitely made in HK or China... but would think that SSC would be the first to sell them. But guess I?m wrong.

They missed an opportunity to be the company that did the lesser SW characters that HT wouldn't touch, aliens and fun 3rd tier characters, and charge $160-$200. Sideshow should have been cranking out Ackbars and Greedos, the only human sculpts being generic faces partly hidden by headgear or helmets/visors/goggles - A-wing pilots, ATST drivers etc. - where slightly sub-par apps didn't matter much.

Totally agree! Imagine the missed opportunity to have rebel soldiers, troopers, droids and aliens. Their larger statues like Jabba, Dewback and Taun Taun are prized pieces in my collection. Imagine if they did a Bantha or a Wampa? Their Rancor looks pretty awesome too. What a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The good: That helmeted head looks pretty nice.

The bad: The sculpt with hair looks predictably unusable and the neck is concerning.

The ugly: That loincloth looks laughably horrendous.

Hopefully we get a better look at the complete figure soon. I definitely need this for my Jabba setup even if inevitable mods are required.

Looks like this one is at least another month out. I received a change in flex payment email this morning moving my final payment to January.

Let's not flip out too much yet based on these cheesy FB shots. Hopefully some of the usual suspects will preview this figure soon and we'll get a better look.
The shots aren’t the greatest, but the problem is Sideshow has such a track record of under delivering on final products. It’s hard to really get on their side. They usually make figures that are lacking in some area or are okay, but so overpriced that they aren’t worth it.

Looks sweet in the second shot (more from FB)
b63ba84dad9015961727fd742cdd742e.jpg

27fecb6716f3f5a4022a1a2746154a13.jpg

1f9dc89d3b316f80836b95cc41d6f376.jpg

8273c9df878d6ee305a12e45db417f1f.jpg

Looking better there. Body proportions are very nice. Good to see the texture and weathering remained on the leather skirt and waist band. The armor still looks too yellow to me but it may be just those pics.

Back